or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google unveils standalone iOS apps for editing Google Docs, Sheets & Slides

Google unveils standalone iOS apps for editing Google Docs, Sheets & Slides - Page 3

post #81 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Would that be like the old partnership Apple had with Motorola to make chips?

Wasn't Apple the one choosing to transition away from Motorola (IBM) chipsets over to Intel several years ago? Maybe you're referring to something else?

EDIT: Yes it was Apple that chose to dump Motorola.
http://www.cnet.com/news/four-years-later-why-did-apple-drop-powerpc/
Edited by Gatorguy - 5/1/14 at 6:30pm
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #82 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Wasn't Apple the one choosing to transition away from Motorola (IBM) chipsets over to Intel several years ago? Maybe you're referring to something else?

EDIT: Yes it was Apple that chose to dump Motorola.
http://www.cnet.com/news/four-years-later-why-did-apple-drop-powerpc/

...and IBM, as they were no longer competitive.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #83 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnAmazingThing View Post

Are you really suggesting that Google (who smartly saw the future in mobile before anyone but Apple it seems) should've put all of their eggs into one basket?

Thanks for the laugh!  First off, the reason Google saw the future in mobile before anyone but Apple, was because Eric Schmidt learned about it when he sat on the Apple board. THEN Google DID put all their eggs in one basket when they bet on Android, using Apple's UI ideas.

Apple has respect for competitors, but not thieves. Google is generating some bad mojo and when the day comes, no one will stand to help them.

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #84 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

THEN Google DID put all their eggs in one basket when they bet on Android, using Apple's UI ideas.

Except that they put the eggs in their own basket rather than in someone else's.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Google unveils standalone iOS apps for editing Google Docs, Sheets & Slides
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google unveils standalone iOS apps for editing Google Docs, Sheets & Slides