or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Investor Carl Icahn buys another $1.65B in Apple stock as shares head toward 7-for-1 split

Investor Carl Icahn buys another $1.65B in Apple stock as shares head toward 7-for-1 split - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

I'm not being a pessimist, just keeping it real. It's happening sooner rather than later and it'll be more about interest rates and inflation. The stock market will naturally follow soon, thereafter.

"Sooner than later"? Give me a break. People have been panicked about the sky falling on those two fronts -- interest rates and inflation -- at least since 2008, i.e., for over six years now. Yet, it's all blue sky out there.

It's the same recalcitrant crowd that's been into nonsensical stuff like the gold standard, bit coins, commodities, balance-the-budget-at-any-cost, get-rid-of-the-Fed, etc.

At what point do they wake up realize that they've been utterly, totally out to lunch?!

I (boldly) predict that the stock market will actually rise if interest rates and inflation rates go up (as it did when the 10-year rate went from 2.5% to 3.0% a few months ago, and the market did,..... guess what.... it went up.). Why? Because it will signal the fact that robust long-term growth has returned.

post #42 of 56
He is trying to get more stock than Lauren Jobs... why?... is it because, all of his hair-brained schemes for Apple were shot down by her and the Apple board?.
post #43 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

"Sooner than later"? Give me a break. People have been panicked about the sky falling on those two fronts -- interest rates and inflation -- at least since 2008, i.e., for over six years now. Yet, it's all blue sky out there.

It's the same recalcitrant crowd that's been into nonsensical stuff like the gold standard, bit coins, commodities, balance-the-budget-at-any-cost, get-rid-of-the-Fed, etc.

At what point do they wake up realize that they've been utterly, totally out to lunch?!

I (boldly) predict that the stock market will actually rise if interest rates and inflation rates go up (as it did when the 10-year rate went from 2.5% to 3.0% a few months ago, and the market did,..... guess what.... it went up.). Why? Because it will signal the fact that robust long-term growth has returned.

Only time and a little patience will prove who's predictions are more accurate, and I hope I'm wrong and I hope you're right. We will pick up this topic again when the time comes.

You talkin' to me?
You talkin' to me?
post #44 of 56

OK... Uh... THIS is an insanely large deal:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-t-to-buy-directv-for-49-billion/

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #45 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

OK... Uh... THIS is an insanely large deal:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/at-t-to-buy-directv-for-49-billion/

What's the logic for this deal? What is ATT going to do with the target -- where/what are the synergies?
post #46 of 56
Quote:

What's the logic for this deal? What is ATT going to do with the target -- where/what are the synergies?

It's all about buying customers.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #47 of 56
Quote:

Quote:

It's all about buying customers.

Customers for what? Cell phone service? Satellite TV? If either, a totally dumb move.
post #48 of 56
Quote:

Customers for what? Cell phone service? Satellite TV? If either, a totally dumb move.

Yes, cell phone and satellite service.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #49 of 56
Quote:

Quote:

Yes, cell phone and satellite service.

If that's the case, I stand by my previous assessment: it's a dumb move.

Satellite TV is a doomed business. And cell phone subscriber growth is basically flat.
post #50 of 56
Quote:

If that's the case, I stand by my previous assessment: it's a dumb move.

Satellite TV is a doomed business. And cell phone subscriber growth is basically flat.

You're in a hell of a mood today.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #51 of 56
Quote:

1biggrin.gif
You're in a hell of a mood today.

No different from any other day.....1biggrin.gif
post #52 of 56

Huh.

Guess we’re going back to Dish, then. Wish Apple would just effing hurry up with the new Apple TV platform.

post #53 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Huh.

Guess we’re going back to Dish, then. Wish Apple would just effing hurry up with the new Apple TV platform.

I long for the days their release schedules were more unpredictable.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #54 of 56

I long for the days their release schedules were more unpredictable.

Is it predictable when the next Apple TV will be released? We’ve never had a real schedule for updates.

post #55 of 56
Icahn loves Apple and unlike most of you, he is putting his money where his mouth is. Are you jealous because you will never be able to make the money he makes?
post #56 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by castcore View Post

Are you people morons? Icahn loves Apple and unlike most of you, he is putting his money where his mouth is. Are you sorry saps jealous because you will never be able to make the money he makes?

Could you show some evidence to us jealous sorry saps of Icahn having any interest in Apple outside its clear ability to generate revenue and profits, being heavily undervalued, and generally being a great investment for those wanting to make a lot of money on a stock investment?

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Investor Carl Icahn buys another $1.65B in Apple stock as shares head toward 7-for-1 split