or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › iHealth: Meet the new wearable 'dream team' Apple hired from fashion, fitness & medicine

iHealth: Meet the new wearable 'dream team' Apple hired from fashion, fitness & medicine - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPLfanboy View Post

How can Apple launch a Healthbook app at WWDC in June without an accompanying device to use it with? It's got to be either both or nothing.

I thought that, too. But another possibility is that Apple is providing an amalgamation of the thousands of health apps already on the App Store, a bit like Passbook. They provide the software, including for third-party accessories, whilst others provide the hardware. However, in view of Nike's recent shutting up of shop of their hardware department, and also the M7 chip, as well as recent hirings, I'm not so sure.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

if this is just in the research stage then no way will we see any products this year. Curious to know how you would define the "Apple simplicity test" in the context of what these people may be working on.

Something so elegantly designed and implemented that the value of the thing is self-evident.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #43 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Color LCDs are generally light emitting, not good in sunlight.

Stop overgeneralizing for the win.
Haven't you ever seen a Nintendo Gameboy Advance? Color LCDs come in reflective / transflective designs. Backlight is optional. And way faster than color eInk. I also had an early Windows PocketPC (Compaq iPAQ) based on a transflective color LCD.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #44 of 47

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'd think that HealthBook (and accompanying APIs and frameworks) would come first or at the same time as any health-focused HW from Apple. Not unlike how PassBook has come before any Apple payment system that is rumoured to be in the works.
What is passbook? I remember hearing something about it two years ago, but I don't remember hearing if it actually does a damn thing yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

I can't really conceive of anything that would interest me less. What's next—Apple-brand catheters? Adult diapers? I think this would absolutely destroy Apple's brand appeal—and I speak as an old man who's not in great shape myself.
I'm young-ish (30) and in great health. Id love it.

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

What is passbook? I remember hearing something about it two years ago, but I don't remember hearing if it actually does a damn thing yet.

I use it pretty much every day and sometimes a couple times a day that I'd say I average more than once per day in my PassBook usage. I wouldn't want to go away before it is an indepixisble time saver and convenience.
Edited by SolipsismX - 5/15/14 at 7:04am

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

What's next—Apple-brand catheters?

If their PeePod fits as uncomfortably as their EarPods then no way.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › iHealth: Meet the new wearable 'dream team' Apple hired from fashion, fitness & medicine