or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung reveals design inspiration for Galaxy S5

Samsung reveals design inspiration for Galaxy S5 - Page 3

post #81 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

I call BS...

I don't think you enjoy the Credibility Reserve to make this charge convincingly.
post #82 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

This look like a iPhone?

Yep, especially that camera icon in the bottom right corner.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #83 of 93
Seems Samsung uses marketing-driven design, rather than user-driven design.
post #84 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ijoyner View Post

Seems Samsung uses marketing-driven design, rather than user-driven design.

No no no... it's Apple-driven design.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #85 of 93

Look, look, my 5s has the beautiful brilliance of a diamond 1wink.gif
post #86 of 93
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
No no no... it's Apple-driven design.

Driven off a cliff.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #87 of 93

"If you look at the abstractive pattern, you cannot help to think that it resembles something... Diamond," Samsung reminded its audience. "That is because the designers were actually inspired by diamonds. The 'brilliant' or diamond cut design is a design in which diamonds are cut in a distinct form with many facets, having exceptional brilliance. That's why you can see diamond cuts on the main lock screen, which adds a sense of sophistication to the Galaxy S5 to make it fashionable and unique."

LOL SAMSUNG...

post #88 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

This link provided by ClemyNX is actually pretty funny!

Everybody check it out!

I tried, but just get an white page with their logo and:

"There are no posts yet."

Do I need Flash installed?

Also get zilch on my iPhone & iPad...
post #89 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I tried, but just get an white page with their logo and: "There are no posts yet."

That's the joke!

This blog is dedicated to showcase all the innovative and original designs by Samsung.

There are no posts yet.

Here's a screenshot for everybody else:

post #90 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

^ post

Suffering from somnolence here; that was a good wake-up call!
post #91 of 93

...Samsung notes. "In result, many users have been raving...[mad]

Too right.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #92 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Powell View Post

Every major company copies

You're right to an extent. However - it may sound lame to say - but I really think there's a difference between "inspired by" and "ripped off from".

For example, when Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone 4, he compared it to a Leica camera. This is one of those comparisons that is really valid and earnest, I think, because he isn't saying "we copied the Leica camera" - he's saying that there are some similar design and aesthetic principles that the two products share, because they both share similar philosophical approaches.

I think that's very different than simply taking a design and blatantly duplicating it but changing the logo. Samsung and many others are absolutely guilty of this. There is a broad sense in which Apple's industrial design has (fairly) influenced an entire industry...and that inspiration is OK. But the outright copying we often see is a different beast, I'd say.

post #93 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsoc View Post

You're right to an extent. However - it may sound lame to say - but I really think there's a difference between "inspired by" and "ripped off from".

For example, when Steve Jobs unveiled the iPhone 4, he compared it to a Leica camera. This is one of those comparisons that is really valid and earnest, I think, because he isn't saying "we copied the Leica camera" - he's saying that there are some similar design and aesthetic principles that the two products share, because they both share similar philosophical approaches.

I think that's very different than simply taking a design and blatantly duplicating it but changing the logo. Samsung and many others are absolutely guilty of this. There is a broad sense in which Apple's industrial design has (fairly) influenced an entire industry...and that inspiration is OK. But the outright copying we often see is a different beast, I'd say.

Yes.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Samsung reveals design inspiration for Galaxy S5