or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone beats all Android smartphone web use in North America by wide margin
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's iPhone beats all Android smartphone web use in North America by wide margin - Page 2

post #41 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten990 View Post

@gwmac

Do you know why Samsung makes a larger display phone?

Because they can't make a smaller phone and match the iPhone's specs.

They MUST make the device bigger in order to have a removable battery.
They MUST make the battery bigger in order to match the iPhone's power.
They MUST make the device bigger in order to provide the memory capacity of the iPhone using a space hog like memory card slots.

Samsung spun the bigger display as innovation, when in reality, it's anti-innovation.

Anyone can make a bigger device.
Miniaturization (making it smaller and more powerful) is the tricky part.

Apple's big iPhone is called iPad mini. If Apple releases a bigger display iPhone they need to have found a reason for it to exist.

Not just because they can.

And you know why Apple is about to make a bigger phone? Because people want it. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

 

I wouldn't trust a doctor who is so visually impaired.

 

It wouldn't be Dr Doolittle by any chance?

The 4" is dead. Get over it. Apple will release a larger iPhone this year and the 4" will be relegated to c class status. How pathetic that you have to resort to attacking a doctor you know nothing about because he doesn't want a teensy weeny 4" phone to look at all day long and I don't blame him. Guess what, over 50% of people over the age of 20 are visually impaired to some degree and that rate goes up by higher at each age group. My doctor can see just fine and probably much better by not having to strain to look at 4" display all day long. If you choose a doctor based on their use of iOS that is really pretty pathetic. 

post #42 of 94

So what this is saying is it takes Apple users twice as long to do something on the web as someone using Android.  Interesting.

post #43 of 94
I'll give Daniel props for the '53.1 percent MAJORITY' vs 'JUST 44.5 percent' headline that makes it sound like a plausibly large gap.

No props, but a seriously good chuckle, over the 'Apple's lead over Android is 43 TIMES LARGER then Windows lead over Blackberry'

More astonishing than that fact would be that Apple's lead over Android is more than 9384832 times larger than the amount of girl scout cookies my neighbors daughter sold.

9384832 times larger is WAY more than 43 times larger! Go Apple!
post #44 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

I use the web less and less on my phone. I have an app for pretty much everything. For news, plenty of news apps, for movies-IMDB, restaurants-several apps. I use music apps, check in on games to do various tasks, and use a wide variety of apps but really not the web itself through safari very much at all. I doubt I am alone. I have an iPhone 5s by the way. Is surfing the web really a good indicator of smartphone usage now with so many dedicated apps that might not get measured? The web might provide the backbone for all these apps but I just don't see the need to use a browser since it is clunkier and takes more steps to get the info I want.

When a company like Chitika gets stats on Web Usage it's not necessarily those web requests made by your phones browser (Safari), it could also be web content requested by Apps on your phone.
Take Facebook paper for instance. You have a native app that pulls down HTML content from the web and renders it inside the app. This also counts towards web traffic. A lot of native apps make web requests and render parts of the web within itself. So although you don't directly surf the web via your browser, the apps you use could serve you web content.
post #45 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten990 View Post

@gwmac

Do you know why Samsung makes a larger display phone?

Because they can't make a smaller phone and match the iPhone's specs.

They MUST make the device bigger in order to have a removable battery.
They MUST make the battery bigger in order to match the iPhone's power.
They MUST make the device bigger in order to provide the memory capacity of the iPhone using a space hog like memory card slots.

Samsung spun the bigger display as innovation, when in reality, it's anti-innovation.

Anyone can make a bigger device.
Miniaturization (making it smaller and more powerful) is the tricky part.

Apple's big iPhone is called iPad mini. If Apple releases a bigger display iPhone they need to have found a reason for it to exist.

Not just because they can.

And you know this how?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #46 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

And you know why Apple is about to make a bigger phone? Because people want it. 

There is no proof of this. There may be a SMALL number of people that may make the size of the screen as the major factor, but that means they would be giving up ecosystem, quality apps, and security. Android is a platform to promote Googles advertising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

The 4" is dead. Get over it. Apple will release a larger iPhone this year and the 4" will be relegated to c class status. How pathetic that you have to resort to attacking a doctor you know nothing about because he doesn't want a teensy weeny 4" phone to look at all day long and I don't blame him. Guess what, over 50% of people over the age of 20 are visually impaired to some degree and that rate goes up by higher at each age group. My doctor can see just fine and probably much better by not having to strain to look at 4" display all day long. If you choose a doctor based on their use of iOS that is really pretty pathetic. 

I would not want my doctor to keep my records on an insecure device powered by Google manufactured by a company that can't write its own software,let alone an operating system.

Tell your doctor to buy an iPad mini.
post #47 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercow View Post

So what this is saying is it takes Apple users twice as long to do something on the web as someone using Android.  Interesting.

Slow ass connection. 1wink.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #48 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten990 View Post


There is no proof of this. There may be a SMALL number of people that may make the size of the screen as the major factor, but that means they would be giving up ecosystem, quality apps, and security. Android is a platform to promote Googles advertising.
I would not want my doctor to keep my records on an insecure device powered by Google manufactured by a company that can't write its own software,let alone an operating system.

Tell your doctor to buy an iPad mini.

Wow can you read. As I explained before my doctor doesn't keep any records on his Android phone. I also wouldn't want him to keep records on an iPhone or iPad either which are not completely secure and can be stolen. All patient data is kept on computers in his office which I like to think are somewhat more secure or hard copy. He uses medical reference apps to check drug dosages, contraindications, etc.. No doctor can be expected to have all the millions of things a doctor needs to know memorized so it is a lot handier than using books or going back to his office and computer to check those things and it is a lot easier to type on a big screen than on a 4" screen. It is not only easier to read on a larger display but people forget how much easier it is to type on a bigger screen especially if you are good at swype and have added a lot of those medical terms to your database.


Edited by gwmac - 5/15/14 at 7:19pm
post #49 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post

Android's 44.5 is not less!  Seriously!  

53% compared to 44% is about 20%+ difference. That's enough to say Beats(pun intended). Seriously. Now if the difference was even greater, them a more appropriate word might be slaughters or destroys, but beats is appropriate.
post #50 of 94
Beating them by a few percentage combined = wide margins?
post #51 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Wow can you read. As I explained before my doctor doesn't keep any records on his Android phone. I also wouldn't want him to keep records on an iPhone or iPad either which are not completely secure and can be stolen. All patient data is kept on computers in his office which I like to think are somewhat more secure or hard copy. He uses medical reference apps to check drug dosages, contraindications, etc.. No doctor can be expected to have all the millions of things a doctor needs to know memorized so it is a lot handier than using books or going back to his office and computer to check those things and it is a lot easier to type on a big screen than on a 4" screen. It is not only easier to read on a larger display but people forget how much easier it is to type on a bigger screen especially if you are good at swype and have added a lot of those medical terms to your database.

What is the purpose of having a bigger screen if you can't access a patients X-ray or history on it? You think a computer can't be stolen or hacked?

And what part of "buy an iPad mini" don't you understand?
post #52 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten990 View Post


I would not want my doctor to keep my records on an insecure device powered by Google manufactured by a company that can't write its own software,let alone an operating system.
 

Hospitals still use PC's running Windows XP.

post #53 of 94
Originally Posted by cotten990 View Post


What is the purpose of having a bigger screen if you can't access a patients X-ray or history on it? You think a computer can't be stolen or hacked?

And what part of "buy an iPad mini" don't you understand?

Are you purposefully trying to be obtuse? I already stated there are computers for that sort of thing along with hard paper records as well as a back up. Most doctor visits do not need X-Rays in any case unless you are an oncologist. Nothing is 100% safe but very few people would bother to break into a doctor's office to steal their computers or records, They would break in for drugs or things they can hock. He uses what he uses because it works for him. He has both a PhD. and M.D.  degree so I think I will trust him a little more than some anon dude off the internet. If he says his Note 3 works better for a quick reference tool over an iPhone I believe him. As I said before not only because of the larger display for reading but also for the larger keyboard for typing. He also said he would be glad to switch to an iPhone when  a larger one is released. Why are you people so defensive that some people simply do not like or refuse to use the 4" version? You would think someone personally insulted your wife. 

post #54 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten990 View Post


What is the purpose of having a bigger screen if you can't access a patients X-ray or history on it? You think a computer can't be stolen or hacked?
 

Actually, some hospitals are developing the ability to beam a patient's records to doctors' mobile devices, such as Google Glass (http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2014/04/08/beth-israel-use-google-glass-throughout-emergency-room/WhIXcVzkpn7MOCAhKuRJZL/story.html)

post #55 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
 

And you know why Apple is about to make a bigger phone? Because people want it. 

The 4" is dead. Get over it. Apple will release a larger iPhone this year and the 4" will be relegated to c class status. How pathetic that you have to resort to attacking a doctor you know nothing about because he doesn't want a teensy weeny 4" phone to look at all day long and I don't blame him. Guess what, over 50% of people over the age of 20 are visually impaired to some degree and that rate goes up by higher at each age group. My doctor can see just fine and probably much better by not having to strain to look at 4" display all day long. If you choose a doctor based on their use of iOS that is really pretty pathetic. 

4" is the size of the biggest selling smartphone of all time.

 

It's not the size of the screen it's the size of the content on the screen, your fictitious "doctor friend" doesn't have a clue.

 

Go and play with the other children in the samsung factory

 

What is dead is the number of Samsung premium phones ending up in the hands of paying customers..

 

Carry on with the Samsung marketing as outlined in an email from a Samsung executive presented as evidence in the recent trial, and I quote:-

 

"- PR attack plan by pointing out iPhone 5's weakness (small 4 inch LCD size)"

 

Obviously the "attack plan" is still in full swing.


Edited by hill60 - 5/16/14 at 1:20am
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #56 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


And you know this how?

 

Galaxy S3 Mini

 

Galaxy S4 Mini

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #57 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Galaxy S3 Mini

Galaxy S4 Mini

That they didn't isn't proof that they couldn't.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #58 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

That they didn't isn't proof that they couldn't.

Sony managed it, perhaps it is beyond the scope of a sleazy company like Samsung who can only get performance by hiding a massive battery behind an oversized screen.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #59 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Sony managed it, perhaps it is beyond the scope of a sleazy company like Samsung who can only get performance by hiding a massive battery behind an oversized screen.

I'll agree that they're sleazy, but I don't believe for a second that it's beyond Samsung's scope to build a high end device with a smaller screen.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #60 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post


Sony managed it, perhaps it is beyond the scope of a sleazy company like Samsung who can only get performance by hiding a massive battery behind an oversized screen.

 

Why wouldn't the converse be true then? Apple can only get away with its better performance by hiding behind a smaller screen and that's why they've stuck with a 4 inch. 

post #61 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandra69 View Post
 

Android's 44.5 is not less!  Seriously!  

 

Please explain how 44.5 is equal to or greater than 53.1.

 

The story and pie chart gave no margins of error, so we are left without that important information, of course. If the error was, say, 10 percentage points, then yes, I would agree, 44.5 and 53.1 are not significantly different. But without those statistics, we have to assume that the error is equal to or less than the precision of the numbers being reported, which includes three significant digits.

post #62 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

4" is the size of the biggest selling smartphone of all time.

 

It's not the size of the screen it's the size of the content on the screen, your fictitious "doctor friend" doesn't have a clue.

 

Go and play with the other children in the samsung factory

 

What is dead is the number of Samsung premium phones ending up in the hands of paying customers..

 

Carry on with the Samsung marketing as outlined in an email from a Samsung executive presented as evidence in the recent trial, and I quote:-

 

"- PR attack plan by pointing out iPhone 5's weakness (small 4 inch LCD size)"

 

Obviously the "attack plan" is still in full swing.

 

So now I am part of the Samsung PR assault plan? I use an iPhone 5s. Apparently pointing out a real world example of a person that plans to switch to an iPhone as soon as a larger one is released somehow angered you. My doctor is not fictional. The 4" iPhone might have been the best selling smart phone of all time but that was because of iOS and the quality of the hardware not because people thought 4" was just the right size. I bought my 5s in spite of the 4" screen not because of it. The 4.7" iPhone will very shortly become the best selling iPhone of all time and then your argument will be destroyed. 

post #63 of 94
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
And you know why Apple is about to make a bigger phone? Because people want it. 

 

Phones larger than 4” make up 20% of shipped phones. Combine that with phones actually in use and you get roughly 10%. No, people don’t want it. Not more than what they have, at least.

 
How pathetic that you have to resort to…

 

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
And you know this how?

 

Because he’s not blind? Six years of teardowns show they’re incapable of doing it.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #64 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Phones larger than 4” make up 20% of shipped phones. Combine that with phones actually in use and you get roughly 10%. No, people don’t want it. Not more than what they have, at least.

I think you might be looking at old data TS. As recently as yesterday there was a report saying about a third of all smartphones shipped in the first quarter have 5" or larger displays. 1eek.gif
http://www.canalys.com/newsroom/third-smart-phones-shipped-q1-had-5-plus-displays
Edited by Gatorguy - 5/16/14 at 8:33am
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #65 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post


I think you might be looking at old data TS. As recently as yesterday there was a report saying about a third of all smartphones shipped in the first quarter have 5" or larger displays. 1eek.gif
http://www.canalys.com/newsroom/third-smart-phones-shipped-q1-had-5-plus-displays

Exactly. From your link above:

 

This is still a market segment led by Samsung, but the trend is unmistakably toward larger-screen handsets at the high end of the market. It held a 44% share of devices with displays of 5" and above, and 53% if the view is narrowed to look at 5.5"-plus displays,’ said Canalys Analyst Jessica Kwee. ‘But many other vendors, such as Lenovo, Huawei, LG and Sony, have also achieved significant volumes in this space with products at the top end of their portfolios. Consumers now expect high-end devices to have large displays, and Apple’s absence in this market will clearly not last long. It is notable that 5" and above displays featured on almost half (47%) of smart phones with an unlocked retail price of US$500 or more. Of the remaining 53% of high-end smart phones, 87% were iPhones. Apple plainly needs a larger-screen smart phone to remain competitive, and it will look to address this in the coming months.’ 

 

Even as Apple is clearly on pace to release a larger iPhone the naysayers still try and pretend that it should not or will not happen. I wonder what they will say when the 4.7" iPhone absolutely demolished sales records of past iPhones. They will likely do what they always do, stay quiet or pretend they were always for it. We might be in for an amnesia epidemic in a few months. 


Edited by gwmac - 5/16/14 at 8:40am
post #66 of 94
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post
As recently as yesterday there was a report saying about a third of all smartphones shipped in the first quarter have 5" or larger displays.

 

Hey, thanks for that. We’re still on the 80-20 use case model, though, so take that as you will.

 

Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

Apple plainly needs a larger-screen smart phone to remain competitive

 

Is that you saying it or the analyst saying it? I guess I don’t care; you’re wrong either way. :lol:

 
Even as Apple is clearly on pace to release a larger iPhone the naysayers still try and pretend that it should not or will not happen. I wonder what they will say when the 4.7" iPhone absolutely demolished sales records of past iPhones. They will likely do what they always do, stay quiet or pretend they were always for it. 

 

You realize I’m for a 4.7” iPhone, right? I’m just not for misrepresenting the marketshare of such devices.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #67 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post


You realize I’m for a 4.7” iPhone, right? I’m just not for misrepresenting the marketshare of such devices.

And yet you do. Constantly.
post #68 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I think you might be looking at old data TS. As recently as yesterday there was a report saying about a third of all smartphones shipped in the first quarter have 5" or larger displays. 1eek.gif
http://www.canalys.com/newsroom/third-smart-phones-shipped-q1-had-5-plus-displays

That can't be right. So many people here have spoken the truth that nothing of that size can sell. It can't sell because Apple isn't in that market and Apple is only in markets that sell. How could I have been misguided for so long?!
post #69 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post
 

I would imagine that if it were possible to produce stats for the amount of time spent in apps, Apple would beat Android by the same margin or more that it does with web surfing.

 

Actually, they most likely spend less time in apps because iPhone apps crash more than Android apps.

post #70 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

 

You realize I’m for a 4.7” iPhone, right? I’m just not for misrepresenting the marketshare of such devices.

 

Wow the backsliding began a lot sooner than I thought. How many times have you said it was unusable, and that it would not sell, and that no one wanted a larger iPhone, or so many other complaints. So now you are suddenly for it? :lol:

post #71 of 94
Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post
And yet you do. Constantly.

 

Uh, no. Sorry. Try again.

 

Originally Posted by wakefinance View Post
That can't be right.

 

It isn’t right. Look at use share.

 
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
Wow the backsliding began a lot sooner than I thought. How many times have you said it was unusable, and that it would not sell, and that no one wanted a larger iPhone, or so many other complaints. So now you are suddenly for it? :lol:

 

It’s such a shame you’re so gotcha that you think this is acceptable.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #72 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Because he’s not blind? Six years of teardowns show they’re incapable of doing it.

It wouldn't be difficult at all for Samsung to open up a iPhone and reverse engineer how Apple is able to.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #73 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


It wouldn't be difficult at all for Samsung to open up a iPhone and reverse engineer how Apple is able to.

They wouldn't even need to do that. It is true that one huge impetus for large displays was the 1st gen of LTE radios that were big and power hungry. But the current and future generations are a lot smaller and more power efficient. Samsung and others accidentally stumbled on to the fact that consumers liked larger displays because they had to make them that big to accommodate LTE radios. Apple waited until the iPhone 5 to release an LTE phone. There are already plenty of Android phones with LTE around 4". 

 

http://cell-phones.toptenreviews.com/smartphones/htc/htc-droid-incredible-details.html

 

And here is a link with many phones with LTE around 4" and Samsung already has a few at 4" it appears.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Display/4+to+4.5+inch/Technology/4G

 

There are even plenty of LTE phones smaller than 4"

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Display/Small+display/Technology/4G


Edited by gwmac - 5/16/14 at 10:14am
post #74 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

They wouldn't even need to do that. It is true that one huge impetus for large displays was the 1st gen of LTE radios that were big and power hungry. But the current and future generations are a lot smaller and more power efficient. Samsung and others accidentally stumbled on to the fact that consumers liked larger displays because they had to make them that big to accommodate LTE radios. Apple waited until the iPhone 5 to release an LTE phone. There are already plenty of Android phones with LTE around 4". 

http://cell-phones.toptenreviews.com/smartphones/htc/htc-droid-incredible-details.html

Another misconception. The first phone to be made over 4" was the HTC HD2 in 2009 and it was a Windows phone. LTE phones weren't made until 2011.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #75 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Another misconception. The first phone to be made over 4" was the HTC HD2 in 2009 and it was a Windows phone. LTE phones weren't made until 2011.

 

How does that disprove anything. You can always find exceptions and outliers to a rule but generally speaking companies went larger to accommodate the large and power hungry LTE chips. They needed the extra space for the radio and a larger battery. Of course they could have made larger phones before that if they wanted to and no one said otherwise. 

post #76 of 94
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
It wouldn't be difficult at all for Samsung to open up a iPhone and reverse engineer how Apple is able to.

 

Obviously it would, given that they can’t figure out how to do it. I don’t get how that’s confusing. The initial power inefficient LTE chips are the reason for giant phones.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #77 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Obviously it would, given that they can’t figure out how to do it. I don’t get how that’s confusing. The initial power inefficient LTE chips are the reason for giant phones.

Phones were already going bigger a year and a half before LTE.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #78 of 94
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
Phones were already going bigger a year and a half before LTE.

 

Yes, because Apple made a 3.5” screen and everyone said it was too big.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #79 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

How does that disprove anything. You can always find exceptions and outliers to a rule but generally speaking companies went larger to accommodate the large and power hungry LTE chips. They needed the extra space for the radio and a larger battery. Of course they could have made larger phones before that if they wanted to and no one said otherwise. 

It's undeniable proof that backs up my argument whereas you offer none except a guess.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #80 of 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Yes, because Apple made a 3.5” screen and everyone said it was too big.

That was in 2007, in 2009 the HTC HD2 was 4.3", and LTE phones didn't come out until 2011.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple's iPhone beats all Android smartphone web use in North America by wide margin
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iPhone beats all Android smartphone web use in North America by wide margin