or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Supply chain sales data suggests Apple had strong month of April

Supply chain sales data suggests Apple had strong month of April

post #1 of 27
Apple suppliers had a particularly strong month of April, suggesting that shipments to the iPhone maker may have been stronger than their traditional seasonal average as the company ramps up for new product introductions, new data shows.

Responsibility Report

Analyst Brian White of Cantor Fitzgerald keeps tabs on Apple's supply chain with his monthly "Apple Barometer." With preliminary April sales for 97% of tracked Apple suppliers now reported, White found that sales were up 7 percent month over month, he said in a note to investors Wednesday obtained by AppleInsider.

Over the last 9 years, Apple suppliers have seen their sales fall 1 percent month over month in April. White said his data shows this year may have been close to a record for suppliers' month-to-month growth in April.

White's Apple Barometer correctly signaled in early April that Apple's March quarter results could be stronger than Wall Street expected. Apple did in fact come in ahead of market forecasts for the quarter, helping to propel a recent surge in its share price.

As for the full June quarter, it's taken on a much less important role for Apple in recent years. White's Apple Barometer shows that over the last 9 years, the June quarter has represented a 10 percent quarter-over-quarter increase, but singling out the last two years shows that sales dropped 9 percent sequentially.

That's because beginning with the iPhone 4S in 2011, Apple shifted from a June-July launch timeframe for its latest handset to a fall debut. Compounding the issue is the fact that Apple no longer launches new iPads in the March-April period, opting instead to wait until the fall.

Audit
Worker prepares iPhone for final assembly. | Source: Apple Supplier Responsibility Report

As such, while the June quarter used to be a major part of Apple's fiscal year, the summer periods are now something of a dry spell for the company.

White, like many others, expects things will ramp up in the second half of 2014, when he expects a new "iPhone 6" and revamped iPads, fitting with Apple's most recent seasonal schedule. He also believes that the company will launch a so-called "iWatch" later this year.

"With Apple's March quarter results out of the way a couple of weeks ago, and WWDC on the horizon in June, we believe more investors will be getting more actively involved with the name ahead of this product cycle, during what we have dubbed as the 'Year of Innovation,'" White said.

The Cantor Fitzgerald analyst remains one of the most bullish Apple-watchers, maintaining a price target of $777 for AAPL stock.
post #2 of 27

Preempting the people who will claim she’s holding a 13” iPad.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

post #3 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Either she's a big lady or I'd say 15". 1biggrin.gif
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
post #4 of 27
Quote:

If that's a regular iPad then she has to be a proportionate 4 feet (scratch that... 3 feet) tall. lol

Edited by island hermit - 5/7/14 at 8:36am
na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #5 of 27
If it's an iPad at all -- The logo is in landscape mode 1confused.gif

I have very small hands (trouble grasping a football) -- but I can easily touch the current iPad logo in landscape.

And I don't see any buttons/ports/SIM Tray ...

What's that between the fingers of her right hand???
Edited by Dick Applebaum - 5/7/14 at 8:37am
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
post #6 of 27
Quote:

That's how I'd dress to use a Windows tablet.  Don't want any viruses getting on me.

I have enough money to last the rest of my life. Unless I buy something. - Jackie Mason
I have enough money to last the rest of my life. Unless I buy something. - Jackie Mason
post #7 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

It's either a circuit checker or a lollipop. Not sure.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #8 of 27
Quote:

Fine it's the iPhone 6++
post #9 of 27

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Quote:

It's either a circuit checker or a lollipop. Not sure.

Or, possibly, a stylus?
- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #11 of 27
Quote:

I have very small hands (trouble grasping a football) -- but I can easily touch the current iPad logo in landscape.

She's holding a Scamsung transmitter of course.
post #12 of 27
Quote:

Or, possibly, a stylus?

NO, Dick, NO.... take that back! Say it isn't so!

lol

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #13 of 27
Quote:

Quote:

Or, possibly, a stylus?

NO, Dick, NO.... take that back! Say it isn't so!

lol

From the angle it's being held, I can't easily thee if it has the aspect ratio of an iPad or a MacBook screen.

I would like to see a larger iPad with optional pressure sensitive stylus input -- drawing, drafting, CAD, graphic arts, sound and Video editing, etc. Also support direct Thunderbolt or USB 3 connect to a Mac.

We have a 64-bit APU, possible Ray-Tracing GPU -- add a bunch of RAM, SSD -- what's not to like?
- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #14 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

She's holding a Scamsung transmitter of course.

"Apple base to Commander Kwon." "Over."

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #15 of 27
Didn't Tim warn the analysts not to rely on those one of data too much?
post #16 of 27
Quote:

From the angle it's being held, I can't easily thee if it has the aspect ratio of an iPad or a MacBook screen.

I would like to see a larger iPad with optional pressure sensitive stylus input -- drawing, drafting, CAD, graphic arts, sound and Video editing, etc. Also support direct Thunderbolt or USB 3 connect to a Mac.

We have a 64-bit APU, possible Ray-Tracing GPU -- add a bunch of RAM, SSD -- what's not to like?

Wacom would just fold up its tent.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #17 of 27
Quote:

Or, possibly, a stylus?

You just officially became nobody, because nobody wants a stylus. lol.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #18 of 27
Quote:

"Apple base to Commander Kwon." "Over."

"Download complete, return to base. Kwon out, "
post #19 of 27
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Looks like a 15" MBP screen and since she's inspecting it's probably a white wax pencil to circle imperfections.

If it was an iPad wouldn't the logo be black?

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

Why does Apple bashing and trolling make people feel so good?

post #20 of 27
The new iPad Pro. That is what she must be holding. Apple changed the logo orientation. And given the size, this must be a very light iPad. And/or it's Apple's response to the Surface.
post #21 of 27
Quote:

Or somebody used a wide angle lens. Even so the proportions are not right. Maybe it is a beheaded laptop screen.
post #22 of 27
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

Looks like a 15" MBP screen and since she's inspecting it's probably a white wax pencil to circle imperfections.

I have a 17" AluBook and about the same size (slightly larger) hands -- everything seems to match (within reason) -- display: height, width, thickness, size relative to hands, logo ...
- Michael Lille -
- Michael Lille -
post #23 of 27
Quote:

Or, possibly, a stylus?

Who needs a Stylus - words by GENIUS.

post #24 of 27
That's a laptop LCD panel top.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

That's a laptop LCD panel top.

That was previously established in a thread that featured the same photo. Everyone is being facetious.
post #26 of 27
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

And vertical, and smaller, and…

post #27 of 27

I think she is holding a dry erase marker, and the product is the Apple 14" Dry Erase Board.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Supply chain sales data suggests Apple had strong month of April