or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Will Apple buy Beat Electronics?

Will Apple buy Beat Electronics?

Poll Results: Will Apple buy Beat Electronics?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 30% (8)
    No way they'll spent $3.2B on that useless company!
  • 26% (7)
    They might, for their IP, but that's not worth $3.2B
  • 7% (2)
    They might, for the cool-factor, because Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre are cool guys!
  • 26% (7)
    For that kind of money they could -and should- buy something else; Wolfram Alpha and Imagination Tech. or something [thanks jason98]
  • 23% (6)
    Sure, I buy this rumour
26 Total Votes  
post #1 of 6
After reading heated discussions here and here I thought a poll was in order:

edit: bloody hell, now a 3rd article:
http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/179342/dr-dre-tyrese-share-heineken-fueled-celebration-of-apples-alleged-beats-acquisition
Edited by PhilBoogie - 5/9/14 at 5:56am
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #2 of 6
Where is "none of the above"?
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
post #3 of 6
Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

What would you prefer and I’m sure he’ll add the option.

post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Uhmmm... "None of the above"... just like I stated the first time. Nothing more; nothing less...1tongue.gif
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:

Turns out I could edit the post, but not the poll. I do get the option to delete the poll, and then re-create it but I would expect the current votes to disappear.

But ok, next time I'll add the inevitable 'None of the above' option to it. So far people think they should buy some other company, though with the little amount of voters it's difficult to tell. That, and there now are 3 more articles on the Beats rumour, which I'm now going to read.
post #6 of 6

I don't think it's a buyout... I'd guess the discussions centered more around a marketing idea.  Selling (perhaps "special versions") Beats merchandise in Apple Stores; or perhaps some special deal similar to the Red campaign...  It could be any number of things besides a buyout.

That's my opinion simply because I don't see where the two companies would fit together better than as separate entities.  But of course it's possible that Dr Dre and Mr Timmy have some insight that I lack.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Will Apple buy Beat Electronics?