or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Dr. Dre, Tyrese share Heineken-fueled celebration of Apple's alleged Beats acquisition

Dr. Dre, Tyrese share Heineken-fueled celebration of Apple's alleged Beats acquisition - Page 4

post #121 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Cannibalizing potential iPhone sales?!

No way.
Apple simply doesn't have a play in the low end market. A cell phone that is data plan free would be ideal. Such a product would have zero impact on iPhone sales as iPhone doesn't play in that market.
post #122 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It's not a matter of snobbishness that people cannot generally tell the difference between relatively low and high-quality audio.

My point is they don't care because obsession over high quality audio doesn't matter based upon the way they are using that audio. Music isn't used by most for a technical study of the performance, rather it is a way of relief from the daily grind. This is what people are missing here.

A good example would be a young mother out for a jog with the baby in a stroller. If she is listen to music at all it is only part of what is going on in her life at that very moment. Frankly it is also only part of what she should be hearing at that point.
post #123 of 174
Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

A lot of this (to me) is subliminal racism.

Then there’s something wrong with you.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #124 of 174
Quote:

Again, you conflate "quality" with snobbishness, which is a logic failure.
Nope, you mis the point, it was the audio snobs that attacked Apple and its iTunes offerings when they first came out. The quality of the compressed music was in fact pretty bad if you had high expectations of sound quality. In the end it made zero difference as the consumer either didn't care or didn't notice.
Quote:
If it helps, think of the word "quality" being the same as "aspirational",
I really think you need to look up those two words in a dictionary.
Quote:
which is why Apple won't sell a cheap-ass plastic phone.

Which is nonsense because the first iPhones where plastic.

However if Apple wants to keep the iPhone high end and offer a low end plastic phone,Beats would be a good brand to float the offering on. Right now I'd love to see a data free iPhone that can be easily used on a number of networks. Why? Pretty simple really I'd rather my data plan money go to support my iPad. I can get by fine with WiFi when I need to connect via my iPhone.
post #125 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

it might be a huge brand but there is nothing classy about it. And a lot of people considerate overpriced junk. Why would Apple want to be associated with that?

A lot of people aspire to that "overpriced junk".

The headphones are irrelevant, it's all about the licensing to help grow iTunes.

Wall St wants growth as other markets saturate, plateau and stagnate, Apple will deliver growth via iTunes revenue.

It's already started, iTunes makes more money at a faster growth rate than most of Apple's competitors with their entire businesses.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #126 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Nope, you mis the point, it was the audio snobs that attacked Apple and its iTunes offerings when they first came out. The quality of the compressed music was in fact pretty bad if you had high expectations of sound quality. In the end it made zero difference as the consumer either didn't care or didn't notice.
I really think you need to look up those two words in a dictionary.
Which is nonsense because the first iPhones where plastic.

However if Apple wants to keep the iPhone high end and offer a low end plastic phone,Beats would be a good brand to float the offering on. Right now I'd love to see a data free iPhone that can be easily used on a number of networks. Why? Pretty simple really I'd rather my data plan money go to support my iPad. I can get by fine with WiFi when I need to connect via my iPhone.

We have a failure to communicate here. 

Apple makes aspirational products. They exude quality due to the high-margin components and extreme attention to detail, which also extends to their software integration. That Apple's first iPhone was plastic was not to suggest it was remotely "cheap".

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #127 of 174
Quote:

My point is they don't care because obsession over high quality audio doesn't matter based upon the way they are using that audio. Music isn't used by most for a technical study of the performance, rather it is a way of relief from the daily grind. This is what people are missing here.

A good example would be a young mother out for a jog with the baby in a stroller. If she is listen to music at all it is only part of what is going on in her life at that very moment. Frankly it is also only part of what she should be hearing at that point.

As I was listening to music via headphones from my iPhone I was thinking how far I've come from listening to AM radio via a mono earpiece hooked up to a crystal radio and it was good, way, way better beyond anything I could have imagined back then, access to millions of songs all in my pocket.

Then their was vinyl, crackly fragile crap you'd have to change every 22 minutes then the constant hiss of cassette tapes but at least they didn't skip like portable CD players.

All in all I'm happy with what I've got and like most people will spend a bit of money on that.

post #128 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

some of you middle aged white guys just dont get it do you.

Its not about PERFORMANCE.
Its about STYLE.

Seriously.  Go out some time and do some research.

You think women spend $4000 on a Louis Vutton bag because it PERFORMS better than a Urban Outfitters bag that cost 10x cheaper?

Really? 

Exactly. These old white guys just don't get.

Do you really think these teens and 18-24 year olds buy Beats because they "perform" better? No, they buy it because it's cool and when they watch TV or music videos all the celebrities, athletes and artists are wearing them. Beats is getting kids with little to no disposable income to buy $200-400 headphones just like they buy a $200-250 pair of Air Jordans. It's an accessory and they don't give a crap if a pair of Grados or other reputable brand sound better (I have both Grados and Beats myself). These kids and young adults aren't audiophiles listening to classical music. They listen to hip-hop, r&b, electronic, house, etc. and they want their music loud. You guys don't seem to get that. Everyone I know that's under the age of 21 want (read: don't need) iPhones or Macs because they perform better, that's just icing on the cake. They want iPhones and Macs because they look cool and they view them as accessories just as much as an electronic device. They see celebrities with their iPhones and MacBooks just like they do wearing Beats headphones.

I think the reason for this rumored purchase has more to do with the streaming service from Beats and more importantly Jimmy Iovine himself. What better way to make licensing deals with the record companies than to have a record company executive with many connections and influence on your side.
post #129 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme View Post

Do you really think these teens and 18-24 year olds buy Beats because they "perform" better? No, they buy it because it's cool and when they watch TV or music videos all the celebrities, athletes and artists are wearing them. Beats is getting kids with little to no disposable income to buy $200-400 headphones just like they buy a $200-250 pair of Air Jordans. It's an accessory and they don't give a crap if a pair of Grados or other reputable brand sound better (I have both Grados and Beats myself). These kids and young adults aren't audiophiles listening to classical music. They listen to hip-hop, r&b, electronic, house, etc. and they want their music loud. You guys don't seem to get that. Everyone I know that's under the age of 21 want (read: don't need) iPhones or Macs because they perform better, that's just icing on the cake. They want iPhones and Macs because they look cool and they view them as accessories just as much as an electronic device. They see celebrities with their iPhones and MacBooks just like they do wearing Beats headphones.

I think the reason for this rumored purchase has more to do with the streaming service from Beats and more importantly Jimmy Iovine himself. What better way to make licensing deals with the record companies than to have a record company executive with many connections and influence on your side.

Guess what? Jimmy Iovine is also an "old white guy". :no:

Racism is detestable, no matter who is doing it.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #130 of 174
As Sog mentioned, it's about style and street trend but it's also about bass! Which is what the apple headphones lack to a certain extent. No matter what, the beats are to most selling headphone on the market and they expanded their line to Bluetooth speakers such as the pill and so on. The younger crowd are bass addicts, yes they sound horrible, but you have to see what they are listening too and what the older generation listens too.

I'm not sure if Monster is still part of beats, but the internals of beats are Monster cable. On top of that, it's a major competition to Bose headphone. And as someone mentioned before, the streaming music is what apple really needs to finally really compete with pandora.

The older crowed, or share holders won't see the benefit now, but it's a major benefit for apple in the long run.
post #131 of 174

We get that wasting 3.2 billion on style (wholly devoid of substance) when you already have style (and substance) is idiocy. Therefore this argument for the purchase is patently false.

Simple.

post #132 of 174
Quote:

Guess what? Jimmy Iovine is also an "old white guy". 1oyvey.gif

Racism is detestable, no matter who is doing it.

Yeah, but he's actually in touch with today's young generation unlike most people in this thread. The majority of people don't sit at home and listen to music with high-fidelity sound reproduction in mind.
post #133 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We get that wasting 3.2 billion on style (wholly devoid of substance) when you already have style (and substance) is idiocy. Therefore this argument for the purchase is patently false.

Simple.

My reply wasn't aimed at whether or not Apple should buy Beats, frankly I could care less. My reply was to all the people saying how X brand makes better sounding headphones when they have no idea why people buy Beats headphones.

As I stated in my original post, if Apple did or is interested in buying Beats my guess is it has more to do with the streaming service and Jimmy Iovine himself for obvious reasons.

Simple.
post #134 of 174

I think there's another angle to this.    Samsung has been going after the urban youth/hip hop community by getting endorsements deals with Jay-Z, Lebron James, NBA, etc.   Getting Dr Dre neutralizes that advantage.

post #135 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by john12345 View Post

I think there's another angle to this.    Samsung has been going after the urban youth/hip hop community by getting endorsements deals with Jay-Z, Lebron James, NBA, etc.   Getting Dr Dre neutralizes that advantage.

I wonder which headphone company Samsung is suddenly going to buy?

post #136 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Sony?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #137 of 174
Quote:

SMS Audio
post #138 of 174

SkullCandy

Quote:

SkullCandy

post #139 of 174
Lotsa scared white people in here 1wink.gif

Beats headphones suck, but the music service is a huge plus for Apple. As a shareholder, I am happy to see them putting some of the cash to work.
post #140 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I have, hence my comment. Look, I just don't think Apple is the kind of company that wants to be associated with rappers doing their 'MF' thing on camera. Does that make me childish?
NO, it doesn't.

However, it does appear that your trying to block out the very fact that African Americans are far more successful in the music biz (and in general) than you give them credit for. Their cultural idiosyncrasies and fun with colorful language shouldn't discriminate against them from enjoying Apple tech just like all of us Lilly-White-Bread-Old-Folks around here. If anything, I think their inclusion and cultural influence will take some of the brand-heat off of the "traditional" Apple fans (see LWBOF above).

I get why they are successful, and aren't blocking out any cultural thing but embrace all.
Quote:
As much as it pains me to say, SJ is dead and his personal taste in music is not future-forward and all inclusive, what with Dillon, Beatles, U2, Cold Play etc. making up his playlists. Across Europe, Asia and South America the black influence on musical tastes among the younger generation is hard to ignore and has been trending continuously for some time now.

Not only influenced them, but me as well.
Quote:
If the addition of Dr. Dre and the South Central dudes adds another level off "cool" to get the young'ns interested in saving up and owning Apple/Beats stuff... I'm not going to be the idiot that says it shouldn't happen.

That I agree with. I just can't imagine them using profanity in marketing material, which is what I was imagining yesterday. But today is another day, filled with new Beats articles for me to catch up on.
Quote:
Sheeeeeeeeet!.... and certainly not for any cultural differences of opinion or language usage......... 1smoking.gif

Loved The Wire!
How to enter the Apple logo  on iOS:
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
/Settings/Keyboard/Shortcut and paste in  which you copied from an email draft or a note. Screendump
post #141 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleSauce007 View Post

This is awesome!

Some people just don't understand the kind of media connections iTunes is getting in this deal...

Jimmy Iovine is a senior executive at Vivendi Universal Music Group.
Beats investor Carlyle Group / Len Blatvatnik recently bought Warner Music Group.
Vivendi owns about 14% of Beats.

iTunes is about to become the biggest money maker for Apple.
iTunes will own the global music industry if they didn't already. 1smile.gif
Wake up people. This is huge for Apple.

As soon as Apple closes this deal and really takes it Global, it will be worth 10 times more.

ITunes is already the largest download site, but it's not that profitable. How is buying beats going to make iTunes more profitable? Please explain your line of reasoning.
post #142 of 174
Quote:

Hello, is that you Mr Sterling?

Love that show. Also:

"Nobody knows what I'm doing. It's good for mystique.” - Roger Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I think Hi Rez audio is coming.

How's that going to work out on a 8GB iPhone? With ≈ 110MB per minute a 192kHz/24bit this is going to be crammed, even on 64GB devices.

Quote:

What good is a poll?

Pretty useless, with only 20some voters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenoz View Post

Shouldn't they be drinking malt liquor?

They're Android users, so cheap Heineken beer¡

Quote:

Then their was vinyl, crackly fragile crap you'd have to change every 22 minutes then the constant hiss of cassette tapes but at least they didn't skip like portable CD players.

22 minutes? You don't remember the James Brown single that had to be flipped in order to hear the 2nd half of the song?
post #143 of 174
Quote:

Love that show. Also:

How's that going to work out on a 8GB iPhone? With ≈ 110MB per minute a 192kHz/24bit this is going to be crammed, even on 64GB devices.
22 minutes? You don't remember the James Brown single that had to be flipped in order to hear the 2nd half of the song?

I was talking about LPs and cassette tapes made to match them, Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull required both sides, there was an almost 27 minute version of Dazed and Confused on The Song Remains The Same by Led Zeppelin but most albums came in at around 45 minutes, CDs changed that.

I never was much of a one for singles, even today with MP3s I still buy albums.
Edited by hill60 - 5/10/14 at 12:54am
post #144 of 174
Quote:

Quote:

Love that show. Also:

I was talking about LPs and cassette tapes made to match them, Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull required both sides, there was an almost 27 minute version of Dazed and Confused on The Song Remains The Same by Led Zeppelin but most albums came in at around 45 minutes, CDs changed that.

I never was much of a one for singles, even today with MP3s I still buy albums.

Missed the obvious 22 minutes. Yes, CD's did change that. It actually put a burden on many artists, hence all the filler songs we got.
post #145 of 174
Quote:

I get why they are successful, and aren't blocking out any cultural thing but embrace all.
That I agree with. I just can't imagine them using profanity in marketing material, which is what I was imagining yesterday. But today is another day, filled with new Beats articles for me to catch up on.
Loved The Wire!

@PhilBoogie - Thank You a 1000x for replying!

I was really getting depressed reading all of the posts on multiple threads that had a very sad and pathetic underlying racist and cultural discriminatory tone... many from posters that I've previously respected regarding other topics.

Re: after the World Cup I was thinking which series I would really like to binge on again... and I'm at a toss up between The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Re: the influence of black culture in music - my "trending" comment was based on the influences of hip-hop and rap the world over for over a decade.

However, how soon we forget that it is was black music culture (R & B = Rhythm and Blues!) that spawned Rock & Roll some 60 odd years ago. It was so repugnant to many Lilly-White-Old-Folks at the time that it was banned in places, and certain white guy pioneers like Jerry Lee Lewis and later "swivel-hips" Elvis were panned, banned, pulled off stage and arrested.

Anybody that truly loves Western music of any genre (other than Classical), can follow their preferred genre's melodious trail back to some black guy(s) sitting on a porch... whistling, humming their "blues", and thumping of their foot to add a rhythm... thus creating a "BEAT"****. That fact is as undeniable in it's origin as it is in it's longevity and ability to be sculpted into other modern and ever evolving musical expressions.

To deny the above, is being deaf, dumb... and dare I say... being a cultural racist. I may agree with anyone's right to state their opinions or beliefs; but I do NOT have to respect them if those beliefs/opinions further an unintelligent and discriminatory agenda.... IMHO!

**** I twisted the sentence and narrative around to something more "visually pleasant", than the true definition which reflects upon the monotony (rhythm) of slave labor in the fields and singing to dampen the misery (blues).
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
post #146 of 174
Quote:
...shouldn't discriminate against them from enjoying Apple tech just like all of us Lilly-White-Bread-Old-Folks around here.

Is that you Spike Lee?

That's an inclusive statement... so no... I'm not.

Proves your comprehension skills are lacking and all of your posts above are for lack of said comprehension of the topic your replying to.... 1tongue.gif
post #147 of 174
Quote:

I was really getting depressed reading all of the posts on multiple threads that had a very sad and pathetic underlying racist and cultural discriminatory tone... many from posters that I've previously respected regarding other topics.

Seems like I'm not the only one who has noticed the blatant racism regarding this (still rumored) acquisition.

John Gruber pointed it out, coming from The Awl - http://www.theawl.com/2014/05/lets-call-it-apple-privilege

... and I mistakenly followed a link to to the YouTube video featuring the Dr. Dre/FB vid... the comments are nauseating!

When will we as a species ever get over this SHIT! 1devil.gif
post #148 of 174
Quote:

Seems like I'm not the only one who has noticed the blatant racism regarding this (still rumored) acquisition.

John Gruber pointed it out, coming from The Awl - http://www.theawl.com/2014/05/lets-call-it-apple-privilege

... and I mistakenly followed a link to to the YouTube video featuring the Dr. Dre/FB vid... the comments are nauseating!

When will we as a species ever get over this SHIT! 1devil.gif

Mate, if I could manage to pull off that big a deal, meaning generations of my family would never have to work again and would never want for anything I'd be pretty happy and wanting to celebrate too.
post #149 of 174
Quote:

Mate, if I could manage to pull off that big a deal, meaning generations of my family would never have to work again and would never want for anything I'd be pretty happy and wanting to celebrate too.

Sorry, that's not what being wealthy is about. In many respects your problems are compounded because your concern then shifts to how to best grow and maintain that wealth. Then there are the relatives you never knew who all come knocking who think you owe them because of... genetics? And if kids are involved, how to keep them from becoming entitled worthless brats. And let's not forget if you are rich and famous, all of the crazy people who harass you or want to sue you... Yep, being rich is a walk in the park.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #150 of 174
Quote:

Could it be you misunderstood my post(?)... because the video doesn't bother me in the least. In fact I think it's rather calm and laid back considering the sum and success(!)
post #151 of 174
Quote:

Sorry, that's not what being wealthy is about. In many respects your problems are compounded because your concern then shifts to how to best grow and maintain that wealth. Then there are the relatives you never knew who all come knocking who think you owe them because of... genetics? And if kids are involved, how to keep them from becoming entitled worthless brats. And let's not forget if you are rich and famous, all of the crazy people who harass you or want to sue you... Yep, being rich is a walk in the park.

You certainly have some valid points... but why do ya have to p*** on their parade with skepticism... even if the odds are that may be a concern in the future. On the other hand, a lot of these guys have made some serious bucks for a while now... so I think they've been around the block a few times and are experienced enough to keep a certain amount tucked away. Just be careful about getting married or having kids! That'll drain ya dry in a heartBEAT if things don't go as planned... 1smoking.gif
post #152 of 174
Quote:

You certainly have some valid points... but why do ya have to p*** on their parade with skepticism... even if the odds are that may be a concern in the future. On the other hand, a lot of these guys have made some serious bucks for a while now... so I think they've been around the block a few times and are experienced enough to keep a certain amount tucked away. Just be careful about getting married or having kids! That'll drain ya dry in a heartBEAT if things don't go as planned... 1smoking.gif

Just trying to illustrate that no problems disappear because money is suddenly involved.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #153 of 174
Quote:

Quote:

Profanity for one.

Oh please...  Grow up!  Will you?

What a repulsive man Dr. Dre is as shown on this video. 

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #154 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

What a repulsive man Dr. Dre is as shown on this video. 

The problem I have is that an NDA was likely violated by telling his friends, then the video being posted on Facebook. It demonstrated a lack of maturity and regard for Apple as a business partner.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #155 of 174

Uh, only children think that swearing is adult.

post #156 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesomorphicman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Oak View Post

What clowns

What a terrible deal by Apple

Quote:

Has Cook and the board lost their minds? This is really making me think hard about the Apple stock I currently hold. Don't do it Tim! 1oyvey.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

God help us.

Let me get this straight... they are "clowns" why? Because they are happy and want to celebrate the biggest deal in his and their friends life? Because they maybe had a little too much beer and are happy? I'd like to see all of you when your favorite team wins a big game or championship and how you act in your homes or at the bar! Guess you are always calm and never get excited.

A lot of this (to me) is subliminal racism. If Beats were owned by Bono or Robert Plant I think a lot of people here would have zero problem with the alleged deal. But for heavens sake, not some rappers, not some guys from the city... not these guys, it's the downfall of Apple. Small minded people. I don't own anything from Beats, but there is no question Beats is a huge brand and whether you like Dr. Dre, Hip-Hop or the headphones themselves, their products are extremely successful and make a ton of money. Jimmy Iovine is a business and music legend and so is Dr. Dre. Don't be such typical Apple elitist and snobs, get off your high horses. Sell your stock and Apple products today, Tim and Apple won't miss you. Amazing.

Cretinous post. 

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #157 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by izaiahmazin View Post

Quote:

it might be a huge brand but there is nothing classy about it. And a lot of people considerate overpriced junk. Why would Apple want to be associated with that?

This race card bullsht is BULL-SHT.

I'm a black guy. I like hip hop. I listen to hip hop music. I've used beats, I've gifted beats.

I've also been following apple for 10 years, have stock and work in IB.

To me, this is a HORRIBLE DEAL.

And it's not so much that it's a company with little real value to Apple, or that is was built by and is associated with black people, but that it's rumored to be acquired at a 3.2 B price tag.

And of course, in the vein of hip hop, the first comment from Dre himself references the East-West coast conflict, peppered with profanity. This is a horrible message to send to Apples user base and investors.

It's a snuff at Job's legacy in many ways.

I hate hip hop. But good comment.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #158 of 174
Quote:

Quote:

some of you middle aged white guys just dont get it do you.

Its not about PERFORMANCE.
Its about STYLE.

Seriously.  Go out some time and do some research.

You think women spend $4000 on a Louis Vutton bag because it PERFORMS better than a Urban Outfitters bag that cost 10x cheaper?

Really? 

I don't understand how any headphones can be cool. Anyone who wears headphones, without exception, looks like a dork. That's why we have earbuds.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #159 of 174
Quote:

Quote:

Loved The Wire!

Re: after the World Cup I was thinking which series I would really like to binge on again... and I'm at a toss up between The Wire and Breaking Bad.

Re: the influence of black culture in music - my "trending" comment was based on the influences of hip-hop and rap the world over for over a decade.

However, how soon we forget that it is was black music culture (R & B = Rhythm and Blues!) that spawned Rock & Roll some 60 odd years ago. It was so repugnant to many Lilly-White-Old-Folks at the time that it was banned in places, and certain white guy pioneers like Jerry Lee Lewis and later "swivel-hips" Elvis were panned, banned, pulled off stage and arrested.

Anybody that truly loves Western music of any genre (other than Classical), can follow their preferred genre's melodious trail back to some black guy(s) sitting on a porch... whistling, humming their "blues", and thumping of their foot to add a rhythm... thus creating a "BEAT"****. That fact is as undeniable in it's origin as it is in it's longevity and ability to be sculpted into other modern and ever evolving musical expressions.

To deny the above, is being deaf, dumb... and dare I say... being a cultural racist. I may agree with anyone's right to state their opinions or beliefs; but I do NOT have to respect them if those beliefs/opinions further an unintelligent and discriminatory agenda.... IMHO!

**** I twisted the sentence and narrative around to something more "visually pleasant", than the true definition which reflects upon the monotony (rhythm) of slave labor in the fields and singing to dampen the misery (blues).

All genres derive from either classical or folk.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #160 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Uh, only children think that swearing is adult.

Quite. I do too much here.

- African proverb
- African proverb
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Dr. Dre, Tyrese share Heineken-fueled celebration of Apple's alleged Beats acquisition