or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Sprint prepping cash for T-Mobile buy, CEO John Legere frontrunner to lead company

Sprint prepping cash for T-Mobile buy, CEO John Legere frontrunner to lead company - Page 2

post #41 of 42

I went with Sprint because T-Mobile is horrid in overall coverage. If you don't mind being stuck on EDGE, go for T-Mobile. At least Sprint launched LTE in my area quite some time ago (second batch of launch cities). AT&T has JUST launched it, and T-Mobile is still EDGE... Verizon, well... they've had it for years around here, but I'll NEVER go back to Verizon. 

Sprint's service isn't exactly stellar, but we know this. I will say I've been satisfied with them so far. There are very few areas that I don't get service compared to my former AT&T plan. I also have fewer dropped calls. The Sprint Framily Plan is also contract-free, similar to T-Mobile. You have to pay off your phone if you cancel service, just like T-Mobile. I get unlimited data and annual upgrades. That works for me. On top of that, my service gets cheaper every time someone joins my Framily Plan until we're each $25 plus extras (from 7-10 people).

I think the merger could be a good thing, and it should help push Sprint closer to being a GSM network via LTE. I'm excited for Sprint Spark to get here. I've heard it's really good. 

post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I'm in Atlanta also but it is a huge city so your mileage may vary. I get LTE pretty consistently  all over metro Atlanta though on my 5s even at Stone mountain and Six Flag and even down to Henry county.  I work in Buckhead and also spend a lot of time in Lenox and midtown areas and live in Dunwoody. Atlanta seems to get great LTE with all the carriers and was also among the very first for all 4 carriers to have LTE so lots of options. All I can tell you is that my 5s gets good LTE in Atlanta wherever I go at least so not sure why you are having problems. What neighborhoods are you mostly in? 

There is no Sprint Spark in Atlanta yet so I assume you meant in a spark city like Miami. Spark cities are showing up to 77Mbps http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2014/04/29/sprint-shows-off-spark-download-speeds-of-77mbps/

I'm mostly in Alpharetta/Milton area, but I travel all over for my son's soccer games.  My G2 had a Spark upgrade a few months ago.  I see the spinning spark icon on it from time to time.  I assumed that I was in a Spark region.  Maybe it's just a UI enhancement.  If so, that's good (albeit misleading) because it means the speeds should improve when Atlanta does get it.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Sprint prepping cash for T-Mobile buy, CEO John Legere frontrunner to lead company