or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Pictures of your computer setups for 2002
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of your computer setups for 2002 - Page 18

post #681 of 725
<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/ssfreitas/PhotoAlbum26.html" target="_blank">http://homepage.mac.com/ssfreitas/PhotoAlbum26.html</A>

[ 11-19-2002: Message edited by: Steve ]

[ 11-19-2002: Message edited by: Steve ]</p>
post #682 of 725
PREPARE URSELVS MURBOT IZ GOIN 2 POST HIS NEW MAC OMG!!!111111111
post #683 of 725
The room is still a work in progress (rather plain without any shelves or posters/pictures yet), but here's the new rig:


<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/murbot/.Pictures/Setups/dual.jpg" target="_blank"></a>

I still can't believe how FAST this thing is. Of course I'm coming off of an eMac/iBook diet, so the duals are like heaven to me. It's GREAT. Finally may have a computer that I'll keep for a while. I just can't see myself taking a step backwards.

Spent WAY too much money today. Dual 1GHz, an extra 512 MB of RAM, and a 20 GB iPod. Got a really sweet price on everything, and there's the display rebate... but still.

Just have to drop this 32x CD-RW here into the second bay and I'm laughing!! Woo hoo!

post #684 of 725
Does that legal document over on the left side say "Murbot"? Just wondering...
post #685 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by murbot:
<strong>


<a href="http://homepage.mac.com/murbot/.Pictures/Setups/dual.jpg" target="_blank"></a>
</strong><hr></blockquote>

This setup will last for 2 months MAX or you will get your underwear back

Hm....the app running on the screen looks pretty familiar......An app start with a letter 'C'

[ 11-20-2002: Message edited by: Leonis ]</p>
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
post #686 of 725


Powerbook 667 DVI model I just got yesterday for a sweet price!
<a href="http://www.toolband.com" target="_blank">www.toolband.com</a>
Reply
<a href="http://www.toolband.com" target="_blank">www.toolband.com</a>
Reply
post #687 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by TOOL:
<strong>

Powerbook 667 DVI model I just got yesterday for a sweet price!</strong><hr></blockquote>


How much? From where?
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
post #688 of 725
Allright then, I'll be posting my setup shortly. Get ready for some genuine Kopfotos. Haha. Well, if anybody cares, they're coming.
post #689 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by Leonis:
How much? From where?<hr></blockquote>


$1700..from a friend. It's 2 months old.
<a href="http://www.toolband.com" target="_blank">www.toolband.com</a>
Reply
<a href="http://www.toolband.com" target="_blank">www.toolband.com</a>
Reply
post #690 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by TOOL:
<strong>


$1700..from a friend. It's 2 months old.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mine is 2 months old. I'm thinking of putting it up on Ebay for... $2200 Just to see who bites.
post #691 of 725
Well here is my little part of the world.
Note the Googlie Eyes on the Flat Screen.
post #692 of 725
Nice setup, Flick. Hot women on the displays, and a bottle of hand lotion within reach. Where's the paper towel?

post #693 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by murbot:
<strong>Nice setup, Flick. Hot women on the displays, and a bottle of hand lotion within reach. Where's the paper towel?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's just below the empty coke bottle, and used at that. <img src="graemlins/surprised.gif" border="0" alt="[Surprised]" />

BUSTED MISTER!

[ 11-21-2002: Message edited by: RodUK ]</p>
post #694 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by murbot:
<strong>Nice setup, Flick. Hot women on the displays, and a bottle of hand lotion within reach. Where's the paper towel?

</strong><hr></blockquote>

<img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
post #695 of 725
You know whats really funny I showed My friend this and he said the exact same thing. I lose
post #696 of 725
any more pics?
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
post #697 of 725
Only one more month until we have to get a new thread.
post #698 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by Steve:
<strong>Only one more month until we have to get a new thread.</strong><hr></blockquote>

or change the name of this one
post #699 of 725
I'll have some new pics by the end of the week, no new Mac or anything but I'm getting a new computer desk. Also, those pics will include my iPod and JBL Creature speakers.
post #700 of 725
AI's Christmas present will be getting to see Tiger's new setup.
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
Reply
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
Reply
post #701 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:
<strong>AI's Christmas present will be getting to see Tiger's new setup. </strong><hr></blockquote>

So does that mean we can see your setup pic in...........2005???

<img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Reply
post #702 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:
<strong>AI's Christmas present will be getting to see Tiger's new setup. </strong><hr></blockquote>

<img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" /> i can't wait.
post #703 of 725
Since everyone else is doing it...here's mine:



and here's a closeup:



Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Reply
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Reply
post #704 of 725
soon to become a mac aquarium? how do you mean?
I'm perfectly humble and neither are you.
-Dogwood
Reply
I'm perfectly humble and neither are you.
-Dogwood
Reply
post #705 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by murbot:
<strong>The room is still a work in progress (rather plain without any shelves or posters/pictures yet)...</strong><hr></blockquote>
Don't ever change it. It looks nice. Perfectly balanced colors. The chair is from IKEA, isn't it?
post #706 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by Asaph:
<strong>soon to become a mac aquarium? how do you mean?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'm going to convert my old mac classic into <a href="http://macaquarium.com/macaquarium.htm" target="_blank">one of these</a>.

[ 12-02-2002: Message edited by: Willoughby ]</p>
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Reply
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
Reply
post #707 of 725
Mac Classic's are tha sh*t though. You won't be able to play Stunt Copter!!!!
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
Reply
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
Reply
post #708 of 725
know I clicked onto this thread because I saw that tiger was the last poster and hoped that I would finally ! see his setup...but no... sniff. <img src="graemlins/hmmm.gif" border="0" alt="[Hmmm]" />
post #709 of 725
I am new here, so don't yell at me. I read through the 18 pages last night and I do not understand why everyone wants to see TigerWoods99 computer setup? :eek:
post #710 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by murbot:
<strong><a href="http://homepage.mac.com/murbot/.Pictures/Setups/dual.jpg" target="_blank"></a></strong><hr></blockquote>

Murbot: What is the name of that sound system you have connected to your G4? I so want to buy one of those.
post #711 of 725
they're called <a href="http://harmanmultimedia.com/shop_detail.html?cart=HK2_103895296481790&sku=SS&i d1=1" target="_blank"> SoundSticks</a>.
post #712 of 725
my girlfriend's iBook came in and so did my pismo! Pics woo hooo!
post #713 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by Mac Man 020581:
<strong>

Murbot: What is the name of that sound system you have connected to your G4? I so want to buy one of those.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You don't know what the Sound Sticks look like and you call youserlf a "Mac Man"? Ha!

post #714 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>

You don't know what the Sound Sticks look like and you call youserlf a "Mac Man"? Ha!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok is it me or is every single one of the external links to peoples home pages on .macs site all broken or has everyone been banned by apple?
Im using IE in XP at the mo cos im still waiting for my dual G4 to arrive
post #715 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by CybeRuin:
<strong>

Ok is it me or is every single one of the external links to peoples home pages on .macs site all broken or has everyone been banned by apple?
Im using IE in XP at the mo cos im still waiting for my dual G4 to arrive </strong><hr></blockquote>

which model G4? first mac?
post #716 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>

You don't know what the Sound Sticks look like and you call youserlf a "Mac Man"? Ha!

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Because I have a life and don't spend all day in front of my computer, if I remember you had 7000 posts <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />

[ 12-11-2002: Message edited by: Mac Man 020581 ]</p>
post #717 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by Mac Man 020581:
<strong>I am new here, so don't yell at me. I read through the 18 pages last night and I do not understand why everyone wants to see TigerWoods99 computer setup? :eek: </strong><hr></blockquote>

We don't. He's trying to make us want to.

post #718 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by Mac Man 020581:
<strong>

Because I have a life and don't spend all day in front of my computer, if I remember you had 7000 posts <img src="graemlins/lol.gif" border="0" alt="[Laughing]" />

[ 12-11-2002: Message edited by: Mac Man 020581 ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Well you should find SA and see that I do have a somewhat decent life

post #719 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by CybeRuin:
<strong>

Ok is it me or is every single one of the external links to peoples home pages on .macs site all broken or has everyone been banned by apple?
Im using IE in XP at the mo cos im still waiting for my dual G4 to arrive </strong><hr></blockquote>

Mine's working fine, but I have a feeling a lot of them are people who didn't pay for .mac and that's why.
post #720 of 725
[quote]Originally posted by progmac:
<strong>

which model G4? first mac?</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes this is my first mac. I have gone for the dual 867mhz G4 tower with 512 mem, 60 gig HD and G4 graphs. I normally mess about on linux but since linux can only offer so much i decided on OSX so i can have the best of both worlds as well as superior power. It should be here tomorrow with a bit of luck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Pictures of your computer setups for 2002