or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Beats' Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre could take the stage at Apple's WWDC

Rumor: Beats' Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre could take the stage at Apple's WWDC - Page 7

post #241 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by helen1969 View Post

APPLE BEATS: Apple should cut all ties and run! Help stop it and sign.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/stop-apple-beats-acquisition

It's not that I like Beats products, but I think it's absurd that people, many of whom have never accomplished anything in their lives and even if they have, know very little about business, are telling Apple, probably the most successful consumer company of all time, how to run their business.   

I also think it's laughable that their main complaint is that Beats is a fashion statement.    Apple, with their priority of industrial design over functionality (doesn't want a line in the case, so we can't change batteries, drives or memory; thinness supersedes all other aspects of design) certainly falls into that same category.

Besides, Apple probably wants Beats more for the streaming service than for the headphones.   

I also have to think that there's just a bit of racism involved because of Beats' association with rap and urban youth.    Would there be complaints if Apple had bought Bowers & Wilkins instead?

A petition to this effect?   Ha ha ha.    With the overuse of online petitions for every single perceived affront, a petition will have absolutely no affect on Apple whatsoever.

post #242 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I should start an online petition to see how many people are stupid enough to think that online petitions work.

Neither are going to work.  

post #243 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I should start an online petition to see how many people are stupid enough to think that online petitions work.

Neither are going to work.  

Ok. How about an online petition to see how many people think that starting an online petition to see how many people are stupid enough to think that online petitions work would work? Then we'll know if either have a fighting chance.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #244 of 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Ok. How about an online petition to see how many people think that starting an online petition to see how many people are stupid enough to think that online petitions work would work? Then we'll know if either have a fighting chance.

hahaha. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Rumor: Beats' Jimmy Iovine, Dr. Dre could take the stage at Apple's WWDC