or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple suppliers expect 'iPhone 6' sales to be 20% greater than iPhone 5s

Apple suppliers expect 'iPhone 6' sales to be 20% greater than iPhone 5s - Page 2

post #41 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_PhoneApart View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

In the absence of news from Apple, rumor sites fill the void with fanciful creations and speculations. This is the nature of the rumor industry.

Agreed. I remember all the speculation about the name of the iPhone 5. lol.gif

Perhaps the new iPhone will be called ‘Apple's little ’elppa.’
iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #42 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

iPhone 6 is going to be the biggest phone launch ever, that goes with out saying.

Every iPhone launch becomes the 'biggest phone launch ever'.

No need to douse his fire.
iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #43 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingela View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

20% or more, I would say.

Worry time for Samsung and others. High end luxury smart phones is where the money is.

iPhone 6 will be the best-selling smartphone on the planet.

And remember, this also will mean that the 5S is going to come down in price.

And the 5C presumably will come down in price.

Etc.

2014 = good times for Apple fans and stockholders.

And that is *without* any other major product announcements.
I would imagine the 5s being discontinued replaced with a black plastic body 5cs. I cannot see it making sense to keep the metal 5s at a discounted price.

5sc.
iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #44 of 61
Originally Posted by Ingela View Post
I cannot see it making sense to keep the metal 5s at a discounted price.

I can. Because literally every single iPhone but the first two did the exact same thing, and it made perfect sense for Apple the entire time.

It’s 5SC, by the way, assuming they’re still going to do this ridiculous nonsense.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

post #45 of 61
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I can. Because literally every single iPhone but the first two did the exact same thing, and it made perfect sense for Apple the entire time.

It’s 5SC, by the way, assuming they’re still going to do this ridiculous nonsense.

Funny, because if that were true I should be able to buy an iPhone 5 but what happened to the iPhone 5? Oh that's right they broke the pattern and put the innards inside a plastic shell and added a C to the name. There will be no 5SC which is a ridiculous name. The 5s will become the 6c. Count on it. 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. 

post #46 of 61
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
Funny, because if that were true

Try reading posts before replying, please.

There will be no 5SC which is a ridiculous name. 

Anything with a C on it is ridiculous in the first place. Same with S.

The 5s will become the 6c. Count on it. 

I’ve already shown you how wrong that is. Explain your justification for continuing this nonsense.

Explain how, with the iPhone 5 becoming the iPhone 5C, it makes sense for the iPhone 5S to become the iPhone 6C. People know the iPhone 5C as the iPhone 5 in plastic. People will see the “iPhone 6C” as the iPhone 6 in plastic. Explain how they magically will not. 

You cannot. There is no justification. The foot’s on the other shoe now. Now it’s YOU who can’t stand the stupid names that Apple comes up with, and YOU who will do anything to pretend it won’t happen. Except instead of reverting to names that make any sort of sense whatsoever, like I did, you’ve gone completely off the rails and are mixing product lines.

post #47 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Try reading posts before replying, please.

Anything with a C on it is ridiculous in the first place. Same with S.

You remain completely psychotic. I’ve already shown you how wrong that is. Explain your justification for continuing this nonsense.

Explain how, with the iPhone 5 becoming the iPhone 5C, it makes sense for the iPhone 5S to become the iPhone 6C. People know the iPhone 5C as the iPhone 5 in plastic. People will see the “iPhone 6C” as the iPhone 6 in plastic. Explain how they magically will not. 

You cannot. There is no justification. The foot’s on the other shoe now. Now it’s YOU who can’t stand the stupid names that Apple comes up with, and YOU who will do anything to pretend it won’t happen. Except instead of reverting to names that make any sort of sense whatsoever, like I did, you’ve gone completely off the rails and are mixing product lines.

Whether you know it or not you just made my case. The 5c is in fact the iPhone 5 in plastic. The iPhone 5 was last years model. It then stands to reason the 6c will also use the last years model internally at least which is the 5s. Take out the internal parts of the 5s, slap some plastic on it and boom there is your 6c which is logical. Pretty much everyone else agree with this. You in fact are the only one I have ever heard say 5sc. 

post #48 of 61
The 5c is in fact the iPhone 5 in plastic. The iPhone 5 was last years model. 

You’re explicitly stating that the iPhone 6C is not the iPhone 6 in plastic. That is the opposite of these two sentences. 

It then stands to reason the 6c will also use the last years model internally at least which is the 5s. 

It is the opposite of standing to reason that the 6C would be the 5S. You cannot possibly be believing this. You’re putting me on for the purpose of doing so.

Take out the internal parts of the 5s, slap some plastic on it and boom there is your 6c which is logical.

Logical in no capacity whatsoever. So the iPhone 5C is just the iPhone 4S’ internals? That’s what you’re saying. And you’re completely and utterly wrong. How is this difficult to comprehend? How can so few people count?

post #49 of 61

Oh oh... another naming debate... 5 months before announcement.

Buckle up, kids!!

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #50 of 61

The 5c is the iPhone 5 in plastic. Why are you even talking about the 4s? I don;t know how much clearer I can explain this to you. Do you dispute that the 5c is not the old iPhone 5 in plastic? Same CPU, same display, same pretty much everything besides the case. The iPhone 5 was the flagship the year before the 5c's release. The 5s is the flagship phone this year. How can you not understand that this years flagship phone will not become next years c phone. Are you really that obtuse?

post #51 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Oh oh... another naming debate... 5 months before announcement.

Buckle up, kids!!

Not so much naming debate as he doesn't seem able to fathom the 5s will transform into the 6c or whatever Apple decides to call the 5c replacement. I don't care what they call the next 5c, I think 6c is the most likely name. Certainly far more plausible than a 5sc but at least I will be the first to admit it is only a guess. He acts like he has a crystal ball. 

post #52 of 61
The 5c is the iPhone 5 in plastic.

Therefore it is absolutely ludicrous for you to think the iPhone 6C would be the 5S in plastic.

Why are you even talking about the 4s?

Because you are. I guess analogies are a foreign concept to you?

Do you dispute that the 6C is not the old iPhone 5 in plastic?

Seems like an idiotic question when I already answered it.

Same CPU, same display, same pretty much everything besides the case.

Yep. So it’s pretty stupid of you to suggest the iPhone 5S, which has a different CPU, different display, different pretty much everything than the iPhone 6 would be turned into the 6C.

The iPhone 5 was the flagship the year before the 5c's release.

Yep. The iPhone 5 became the iPhone 5C. And you think I’m supposed to believe that the iPhone 5S will become the iPhone 6C? Do you think that little of me?

How can you not understand that this years flagship phone will not become next years c phone. 

Because that’s 1. exactly what you yourself just said WILL happen and 2. exactly what happened last year.

Was my earlier chart too confusing for you? I’ll post it again. No changes or anything, because a toddler could figure this out, but here it is.

2012 2013 2014 2015
Flagship iPhone 5 iPhone 5S iPhone 6 iPhone 6S
Midrange iPhone 4S iPhone 5C iPhone 5S (5SC) iPhone 6 (6C)
Low-end iPhone 4 iPhone 4S iPhone 5C iPhone 5S (5SC)

Not so much naming debate as he doesnt seem able to fathom the 5s will transform into the 6c

Exactly; not a name debate at all. Read our posts, island hermit; this is a great discussion. Unfathomable.

post #53 of 61
Quote:

Exactly; not a name debate at all. Read our posts, island hermit; this is a great discussion. Unfathomable.

I think you're both wrong.

5S

5C

Apple won't put a plastic phone in the middle. It will just keep the 5S and drop the 5C into the 4S slot.

lol

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #54 of 61
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

It will just keep the 5S and drop the 5C into the 4S slot.

That’s exactly what I’m thinking. The 5C will fall into history like the 3rd gen iPod shuffle.

post #55 of 61

So do I. I never once said the 5c would be continued "as is". It will be reincarnated as the 6c along with Touch ID, the faster CPU that the 5s provides and also as a 4" device for the luddite ne'er-do-well's who insist on remaining stuck in the past and demand a 4" screen. The rest of us will cruise along happily with our 4.7" iPhone 6 and wait for those holdouts to realize what a huge mistake they made by sticking with that 4" nonsense. Apple will likely want all new iOS devices introduced this year to include TouchID to increase adoption and possibly for payment options. 

5s > 6 (4.7" with new A8)

5c > 6c (internally 5s with old A7 and 4" display) This will also be the last 4" model Apple will make. 

4s > discontinued because 3.5" is dead and no LTE

post #56 of 61
I never once said the 5c would be continued "as is". 

Wh… so, what, Apple will be selling only two iPhones this year? The bottom $0 on contract model will be gone?

…stuck in the past…

A phone with a screen size small enough to make the device actually usable the way it is advertised is “stuck in the past”, huh? Come off it. :lol:

6c (internally 5s… 

MAKES. ABSOLUTELY. NO. SENSE. Thanks for refusing to explain yourself, however. At least we know where you stand.

post #57 of 61

If Apple goes to 32/64/128 then a 16GB version of the 6c would be the free model with a 2 year contract. If they stick with 16/32/64 and add a 128 premium edition then perhaps an 8GB model would be the free version. No reason for Apple to continue trotting out models released 2 years ago once they decided to make the 5c. They can simply recycle the flagship models older tech from the previous year in a current year cheaper "C" model. I am done with this discussion. Only time will prove either one of us right or wrong or both of us wrong. 

post #58 of 61
If Apple goes to 32/64/128 then a 16GB version of the 6c would be the free model with a 2 year contract. 

Why does that follow? Right now it’s three for the top, two for the middle, and one for the bottom.

No reason for Apple to continue trotting out models released 2 years ago once they decided to make the 5c.

How does that follow? What are you even saying? How is it now magically viable for Apple to move the $0 model up to the midrange base model?

They can simply recycle the flagship models older tech from the previous year in a current year cheaper "C" model. 

But that’s exactly what they’ve been doing every year before, except that didn’t let them take it to $0, either.

I am done with this discussion.

Ah, the old “I’m leaving therefore I’m right…” Would it kill you to answer ONE of the questions I asked?

post #59 of 61
I think it will go down 20% all the people who had galaxy's actually switched to iPhone cuz the screen is too big. If the screen on the 6 is like a iPad I will not be upgrading and ill still use my iPhone 3GS Forever stuck on iOS 6
post #60 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphone 3gs View Post

I think it will go down 20% all the people who had galaxy's actually switched to iPhone cuz the screen is too big. If the screen on the 6 is like a iPad I will not be upgrading and ill still use my iPhone 3GS Forever stuck on iOS 6

Good for you! Nothing wrong with being stuck in the past.
iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #61 of 61
I l
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Good for you! Nothing wrong with being stuck in the past.
I like my 3GS great idear 😃
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple suppliers expect 'iPhone 6' sales to be 20% greater than iPhone 5s
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple suppliers expect 'iPhone 6' sales to be 20% greater than iPhone 5s