or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple retail store sales decline as consumers wait for new products

Apple retail store sales decline as consumers wait for new products - Page 2

post #41 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Ohhhhh...someone's getting testy!!!! Put the koolaid down for a second son. 

The iMac still looks the same as it did before the thinness. All they did was make it thinner. I'm not dismissing that this wasn't easy, I'm just saying the overall design is the same from the front. It could use a facelift with something new. 

I don't care if the majority of sales are notebooks, that doesn't mean you ignore the rest of the lineup. People still buy iMacs, Mac minis, etc. The Mac mini currently is shameful for what you get for the price. 

What kind of thing were you thinking about? In what areas do you feel the iMac needs to be changed / improved? The reason the iMac remains much the same is that by now it has been pared down to a screen, essentially. Would a colour change constitute a 'facelift'? In my opinion the present iMac has come a very long way since 'before the thinness', whenever that was. It can still get thinner but a 27" screen will always be a 27" screen. I remember some poster said prior to the iPhone 5s that Apple needed to up its game to beat Samsung. He thought Apple shouldn't incrementally improve the iPhone but instead "innovate and completely blow our minds". Not that I don't like having my mind blown by new design but it is hard to see how the iMac, or the iPhone can possibly do that through exterior design at this point. One day perhaps, the iMac will be a thin piece of clear class that will only function as a powerful computer (screen) once it is has been woken from sleep. That technology is a little way's off, though, I think :)

post #42 of 91

I was thinking along the lines of losing the front aluminum chin that all aluminum iMacs have had and making an all glass front, keeping the aluminum back as making a curved glass back would be quite difficult and very expensive to mass produce. This is a change in the design. The aluminum chin with black bordered glass look is the same since 2007. Yes, it may look slightly different but the same basic design principals are still there. 

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

post #43 of 91
Quote:

Well this is Apple...maybe if they didn't focus 100% on the iPhone and actually paid attention to the Mac every once in a while they'd some up with something different rather than something that looks like it did back in 2007. Its still a gray chin with a glass black border design. 

Yes, if only they did something new with a Mac every once in a while.  Hmm.  That would be cool.  I have an idea!  How about this?!

Nah.  That's CRAY-CRAY!  I mean, why even design something like that?!  They should just go back to focusing 100% on the iPhone!

post #44 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronJ View Post

Yes, if only they did something new with a Mac every once in a while.  Hmm.  That would be cool.  I have an idea!  How about this?!

Nah.  That's CRAY-CRAY!  I mean, why even design something like that?!  They should just go back to focusing 100% on the iPhone!

Now lets see the rest of the lineup gets some TLC...not some 2yr old Mac mini with some lame specs. 

post #45 of 91
Quote:

Can't say I blame them. Seems like ever since the iPhone came out the Mac has been the redheaded stepchild. 

Well, iPod. Back when the iPod business rivaled the Mac, thanks at the time to Windows compatibility, which was essential to allow the iPod to grow.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #46 of 91

Did you take a poll?

Yep! It’s called sales numbers.

How do you know people are still buying the Mac mini?

I guess Apple could be lying, but they’d be sued for doing so.

Who exactly is buying them?

Apple users, I’d guess.

Lets see some numbers and not just FUD that you typically spew out.

That’s funny. 1. where have I ever said anything that was FUD? 2. If you’re too lazy to look at Apple’s own numbers, that’s your problem. 3. I guess that button on the Apple Store that says “Buy Now” doesn’t let you buy now or something.

Now lets see the rest of the lineup gets some TLC...

So where are your design proposals?

post #47 of 91
Quote:

Now lets see the rest of the lineup gets some TLC...not some 2yr old Mac mini with some lame specs. 

I ALREADY explained to you the difference between the Mid-2011 iMac and the present Late-2013 iMac.  System Bus is 2x, faster memory, better processor, improved Bluetooth, vastly improved Fusion Drive options, Thunderbolt, etc.

It's essentially a TOTALLY DIFFERENT machine!  Heck, I have a Late-2012 and it's a completely different machine.

Oh, I forgot: To you it's all about getting rid of the chin.  That's right, how could I have forgotten.  It's not like that serves some kind of purpose or anything (or MULTIPLE purposes).

Oh, and by the way, can you please provide your bona fides in the consumer electronics design area?  Because, until I see them and have them verified, I'm sticking with SIR Jony Ive, who, you know, was elevated to Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE) due to his amazing work.

I'm guessing you know better, though.  Of course, how could I possibly think different?

​As to the Mini, yes, it's time it is updated.  But I think there are issues with Intel as much as anything.  Why don't you go bitch at them?

post #48 of 91

Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire…

I certainly don’t disagree with you, but this just flashed through my mind…

“My liege! The Germans are invading!”
“Get me a computer hardware designer!”

post #49 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I certainly don’t disagree with you, but this just flashed through my mind…

“My liege! The Germans are invading!”
“Get me a computer hardware designer!”

LOL :)

ETA: Oh, and BTW, at the moment, AAPL -- even with the iMac chin and all the horrible decisions and everything collapsing -- is up +6.70 right now, and $0.82 away from breaching the $600/share mark.  But yeah, they have NO idea what they are doing according to macxpress.

post #50 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I bought a new MBP, iPad, and iPhone last year…. all at the end of the year, but I don't think too many people do that. I understand if Apple has logistical reasons why it may not be able to do this but from a financial perspective I would bet it would be better for Apple's bottom line if people could get people to want one new product 3x a year rather than 3 new products 1x a year.

I see your point. The thing is, as you say, most people don't do that, and I think it's for a good reason. Let's say, for instance, that most people's needs/wants are met with an iPhone, an iPad and a laptop/desktop computer. That's 3 items that, in terms of a change in technology, probably should be "updated" every 3 years or so, if you want to stay relatively current with "computer capability", no? So, do you change all 3 in 1 year, at great cost and wait 2 years to catch up with the tech?  I think a better idea is to spread your costs over 3 years, and take turns updating devices at one per year. That way you're staying close the "tech race" without getting too much out of date. YMWV, however.

Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
Apple, bigger than Google, ..... bigger than Microsoft,   The universe is unfolding as it should. Thanks, Apple.
post #51 of 91
Quote:

I ALREADY explained to you the difference between the Mid-2011 iMac and the present Late-2013 iMac.  System Bus is 2x, faster memory, better processor, improved Bluetooth, vastly improved Fusion Drive options, Thunderbolt, etc.

It's essentially a TOTALLY DIFFERENT machine!  Heck, I have a Late-2012 and it's a completely different machine.

Oh, I forgot: To you it's all about getting rid of the chin.  That's right, how could I have forgotten.  It's not like that serves some kind of purpose or anything (or MULTIPLE purposes).

Oh, and by the way, can you please provide your bona fides in the consumer electronics design area?  Because, until I see them and have them verified, I'm sticking with SIR Jony Ive, who, you know, was elevated to Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire (KBE
) due to his amazing work.

I'm guessing you know better, though.  Of course, how could I possibly think different?

​As to the Mini, yes, it's time it is updated.  But I think there are issues with Intel as much as anything.  Why don't you go bitch at them?

It has a "chin" so it doesn't matter how much has changed or the amazing and unheard of innovation and advancements Apple has poured into that machine it's still no different from the G5 iMac from 2004¡

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #52 of 91

and $0.82 away from breaching the $600/share mark.

But here’s the thing: it won’t get there! It’ll piddle around just below $600 for absolutely no reason for another week or so. When it does get there, it’ll immediately fall off back to $580 again… 

Not that I’d complain about that. I want to get some before the split.

post #53 of 91

Well, Apple could just do what Samsung does, and call every incremental update a totally different new model.

Like, Samsung just mildly tweaked the Galaxy S4 and rebranded it as the S5.

Maybe if Apple kept renaming the iMac, the new iMac S5, that would make everybody here happy.

post #54 of 91
Quote:

It has a "chin" so it doesn't matter how much has changed or the amazing and unheard of innovation and advancements Apple has poured into that machine it's still no different from the G5 iMac from 2004¡

Oh, of course.  How could I have been that silly?  I should have just held onto my 2009 model.  Damn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

But here’s the thing: it won’t get there! It’ll piddle around just below $600 for absolutely no reason for another week or so. When it does get there, it’ll immediately fall off back to $580 again… 

Not that I’d complain about that. I want to get some before the split.

HA!  Yeah, I wish I could get some more before the split.  Unfortunately, the only way to get the money to do that is to ... sell AAPL. :)

post #55 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

I see your point. The thing is, as you say, most people don't do that, and I think it's for a good reason. Let's say, for instance, that most people's needs/wants are met with an iPhone, an iPad and a laptop/desktop computer. That's 3 items that, in terms of a change in technology, probably should be "updated" every 3 years or so, if you want to stay relatively current with "computer capability", no? So, do you change all 3 in 1 year, at great cost and wait 2 years to catch up with the tech?  I think a better idea is to spread your costs over 3 years, and take turns updating devices at one per year. That way you're staying close the "tech race" without getting too much out of date. YMWV, however.

But what about the people that would have bought something twice a year. Between tax returns, birthdays, and holidays — without even considering a society that seems to enjoy having new gadgets — I'd think that twice a year could be more beneficial for Apple assuming all the logistical aspects fall into place.

I really do miss the iPad being around the Spring, the iPhone in the Summer, and new iPods and Macs in the Autumn.

post #56 of 91
Quote:

The iMac still looks the same as it did before the thinness. All they did was make it thinner. I'm not dismissing that this wasn't easy, I'm just saying the overall design is the same from the front. It could use a facelift with something new. 

I think the current iMac design, even at 3+ yr old, is still fantastic.  

Elegant and distinctive.

It's not broken, please don't fix it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

If it ain't broke .... don't fix it!  ;)

Haha, you beat me to the punch!

post #57 of 91
Quote:

The iMac still looks the same as it did before the thinness. All they did was make it thinner. I'm not dismissing that this wasn't easy, I'm just saying the overall design is the same from the front. It could use a facelift with something new. ...........

.......The Mac mini currently is shameful for what you get for the price. 

One:  Show me a "non Apple" computer that exceeds the design of the latest iMac, and don't forget that a lot of the "other guys" are "following" the all in one design that Apple does.

Two:  Is there any other entry level desktop that offers what the mac mini does, especially when you consider free iMovie, iPhoto, Garageband, Pages, Numbers, Keynote and Mavericks OS,  ....all of which are updated for free, plus another dozen or so, that I can remember, anyway.

post #58 of 91
Doomed!
post #59 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by markbyrn View Post

Doomed!

Correct. :)

post #60 of 91
Quote:

But what about the people that would have bought something twice a year. Between tax returns, birthdays, and holidays — without even considering a society that seems to enjoy having new gadgets — I'd think that twice a year could be more beneficial for Apple assuming all the logistical aspects fall into place.

I really do miss the iPad being around the Spring, the iPhone in the Summer, and new iPods and Macs in the Autumn.

You know, there will always be "somebody" who "falls between the cracks". As you know, Apple have never been the type of company that tries to "please everyone, all the time." What they are very good at is reading the marketplace and the current state of technology and marrying the two together. The other thought that occurred to me is this. I think when a lot of the people here say Apple should "update" more frequently..... what they likely mean is that there should be more "big announcements" like the upcoming WWDC ... that we all love so much. Let's face it 'tho, if they had a WWDC type of gathering 3 or 4 times a year ....they would soon grow stale, not to mention that not a lot of "under the hood" stuff deserves it's own gathering.  I kind of like it just the way it is. That's just me 'tho.

post #61 of 91
Quote:

You know, there will always be "somebody" who "falls between the cracks". As you know, Apple have never been the type of company that tries to "please everyone, all the time." What they are very good at is reading the marketplace and the current state of technology and marrying the two together. The other thought that occurred to me is this. I think when a lot of the people here say Apple should "update" more frequently..... what they likely mean is that there should be more "big announcements" like the upcoming WWDC ... that we all love so much. Let's face it 'tho, if they had a WWDC type of gathering 3 or 4 times a year ....they would soon grow stale, not to mention that not a lot of "under the hood" stuff deserves it's own gathering.  I kind of like it just the way it is. That's just me 'tho.

1) Apple's goal is to maximize profits which I believe could be better achieved by spacing out major category updates, not about trying to please everyone even though getting a customer to buy more of your products is likely to please them.

2) Apple used to have more events in the Steve era. I miss the January event but I understand it's a bit cramped for time as Apple does shut down at the end of December but I would still like to see something between the Autumn event and WWDC in the Summer. They even used to have another event in the Spring to detail iOS and previously to release the iPad back when the iPhone was released in the Summer. To me, the events seem more cramped and rushed so a 1 to 1.5 hour event a couple more times a year would be a treat, not something I'd get bored with. We're talking 3 to 5 month intervals here, not every month.

post #62 of 91
Quote:

1) Apple's goal is to maximize profits which I believe could be better achieved by spacing out major category updates, not about trying to please everyone even though getting a customer to buy more of your products is likely to please them.

2) Apple used to have more events in the Steve era. I miss the January event but I understand it's a bit cramped for time as Apple does shut down at the end of December but I would still like to see something between the Autumn event and WWDC in the Summer. They even used to have another event in the Spring to detail iOS and previously to release the iPad back when the iPhone was released in the Summer. To me, the events seem more cramped and rushed so a 1 to 1.5 hour event a couple more times a year would be a treat, not something I'd get bored with. We're talking 3 to 5 month intervals here, not every month.

I'd say some of this may have to do with evolutionary constraints with their products. They were building out four new platforms during the Steve years: Pods, Phones, Pads and AIO Macs.

Now all those platforms have matured and complexified, and the changes are now to be found only near the very bleeding edges of each platform's technologies. The result is no more rapid fireworks for a while, only painful refinements. When there's a new form factor, things will change.
post #63 of 91
Quote:

There was no personal attack son...Its not my fault you took it that way. 

Well this is Apple...maybe if they didn't focus 100% on the iPhone and actually paid attention to the Mac every once in a while they'd some up with something different rather than something that looks like it did back in 2007. Its still a gray chin with a glass black border design. 

Maybe an all glass front, and nix the chin, leaving an all glass front? 

The damn chin is structural, and it also carries heat up into the aluminum back, which is one giant heat sink and exchanger with the outside air.

Get real.
post #64 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

The damn chin is structural, and it also carries heat up into the aluminum back, which is one giant heat sink and exchanger with the outside air.

Get real.

It also supports the glass and I think the Apple logo on the front houses the IR sensor behind it.

post #65 of 91
Not surprised sales falling. I haven't felt the need to step into a store for months. Nothing new to look at and the stores are usually too crowded and cramped.
post #66 of 91
Quote:

Apple's goal (or focus, if you will) as it's been stated many times from Steve to Tim and a lot of others as well, is to produce the very best products, services and user experience that it's capable of. The fact that this philosophy also produces record profits should not take away from it's goal ....and, thanks to Tim and others strength of character ... it doesn't. That strong, unwavering purpose takes into consideration a lot of pieces of the puzzle.. I understand that the making of profit drives the thinking of most companies these days.....but Apple is not one of them.

I do agree with you that the more recent events have been more"cramped and rushed" and that takes away from any event ... but with all that is going on, i.e. lawsuits, trying to protect it's IP, trying to distance itself from Sammy by becoming even more vertically integrated, buying/developing new tech, etc. etc. .... it's a huge problem to keep control of a fast growing company in a fast growing industry and planning and carrying out a WWDC type of event take a tremendous amount of time. Maybe Tim and others have to read "The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs" to get a better idea on how to "do" a presentation. That's a book I wish had been around when I used to do a fair amount of presentations. A good read, if you're into keynote type of presentations.

Edited by newbee - 5/5/14 at 3:14pm
post #67 of 91
Quote:

Apple's goal (or focus, if you will) as it's been stated many times from Steve to Tim and a lot of others as well, is to produce the very best products, services and user experience that it's capable of. The fact that this philosophy also produces record profits should not take away from it's goal ....and, thanks to Tim and others strength of character ... it doesn't. That strong, unwavering purpose takes into consideration a lot of tangibles. I understand that the making of profit drives the thinking of most companies these days.....but Apple is not one of them.

This might just be semantics or a PoV difference but I do agree that Apple is trying to produce the best possible products but I think their philosophy is that the best possible product within a price range is how they can feel they can best generate long term profits.
Edited by SolipsismX - 5/5/14 at 1:53pm

post #68 of 91
Quote:

There is also the fact that most 'new' devices are updates rather than 'one more thing' type events. And these days with all the leaks it seems people are disappointed no matter what. Imagine an Apple event such as an iPod event way back, that only announced an updated iPad and IOS. Shock, Horror! Apple would be declared dead in a second. Because this is Apple people expect block buster events. It must be hard for Apple to always have to follow its own act ;). A victim of its own success. But I agree, more events and distributed releases makes sense in terms marketing (staying in the news) as well as keeping the customers coming. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple changes release strategy. I'd like to see the events followed by in store lectures / demos by Apple experts. Broadcast the events as per usual but also make them into store events where we can get a more in-depth look at new announcements.

post #69 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by etslee View Post

Not surprised sales falling. I haven't felt the need to step into a store for months. Nothing new to look at and the stores are usually too crowded and cramped.

I find that because I know most Apple products quite well I need to spend very little time in the Apple store. Even when new product is announced I need very little time to try it. I need to see and feel it but generally speaking I already know if I am am going to buy it or not. If I do its an in and out proposition.

And that is the point of the Apple store - it is great for Apple aficionados but it is really aimed at the uninitiated. 

post #70 of 91
Quote:

Apple's goal (or focus, if you will) as it's been stated many times from Steve to Tim and a lot of others as well, is to produce the very best products, services and user experience that it's capable of. The fact that this philosophy also produces record profits should not take away from it's goal ....and, thanks to Tim and others strength of character ... it doesn't. That strong, unwavering purpose takes into consideration a lot of tangibles. I understand that the making of profit drives the thinking of most companies these days.....but Apple is not one of them.

I do agree with you that the more recent events have been more"cramped and rushed" and that takes away from any event ... but with all that is going on, i.e. lawsuits, trying to protect it's IP, trying to distance itself from Sammy by becoming even more vertically integrated, buying/developing new tech, etc. etc. .... it's a huge problem to keep control of a fast growing company in a fast growing industry and planning and carrying out a WWDC type of event take a tremendous amount of time. Maybe Tim and others have to read "The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs" to get a better idea on how to "do" a presentation. That's a book I wish had been around when I used to do a fair amount of presentations. A good read, if you're into keynote type of presentations.

Several releases spread throughout the year also helps with impulse buying. If everything is released around the same timeframe many will pick what they need the most and then wait. They wait six or eight month then they won't buy until the next model year because they want the newest hardware. 

Also the iPad and iPhone have become so advanced many don't need to update every year if there isn't a major design change. I have the iPad Air there really isn't anything Apple can do this year that would make me feel like I was missing out on something. Even with a TouchID. I have a 2012 MBA a small speed bump certainly wasn't going to make me update, and IPS Retina would of course. 

Another factor bringing us back to Mac sales is there have been so many that have moved from Windows over to Macs and those adopters are use to keeping their system for 3-5 years, well if they held up that long. Their systems work and they work well that's all they care about and honestly that is great it will keep them as Apple users. 

I also agree we have taken for granted all the great software Apple gave us for free this year and how well it works. Buying a new MBA and iPad Air it was nice to get al that extra software, kind of like a thanks for buying our products. 

My only concern the new iPhone. I have the 5s will I really want a larger phone. Not sure on that one yet. 

Most importantly redheaded stepchild. Red hair being less common if a child with red hair we born to parents without red hair then it was assumed to be a child from an affair, so wasn't the child that was favored. Depending where someone lives in the US that definition can change, however that is the most common in the South. 

post #71 of 91

I have a feeling we'll start seeing a more bi-annual release cycle (or at least announcement cycle) by 2017; I don't think those lovely, spring-blooming cherry trees lining the path to the auditorium at the new headquarters are intended to be solely for the employees' benefit.

I think it'd work well for Apple to have a pro-focused event in the spring, while maintaining their consumer-focused event(s) in the fall. This would be helpful not just to maximize profit, but also to maximize mindshare, so that there's less opportunity between announcements to dominate the media with anti-Apple FUD. Also, spring is a good time for spending that tax refund and giving graduation presents.

post #72 of 91
Quote:

That sounds a little neat to me. My current run rate is: iPhone every two years, iPad every three, iMac every seven.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #73 of 91
Quote:

I miss Apple listing every single feature of OS X and iOS.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #74 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post
 ..... Haha, you beat me to the punch!

Wow!  My hearts all a flutter. That's the first time I've beat anyone ....  at anything. Thanks for that.  :)

post #75 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

That sounds a little neat to me. My current run rate is: iPhone every two years, iPad every three, iMac every seven.

I have to tell you that it's "a little neat" for me too. The fact that I've been retired (in other words, unemployed) for 7 years now will help explain that I just (in the last month) purchased an "experienced" Mac capable of running Mavericks. Now, if I could only pry it from my wife's hands I'd be ecstatic. My computer is a 2006  (32bit)  24" iMac, that still runs fine but SL is as high as I can upgrade. An iPad 2 exists somewhere in our household .... I know, because I see the "little women" on it ....often. 

So, while you and I are different than my example ... I was just trying to refer to Soli's idea that  "it would be better for Apple's bottom line if people could get people to want one new product 3x a year rather than 3 new products 1x a year."

This discussion is interesting 'tho as it adds some colour to how often the average Apple fan might refresh their gear. 

post #76 of 91
Quote:

I have to tell you that it's "a little neat" for me too. The fact that I've been retired (in other words, unemployed) for 7 years now will help explain that I just (in the last month) purchased an "experienced" Mac capable of running Mavericks. Now, if I could only pry it from my wife's hands I'd be ecstatic. My computer is a 2006  (32bit)  24" iMac, that still runs fine but SL is as high as I can upgrade. An iPad 2 exists somewhere in our household .... I know, because I see the "little women" on it ....often. 

So, while you and I are different than my example ... I was just trying to refer to Soli's idea that  "it would be better for Apple's bottom line if people could get people to want one new product 3x a year rather than 3 new products 1x a year."

This discussion is interesting 'tho as it adds some colour to how often the average Apple fan might refresh their gear. 

I'm certainly atypical as I tend to replace my iPhone every year and my Mac every 2 (someones 3 and sometimes 1) years, but my iPad will probably not be updated for several years since I don't use it much and I'm still using the 2nd(?) 1GB Pod Shuffle from 2006 (which I use in a waterproof casing with underwater headphones for swimming).

post #77 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

Most importantly redheaded stepchild. Red hair being less common if a child with red hair we born to parents without red hair then it was assumed to be a child from an affair, so wasn't the child that was favored. Depending where someone lives in the US that definition can change, however that is the most common in the South. 

In my case, 2 of our 3 children have red hair .... very, very red hair. My wife had red hair as a young girl but over the years it has grown to a light brown. The two redheads "wear their hearts on their sleeves". Their passion knows no bounds .... positive or negative. My eldest and myself are night and day different. We do a slow burn when ticked off ...... and tend to forget and forgive  s l o w l y.  The other two and my wife are like fireworks .... they take off, rising quickly and exploding in a brilliant display of energy spent.....then come crashing down to earth ......leaving nearby spectators (me) wondering what the hell just happened.

So I think the "red headed stepchild" origins comes from many generations of families with redheads, like mine, with the non reds "walking on eggshells' trying not to "wake the sleeping giant", all the while wondering ....did that really come from my loins ???   We never lack for excitement 'tho ..... so there's that.     :lol:

post #78 of 91
Quote:

In my case, 2 of our 3 children have red hair .... very, very red hair. My wife had red hair as a young girl but over the years it has grown to a light brown. The two redheads "wear their hearts on their sleeves". Their passion knows no bounds .... positive or negative. My eldest and myself are night and day different. We do a slow burn when ticked off ...... and tend to forget and forgive  s l o w l y.  The other two and my wife are like fireworks .... they take off, rising quickly and exploding in a brilliant display of energy spent.....then come crashing down to earth ......leaving nearby spectators (me) wondering what the hell just happened.

So I think the "red headed stepchild" origins comes from many generations of families with redheads, like mine, with the non reds "walking on eggshells' trying not to "wake the sleeping giant", all the while wondering ....did that really come from my loins ???   We never lack for excitement 'tho ..... so there's that.     lol.gif

Apart from the redheadedness, you sound like me and my wife.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #79 of 91
When the iPhone 6 comes out in a larger size the dam will burst as Apple is flooded with love
post #80 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogJack View Post

When the iPhone 6 comes out in a larger size the dam will burst as Apple is flooded with love

I don't see that happening. The same people will continue to find things to complain about. The current* Apple will never good enough.

* I say current because the same people that bitched about Steve Jobs now complain about Tim Cook and praise Jobs and Apple of the past.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple retail store sales decline as consumers wait for new products