or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple stock breaks $600 threshold as investors embrace capital reinvestment

Apple stock breaks $600 threshold as investors embrace capital reinvestment - Page 2

post #41 of 61
Started buying AAPL at $74/share pre-iPhone. Glad to see it's value heading back where it should! Long on AAPL!
post #42 of 61
Apple, not the markets, is buying the shares. In a Ponzi scheme you can't get out more than you put in. So how the hell is this possible? Oh because Apple dips into its bank account and pays you what the markets can't reconcile. A freaking Ponzi scheme.
The question is always there. When shares go up, who is responsible for paying you that increase.

Some of you are scholars in this corrupt, economic zeitgeis.
SMH.
post #43 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

What share holder wouldn't? Montgomery Brewster? 1biggrin.gif

Thanks for the laugh. I wonder how many people even caught that reference.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

You folks have really gotten drunk off the Kool aid. Apple, not the markets, is buying the shares. In a Ponzi scheme you can't get out more than you put in. So how the hell is this possible? Oh because Apple dips into its bank account and pays you what the markets can't reconcile. A freaking Ponzi scheme.
The question is always there. When shares go up, who is responsible for paying you that increase.

Some of you are scholars in this corrupt, economic zeitgeis.
SMH.

You are just jealous you believed the FUD and did  not buy Apple at $380-$500.

Next time use your own brain.

Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
Apple Purchases last 12 months - iPhone 5S (two), iPhone 6, iPhone 6+ (two), iPadAir, iPadAir2, iPadMini2, AppleTV (two), MacMini, Airport Extreme, iPod Classic.
post #45 of 61

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

Paging Constipated Odo

post #46 of 61
It's below $600 now.
post #47 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by WardC View Post

Really wishing I had bought about 1000 shares in 1997 when the stock was around $13.00. Now I'd be rich!

Well, I do own 5 shares at the moment. Bought them around $327

That would have been 28,000 shares x 85.88 = 2,404,640 dollars Doh....(note there have been 3 stock splits in that time (2)-2 for 1's, and the impending 7 for 1.)

post #48 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo
Paging Constipated Odo

He has changed his tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danox View Post

That would have been 28,000 shares x 85.88 = 2,404,640 dollars Doh....(note there have been 3 stock splits in that time (2)-2 for 1's, and the impending 7 for 1.)

Is $2.4 million USD considered rich in this day and age?

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #49 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall View Post

It's below $600 now.

It's pointless to follow intraday trading unless one is a day trader. If you're a long, sit back and relax.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #50 of 61
Quote:

He has changed his tune.
Is $2.4 million USD considered rich in this day and age?

Yes and no after taxes 15% capital gains = 2,040,000 million at 2% interest = a take home income of 40,800 per year or 3,400 per month can you live off of that if your house and car are payed for? Or 28,000 shares dividend 1.88 = 52,640 per year (before tax) it is rich if your free time is valuable to you (ie...no boss).

Edited by Danox - 5/6/14 at 8:52am
post #51 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Keep going AAPL. Become the trillion company within 12 months ....

If that happens, I win my bet with TS.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #52 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Before I bought the stock late 2012 I wasn't really an Apple fan.  But after buying the stock and doing 'research' at Apple stores I began seeing the advantages of iOS and a closed system.  Since then I bought 2 iPads, 2 Apple TVs, MacMini, and 2 iPhone 5S.

If I do cash out on some of my shares I'll probably get an iWatch and MacBookAir. 

All well and good, but bear in mind that the iWatch is currently priceless.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #53 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Hmmm. What would Constipation Odo say?

Good news. Still not selling some shares until after the split. I spent 6500 for 100 shares back in 2005, pre split. I'm playing with house money now 1smile.gif

Constipated Odour? I can't imagine who you're talking about... 😄
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #54 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphMouth View Post

Two years ago, I bought about 40 shares total at $535, $585, and $615. Glad I didn't sell when it dropped below $500. Now I just need to figure out the right time to sell.

When you retire; otherwise, hold.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #55 of 61
Quote:

For Apple to be a $1.2 trillion dollar company? I couldn't even fathom a guess.

Sure you could. You're just too chicken.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #56 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowitall View Post

It's below $600 now.

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. Apple is doomed. Now excuse me whilst I go and mate with my fellow fruit-fly.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #57 of 61
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post
You're just too chicken.

Aha! Now we know why analysts say random nonsense backed by nothing: Someone dared them and they have a Marty McFly complex.

post #58 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Aha! Now we know why analysts say random nonsense backed by nothing: Someone dared them and they have a Marty McFly complex.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #59 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

Well my post got yanked.  That was a first.

All I pointed out was that the headline is editorializing.

Do not delete if you want my unsolicited opinions free of charge lol.

Maybe it didn't go through, there are no deleted comments in the thread.
post #60 of 61
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Maybe it didn't go through, there are no deleted comments in the thread.

The first thing that comes to my mind is, “He posted from the main website.”

post #61 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

When you retire; otherwise, hold.

Yup can't recall how many people ditched Apple stock only to later regret it. 

I think Bill Gates is the best example. I think he mentioned that was one of the biggest mistakes Microsoft ever made getting rid of their Apple stock which would've been worth many many millions today!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple stock breaks $600 threshold as investors embrace capital reinvestment