or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Mackeeper

Mackeeper

post #1 of 5

MacKeeper ads pop up constantly. I can't get rid of them.  I tried blocking cookies in security and privacy. No luck.

Suggestions?  Thanks.

ADS
ADS
post #2 of 5

I use AdBlock, Ghostery, DoNotTrackMe, and Disconnect for that sort of thing. Don’t know if any are redundant; don’t care.

I use Get Off My Lawn for social networking blocking, but that’s a different story. :p

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #3 of 5

Are these free to use?

post #4 of 5
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post
Are these free to use?

Oh, certainly. They’re just extensions. You can find them on Apple’s extension page.

post #5 of 5

If you don't mind poking under the hood of your system, you can edit your /etc/hosts file to block known advertising domains. I prefer this method to using browser-specific extensions since it works at the system level and does not depend on what browser I am using. For references, see http://lifehacker.com/5817447/how-to-block-unwanted-ads-in-all-applications-and-speed-up-web-browsing-with-the-hosts-file.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Third-Party Products
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Third-Party Products › Mackeeper