or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple taps Innolux to fill orders for 4.7" 'iPhone 6' displays

Rumor: Apple taps Innolux to fill orders for 4.7" 'iPhone 6' displays - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

Can't wait for this 4.7" iPhone. I'll be waiting outside the Apple store for this one, for sure.

I don't understand this mentality. I've been fully entrenched in the Apple ecosystem for years. My 5 will be eligible for an upgrade when the 6 comes out, and I will eventually get it once the couple or three months of hubbub and problems die off. Isn't it nice to not be on a waiting list and just leisurely stroll into your store and get whatever you want in stock?

post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxtar40 View Post

I don't understand this mentality. I've been fully entrenched in the Apple ecosystem for years. My 5 will be eligible for an upgrade when the 6 comes out, and I will eventually get it once the couple or three months of hubbub and problems die off. Isn't it nice to not be on a waiting list and just leisurely stroll into your store and get whatever you want in stock?

Haha!! Fair enough, my friend. I guess I was just speaking somewhat rhetorically, so I may not be there EXACTLY as soon as the store opens... 😉 I think I was just trying to dramatize how much I am looking forward to upsizing. 👍 I'm still using an old iPhone 4 and even though it still works perfectly fine and I am definitely enjoying the iOS 7.1 upgrades, with many of the current apps and functionality it is finally beginning to show its age.
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post

You are delusional if you think a 4" iPhone would outsell a 4.7" iPhone. The only way that might occur is if the 4.7" was priced significantly higher. I hope there are a lot more people out there with your thinking otherwise I won't be able to sell my gold 5s for much money when I put it on Ebay to buy the 4.7" iPhone 6. 

You are making a very common mistake if you believe all current 4" iPhone owners approve or support a 4" simply because they own one. I bought my 5s IN SPITE of my gripe over the small display not because I like it. Apple quality in key aspects of the hardware fit and finish and iOS were simply more important to me than display size. I seriously doubt I am alone. 

What are your assertions based on, other than personal belief?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #44 of 52
Quote:

Haha!! Fair enough, my friend. I guess I was just speaking somewhat rhetorically, so I may not be there EXACTLY as soon as the store opens... 😉 I think I was just trying to dramatize how much I am looking forward to upsizing. 👍 I'm still using an old iPhone 4 and even though it still works perfectly fine and I am definitely enjoying the iOS 7.1 upgrades, with many of the current apps and functionality it is finally beginning to show its age.

In that case, deserved pole position on release day. :-)

post #45 of 52
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
What are your assertions based on, other than personal belief?

Delusion, as he himself said.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #46 of 52
Quote:

Can't wait for this 4.7" iPhone. I'll be waiting outside the Apple store for this one, for sure.

Firstly, you say that you can't wait for this 4.7" iPhone, then you say that you'll be waiting outside the Apple Store for it. Which is it? Can wait or can't wait? Or did you change your mind quickly?
Edited by Benjamin Frost - 5/21/14 at 5:21pm
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Firstly, you say that you can't wait for this 4.7" iPhone, then you say that you'll be waiting outside the Apple Store for it. Which is it? Or did you change your mind quickly?

Har har, you guys are too much. 😝 Making fun of my English. I guess that I am so looking forward to this iPhone that I am willing to actually wait in line for it on launch day for the first time in my entire life for any product ever and I am assuming this would afford me the greatest chance of getting it at the soonest possible moment. But we'll see how it goes. Like I mentioned to roxtar40, my 4 is finally starting to show its age. Not because it isn't still working perfectly, because it most certainly is (I am currently posting this very message on it, for example), but iOS 7 just demands a little too much from the old hardware. I have always wanted a little bigger screen too, and it seems to me that 4.7" would be perfect. Any bigger would be far too cumbersome. Seems like a pretty good time to finally upgrade.
post #48 of 52

Does all of you really believe this rumor of Apple is going to hit the market by two models of iPhone 6; one will be having the size of 4.7' and the other one with 5.5' is that really possible.

post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvitheprime View Post

Does all of you really believe this rumor of Apple is going to hit the market by two models of iPhone 6; one will be having the size of 4.7' and the other one with 5.5' is that really possible.

I am expecting a 4.7" as well as an upgrade to the 4" iPhone 5s. I believe that anything bigger is just some random factory worker somewhere trying to get attention.
post #50 of 52
Originally Posted by prithvitheprime View Post

Nope.

I believe in a 4.7” 8th iPhone and a 5.5” iPod touch.

post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:

Nope.

I believe in a 4.7” 8th iPhone and a 5.5” iPod touch.

So my random suggestion of naming it iPhone 8 instead of 6 is grounded in logic! I'd forgotten it was actually no. 8 this year.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #52 of 52

Matters to me!!!!!!!!!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Apple taps Innolux to fill orders for 4.7" 'iPhone 6' displays