or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › New Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts gets official welcome on executive leadership webpage

New Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts gets official welcome on executive leadership webpage - Page 2

post #41 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreck View Post

Yay! Welcome aboard. Perhaps the first order of business could be changing the name of the Genius Bar to something less pretentious. I love Apple, their products, and their philosophy. However, let's face it: Calling their service desk a "genius bar" only serves to put off potential customers, and gives fuel to the Apple haters that say the company and its customers think they're better than everyone else. Thinking/ knowing you're better is one thing, but letting the world know you think that is not usually the best idea.

I'll take a Genius at an Apple Store any day over some numbnutz behind the Service Department desk at Best Buy, or a clueless sales clerk at Walmart. Absolutely right - a Genius IS better than everyone else - and I'm damn glad to have one at my back!

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

post #42 of 57
Originally Posted by emoeric87 View Post

Again, a good guess would be all you folks saying this horse sh*t are privileged white folks, thinking that race doesn't play a prominent role in the disadvantages ethnic minorities in the US face on a DAILY basis.

No one cares about any of this. Keep it off our website.

There are literally entire LIBRARIES, SOCIAL INSTITUTIONS, UNIVERSITY DEPARTMENTS DEEEDDDICAAATED to consistently proving you wrong. 

Doesn’t say much for the quality of their work when they’re trying to prove the opposite of reality. Again, please leave if this is all you have to say.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

post #43 of 57
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No one cares about any of this. Keep it off our website.

Doesn’t say much for the quality of their work when they’re trying to prove the opposite of reality. Again, please leave if this is all you have to say.

And this is where your comments belong: http://freedomoutpost.com

post #44 of 57
Originally Posted by emoeric87 View Post
And this is where your comments belong: http://freedomoutpost.com

Nah. How about we just keep all political nonsense off the site?

post #45 of 57

She's hot. 

post #46 of 57
Calling it the "Genius Bar" is pure genius.

Would you dare go to work every day with that title if you didn't have your act together? It would be so easy to mock the whole premise of the Genuis Bar if they weren't delivering on the promise in most customer's minds. Awesome motivation tool if you ask me.
post #47 of 57

Apart from the usual geeky and business-oriented comments, the most important thing is that, despite some heavy airbrushing, she DOES look good and has beautiful eyes...all the rest is irrelevant.

iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
post #48 of 57
Deleted, forget it. Let him ^ wallow in his porcine ignorance.
Edited by Flaneur - 5/2/14 at 11:21am
post #49 of 57
I think she is going to quickly become one of the major "faces" of Apple leadership as the Cook/Apple regime seems to be expanding the public role of their senior management team.

She just oozes charisma, intelligence, style . . . If she is as good as her history and success suggests they'll be talking about her as leadership material after the Cook era.
post #50 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

The voice of reason. Man was not created equal. We all have our strengths, and some of us are blessed with more than others. Acknowledging that is the first step to holiness.

Comprehension check. My post was sheer sarcasm.

Daniel Swanson

Daniel Swanson

post #51 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechProd1gy View Post

For Splash Reverse:  (I forgot to quote) It shouldn't matter.  They should be allowed to hire who will do the best job for what they are trying to accomplish.  Quit posting crap.

The words "splash reverse" makes me think of the toilet water that splashes back up one's a**. Yes, off topic. Go Angela! 1smile.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #52 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splash-reverse View Post

Still have no prominent minority

Oh? What makes you, a British citizen I presume, an expert on American corporate diversity? Are you some kind of quota guy? Your country gifted Apple with the talents of Jony Ive ... thank you very much ... but it also bequeathed to Apple Angela's disastrous predecessor - John Browett. So you as a Brit might not want to be getting too full of yourself.

post #53 of 57
Quote:

let's face it: Calling their service desk a "genius bar" only serves to put off potential customers, and gives fuel to the Apple haters that say the company and its customers think they're better than everyone else..

I respectfully disagree.
I don't think anyone in their right mind thinks of "genius" as anything more than playful marketing. It's not a statement about Apple Store employees' IQ, and certainly not a statement that customers are somehow stupider than Apple Store workers.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #54 of 57
Quote:

Yay! Welcome aboard. Perhaps the first order of business could be changing the name of the Genius Bar to something less pretentious. I love Apple, their products, and their philosophy. However, let's face it: Calling their service desk a "genius bar" only serves to put off potential customers, and gives fuel to the Apple haters that say the company and its customers think they're better than everyone else. Thinking/ knowing you're better is one thing, but letting the world know you think that is not usually the best idea.

I agree. Big Bang Theory did a great ribbing on that name a few years ago, as you could imagine. 

post #55 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

Deleted, forget it. Let him ^ wallow in his porcine ignorance.

Sure; because talking about her business prowess is always more exciting than acknowledging a beautiful woman's looks.

If you don't like women, of course.

post #56 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-Daddy View Post

She's hot. 

She is.  And she is an excellent speaker, and very smart.  She's pretty much got it all going for her.

post #57 of 57
she is cute. I wish if I ever get married I have a wife like this one, smart and cute
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › New Apple retail chief Angela Ahrendts gets official welcome on executive leadership webpage