or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google usurps Apple as world's most valuable brand name, report says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google usurps Apple as world's most valuable brand name, report says - Page 3

post #81 of 198
"Top BrandZ"? "Business Insider"? LOL!

I reject the premise of this story based on these two factors alone.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #82 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Teeth have been properly gnashed. 1biggrin.gif But lets be honest, if Apple topped this list we'd all be crowing about it.

 

You're absolutely correct. If Apple were reported as on top, we'd be having a totally different conversation. Some people here just can't take Apple criticism. 

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply
post #83 of 198
Quote:
"Google has been extremely innovative this year with Google Glass, investments in artificial intelligence and a range of partnerships," said Benoit Tranzer, regional managing director of Millward Brown Europe. "All these activities send a very strong signal to consumers about the essence of Google."
 

Yes indeed!  :smokey:

 

 

 

http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/google-glassholes-are-getting-booted-from-sf-bars

 

There are many many more ...

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

Reply

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

Reply
post #84 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post
 

 

You're absolutely the definition of an AppleFan Boy who can't admit when Apple is screwing up. You're too far into the koolaid. 

 

BTW...like my signature??? 

Yes, we like your signature ;)

 

And we understand your comment and waiting for more from Apple .... so google and samsung can copy the next big thing to make wall street and these so-called market researchers more excited!! ;)

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

Reply

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

Reply
post #85 of 198
"Usurps"?
I thought it meant "illegally take the crown"...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #86 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One (M8), Amazon Fire TV, Surface Pro 3 are betas? Really?
No they are crap.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #87 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbia View Post

Yes indeed!  1smoking.gif





http://drinkwire.liquor.com/post/google-glassholes-are-getting-booted-from-sf-bars

There are many many more ...
I hope smartphones are banned too. They contain highly advanced sensors, and have been used for massively more mischief than (failed product) Goo Glass.

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

 

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Reply
post #88 of 198

Give me a break. Look at the list...how does a company like Visa improve it's image with consumers by 41% in a single year? What kind of innovation did Coca-Cola bring to the table??? 

post #89 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

No they are crap.
You've used them all and came to that conclusion? I haven't used any of them so wouldn't know.
Edited by Rogifan - 5/21/14 at 6:25am
post #90 of 198
And just now usurpers are dying like flies.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #91 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

"Usurps"?
I thought it meant "illegally take the crown"...

Or by force. The legality of it can be subjective.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #92 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryn Lowe View Post

So what legitimate products has Google produced this year that you can buy over the counter that involve AI?

Ohhhh riiiiight

 

AdSense

post #93 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

[


And calling anyone who questions Apple's product release schedule a concern troll is pathetic too.

In 2008 Apple announced brand new MacBook Air in Q1, in Q2 they updated iMac and released iPhone 3G, in Q3 they announced new iPods and in Q4 they announced new unibody MacBooks.

In 2009 Apple updated the Mac line and introduced new iPod shuffle in Q1, in Q2 they announced iPhone 3GS, in Q3 they announced new iPods and updated iTunes, in Q4 they announced new iMacs.

In 2010 Apple announced the brand new iPad in Q1, iPhone 4 in Q2, new iMac, Mac Pro, Cinema Display, iPods and Apple TV in Q3 and new MacBook Air in Q4.

I could go back further but I don't need to. Fact is Apple releasing products across all 4 quarters was the norm in years past. I don't consider any of those products shitty or half assed. Was Apple just another cookie-cutter tech company back then? I would like to see Apple get back to a scheduled like this vs. trying to cram almost everything in in September and October.

He's not calling just anyone with your behavior pattern a concern troll, he's calling YOU that.

Your last big gassy concern issue was about Apple's lateness to the big screen phone game. Both concern issues are based on the same thing: your IGNORANCE of the technical issues that govern Apple's release "schedules."

Hint: there is no schedule anymore, because complexity now rules. We will see with the next wave of displays, for example, how Apple has to shuffle suppliers to take advantage of competencies in LTPS or IGZO or touch screen films or whatever, about which none of us, especially you, have any idea.

You can't kvetch about things you don't like, or pretend not to like, while you know nothing about the cause, without looking like a clueless old woman. And I hate to insult old women that way, but so it goes with you
post #94 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

He's not calling just anyone with your behavior pattern a concern troll, he's calling YOU that.

Your last big gassy concern issue was about Apple's lateness to the big screen phone game. Both concern issues are based on the same thing: your IGNORANCE of the technical issues that govern Apple's release "schedules."

Hint: there is no schedule anymore, because complexity now rules. We will see with the next wave of displays, for example, how Apple has to shuffle suppliers to take advantage of competencies in LTPS or IGZO or touch screen films or whatever, about which none of us, especially you, have any idea.

You can't kvetch about things you don't like, or pretend not to like, while you know nothing about the cause, without looking like a clueless old woman. And I hate to insult old women that way, but so it goes with you
And you DO know? How is what you just posted anything more than speculation? And how is it that only Apple seems to be constrained by technical issues? Complexity only rules for Apple? And complexity didn't exist when Apple had product releases scattered across the year? I'm sorry I think that's BS. But hey if you have some sources you can link to that explain all of the complexities around making the iPhone screen bigger (and why it's so much easier for everyone else to do) I'll gladly read them so I'm no longer clueless. 1smile.gif
post #95 of 198
About that product release schedule....why DID Apple move everything to one big quarter of announcements?

They started doing this a couple years ago. Hmmm. I do wonder why.

Maybe they have 3 other entire categories of goods they will announce for the other three quarters? Like, Health and wearables in spring, education whizbang devices in summer and phones/computers/tablets in fall and winter?

Or, maybe they are just releasing everything at once so the predators can only eat once while the rest scamper away to safety. That's what Nature does, just sayin'...1biggrin.gif
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
Reply
What is really factored into the price is a kind of perpetual sense of disbelief that any company could be as good as Apple is. ~Retrogusto
Reply
post #96 of 198
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
But lets be honest, if Apple topped this list we'd all be crowing about it.

 

Yes. Because then the chart would be showing truth, not a lie. I don’t really see your point.

 

Originally Posted by genovelle View Post
Please name one successful product that Google has created. Search, bought it. Android Bought it.  Maps, bought it.

 

You can’t use that as a metric. Apple purchased iTunes, Final Cut, Logic, and Maps. They then built them, fully, into what we see today.

 

Having said that, I can’t think of a single successful product Google has created.

 

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post
"Top BrandZ"?

 

Yeah, MacRulez finally got over his depression of being banned and started his own website.

 

Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

You're absolutely the definition of an AppleFan Boy who can't admit when Apple is screwing up. You're too far into the koolaid.

 

Maybe uh… you could tell us where Apple “screwed up”, then, since you seem to know more about it than anyone else.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
post #97 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by foregoneconclusion View Post
 

What kind of innovation did Coca-Cola bring to the table??? 

 

Smaller cans and a green can with a different type of artificial sweetener, Stevia which is apparently banned in the US which is why it is currently confined to Argentina and Chile.

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #98 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnbob1 View Post
 


Yes, we all miss Steve. NOW GET OVER IT! Tim Cook has actually done great things at Apple. The financials are some of the best ever. The iPhone 5s is the most advanced phone on the market with Touch ID, A7 64-bit processor (first to market and with OS and app implementations), M7 coprocessor (amazing capabilities), world class camera and flash (remember quality is not measured in pixels). The best tablets, iPad Air is the lightest, thinnest, fastest and the Mini now has Retina display. The iPad line has the best battery life of most of the industry. iOS 7 despite it's original problems is now stable and one of the best versions of iOS. The MacBook lineup has almost all switched to Retina displays and increased battery life. The Mac Pro is a technology giant assembled in the USA. Some things that you can't see because they happen on host servers that are accessed by the iOS devices, Siri is more accurate and has more capabilities and mapping and routing is more accurate. Siri will actually use traffic, accident reports, and construction to give you the fastest routes. I have used it several times in the past week and she is spot on.

 

From the constant harping about the supposed "failure" of Apple's iPhone 5c, you'd think the phone is selling poorly. It actually outsold every Blackberry, every Windows Phone and every Android flagship in the winter quarter, including Samsung's Galaxy S4. And Apple made high profit on it.

 

Under Tim's leadership Apple has issued stock dividends and stock buybacks to increase shareholder value. Apple continues to be the most profitable company in the world by selling premium products and not compromising itself by getting into the low end low profit products. Steve would never allow that to happen and neither would Tim. It drives the analysts crazy because they think Apple needs the cheap phones to compete for market share. Steve once said "Market share does not equal profit". Tim has the same belief.

 

According to rumors there are some interesting products coming from Apple. The strongest rumors are for iPhones with larger displays. Possibly a new processor, NFC, and who knows what other surprises. iOS 8 is supposed to be announce at the developers conference next month with a bunch of under the hood features with (hopefully) an API for using SIRI in a 3rd party app. Rumors of a new Apple TV have been going on for quite awhile but could be stalled because of the Comcast/Time Warner merger. Steve always dreamed of getting the TV control and the cable/broadcast is the final piece to make it happen. Tim and his team have been working hard at it. A wearable device has been rumored as well. The iWatch always comes up but now I'm hearing about an in the ear device.

 

So you see, Tim is doing a pretty good job. Steve is gone. I'm sorry. We all miss him too. 

I'll just post the link to what I wrote when the news broke that they're acquiring Beats for $3.2 billion. Perhaps, you'll start to understand how to really tell how bad Cook is.

 

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/179233/apple-reportedly-nearing-3-2b-acquisition-of-beats-electronics/160#post_2530005

post #99 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

 

Maybe uh… you could tell us where Apple “screwed up”, then, since you seem to know more about it than anyone else.

 

So I guess in your eyes its perfectly okay for Apple to continuously release nothing from January-September and then in Oct, release everything they've been working on? I do realize things take time and you want to get it mostly right from the start but you have to release things throughout the year. Not everyone is going to wait until Oct to buy the next iPhone, or whatever other thing they're looking to get. Some will just say screw it and either buy the current Apple product, or buy the next best thing (or something better than what Apple offers) because they don't want to always wait until the end of the year. 

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply
post #100 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post



You can’t use that as a metric. Apple purchased iTunes, Final Cut, Logic, and Maps. They then built them, fully, into what we see today.

Having said that, I can’t think of a single successful product Google has created.
The difference is that each of these were developed to support a hardware product. With iTunes it made the iPod and iPhone possible. Final Cut, Logic, and Maps we developed because their partners refused to properly support their products on Apple's platform putting them at a disadvantage. Doing so forced them to either bring their offerings up to par or be pushed out of the Apple market.
Edited by genovelle - 5/21/14 at 7:58am
post #101 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
 

I'll just post the link to what I wrote when the news broke that they're acquiring Beats for $3.2 billion. Perhaps, you'll start to understand how to really tell how bad Cook is.

 

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/179233/apple-reportedly-nearing-3-2b-acquisition-of-beats-electronics/160#post_2530005

 

So who is a better CEO for Apple? You have no idea of the intentions of that purchase. You're making accusations based on rumors and yet you want to think that Tim is a horrible CEO and Steve would be better as if Steve never made any boneheaded moves when he was CEO. Yes, Steve was an angle and never made any mistakes. Get over it, Steve isn't here and never will be. He wasn't always perfect either and made more than his share of mistakes. People praised him so much typically his mistakes got blown over. Thats the problem. 

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Reply
post #102 of 198

I guess I just don't understand the metrics that contribute to "brand value". I'm not sure anyone knows for sure exactly what goes in to determining the rankings, outside of the ad agency that does the rankings.  I remember a year or two ago when Cisco was in the top ten, above Disney. When I saw that, it told me they were ranking the companies in some screwy way, because I'd wager 90% of the people in any local mall in the USA have never heard of Cisco (or they think it's a vegetable shortning). But 90% or more of any demographic knows Disney and their products.  So what makes a brand valuable? To whom? And why should we even discuss it in AI?

post #103 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post
 

 

So who is a better CEO for Apple? You have no idea of the intentions of that purchase. You're making accusations based on rumors and yet you want to think that Tim is a horrible CEO and Steve would be better as if Steve never made any boneheaded moves when he was CEO. Yes, Steve was an angle and never made any mistakes. Get over it, Steve isn't here and never will be. He wasn't always perfect either and made more than his share of mistakes. People praised him so much typically his mistakes got blown over. Thats the problem. 

I don't think you understand. Steve was a startup founder.  He knows all of the ins and outs that comes with that.  Those quirks such as never paying a dividend, hoarding cash, keeping secrets, doing his own presentation, etc. Are all strategic.  He's not doing it just because he's an a-hole. Cook on the other hand, has never build anything from the ground up.  Therefore, he really has no idea, like the hundreds of other fortune 500 CEOs, how to think like a scrappy little startup CEO.  Steve always did things that way.  He prefers to do his own biz dev.  He preferred to call on other CEO's directly to negotiate deals.  Preferred to do his own demos.  That's how startup CEOs do things.  He always said that he considers Apple a startup.

 

Cook, as it increasingly appears to me, is more like Sculley. He's great at maintaining a business and running it but he can't actually build one.  These are two completely different animals.  When Sculley took over Apple, Apple was doing really well as well for a few years until it fell off a cliff because Sculley didn't know how to come up with the next thing.  Cook seems destined to repeat that pattern.  Thus far, Apple has been running on past successes.  It remains to be seen whether or not he can create any of his own.  As each year passes, it becomes increasingly likely that he's just another Sculley.

post #104 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Smaller cans and a green can with a different type of artificial sweetener, Stevia which is apparently banned in the US which is why it is currently confined to Argentina and Chile.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v80), quality = 90

Stevia banned in the US?1bugeye.gif

I've bought it at Publix, branded as Truvia IIRC, and there's products on US shelves using it as one of the "sweeteners". With that said I don't care for the taste of stevia myself.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/33964734?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227022680111&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=35387096821&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=63904556581&veh=sem
http://www.beveragedaily.com/Manufacturers/Soda-fizz-or-fizzle-out-Stevia-sweetened-Dr-Pepper-a-US-litmus-test
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #105 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

You're absolutely the definition of an AppleFan Boy who can't admit when Apple is screwing up. You're too far into the koolaid. 

BTW...like my signature??? 

How are they screwing up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

And you DO know? How is what you just posted anything more than speculation? And how is it that only Apple seems to be constrained by technical issues? Complexity only rules for Apple? And complexity didn't exist when Apple had product releases scattered across the year?

Difference is Apple cares about compromises while the others release half-assed products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post

I don't think you understand. Steve was a startup founder.  He knows all of the ins and outs that comes with that.  Those quirks such as never paying a dividend, hoarding cash, keeping secrets, doing his own presentation, etc. Are all strategic.  He's not doing it just because he's an a-hole. Cook on the other hand, has never build anything from the ground up.  Therefore, he really has no idea, like the hundreds of other fortune 500 CEOs, how to think like a scrappy little startup CEO.  Steve always did things that way.  He prefers to do his own biz dev.  He preferred to call on other CEO's directly to negotiate deals.  Preferred to do his own demos.  That's how startup CEOs do things.  He always said that he considers Apple a startup.

Cook, as it increasingly appears to me, is more like Sculley. He's great at maintaining a business and running it but he can't actually build one.  These are two completely different animals.  When Sculley took over Apple, Apple was doing really well as well for a few years until it fell off a cliff because Sculley didn't know how to come up with the next thing.  Cook seems destined to repeat that pattern.  Thus far, Apple has been running on past successes.  It remains to be seen whether or not he can create any of his own.  As each year passes, it becomes increasingly likely that he's just another Sculley.

Blah blah blah. So are you a start-up guy or a CEO headhunter? Is every company calling you for CEO advice? What, no? What a shocker.

You have no fucking clue what goes on at Apple.

Oh and btw, NeXT and Pixar weren't overnight successes. He relied on his team
post #106 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Wasn't
Your concern trolling is getting so fucking old. There was a report about a week ago about how Apple is still the most valuable brand in the world by far, and has actually gone up in brand value the past year compare to other companies. You think these actually mean anything? You think Apple should release shit simply to "keep themselves in the news "? Thank god you have nothing to do with running the company, cause that's a shit mentality.

Since when has such a vulgar display of vocabulary been allowed on AI?
PAZUZU finds it most offensive.
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
post #107 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
 

I don't think you understand. Steve was a startup founder.  He knows all of the ins and outs that comes with that.  Those quirks such as never paying a dividend, hoarding cash, keeping secrets, doing his own presentation, etc. Are all strategic.  He's not doing it just because he's an a-hole. Cook on the other hand, has never build anything from the ground up.  Therefore, he really has no idea, like the hundreds of other fortune 500 CEOs, how to think like a scrappy little startup CEO.  Steve always did things that way.  He prefers to do his own biz dev.  He preferred to call on other CEO's directly to negotiate deals.  Preferred to do his own demos.  That's how startup CEOs do things.  He always said that he considers Apple a startup.

 

Cook, as it increasingly appears to me, is more like Sculley. He's great at maintaining a business and running it but he can't actually build one.  These are two completely different animals.  When Sculley took over Apple, Apple was doing really well as well for a few years until it fell off a cliff because Sculley didn't know how to come up with the next thing.  Cook seems destined to repeat that pattern.  Thus far, Apple has been running on past successes.  It remains to be seen whether or not he can create any of his own.  As each year passes, it becomes increasingly likely that he's just another Sculley.


Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. Who do you think was right there with Steve every step of the way? Who helped him negotiate the pieces needed for the  next thing? Who was 100% on-board with Steve's strategies and continues them even after his death? Steve hand picked Tim for a reason. He knew Apple was going into a new phase and needed someone who could handle it. Sculley was a corporate goon that didn't understand the Apple culture. He did stupid things like license Mac/OS to OEM's and cut back staff to make more profit. Research and development was at it's lowest. Sales, earnings per share, and profit were so poor the company was on the verge of collapsing. It was almost as if he was working for Microsoft or IBM (they still sold PC's back then) to get rid of Apple. Under Tim profits are the highest of any major corporation, earnings continue to be among the highest, and sales are still increasing in a market segment said to be saturated. Tim refuses to compromise Apple's reputation and lower it's standards and profits by competing in the low end, low cost phone and tablet market. This drives the analysts nuts because they say that Apple is losing market share. Steve once said "market share does not equal profit". I think Tim follows that same mantra. Even the so-called 5c "failure" sold more units that Blackberry, all Windows phones, and Samsung Galaxay S4's combined in the winter quarter with a healthy profit. Some companies would love to have such a failure. The iPhone 5s is a technology step forward that will set the standard toward future products. The iPhone 6 and iOS 8 will go even further. Tim follows Steve's rule about not compromising Apple's standards on sacrificing performance and usability for new products. Is there an iWatch in development? most likely but maybe battery life is an issue or connectivity or maybe biosensors, or who knows. A new Apple TV? We now know that Apple was working with Time Warner but since the merger talks it's on hold. Steve always had a dream of controlling the TV, obviously Tim has continued to pursue that. Cable/broadcast is the missing link. A lot has changed since Steve's death and Tim has had to change the ballgame to his own. Some say Apple isn't innovating. But are others doing it? Samsung's watch was a rush to market failure that if Apple had done it would have been seen as a colossal failure. Google comes out with glasses that cause massive headaches and aren't ready for primetime and may never be or the public might reject them. But they still seem to get press. Google talks about a secret jetpack program that was scrapped and the world goes gaga. Don't ever compare Tim Cook to Sculley. Compare Sculley to Ballmer.

post #108 of 198
What an absolute crock of BS - very few people even know about these mentioned "innovations"by Google, much less care. The continued high purchase intent and usage patterns of the iPhone alone are a clear indication that this brand analysis is laughable.
post #109 of 198
Two things
Apple should have sued Google when they had a chance.
Apple should have bought a studio as Hollywood has shut them out of content. Every blu-ray purchased the last 2 years includes an Ultra-Violet copy NOT an iTunes copy. Beats is not the answer.
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
post #110 of 198
What an absolute crock of BS - very few people even know about these mentioned "innovations"by Google, much less care. The continued high purchase intent and usage patterns of the iPhone alone are a clear indication that this brand analysis is laughable.
post #111 of 198
Somewhat related: Google does unique and creative little links above the search box each day, Underneath today's is a shortcut to "50 things you didn't know you could do with Google". One that caught my eye right away was recalling a sent email. There's been a few times that would have been useful.

https://www.google.com/get/googletips
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #112 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Two things
Apple should have sued Google when they had a chance.
Apple should have bought a studio as Hollywood has shut them out of content. Every blu-ray purchased the last 2 years includes an Ultra-Violet copy NOT an iTunes copy. Beats is not the answer.

1. Nope. A studio doesn't do Apple any good
2. Disney blurays comes with iTunes copy. You can also go to iTunes directly.
3. Rumor isn't confirmed but I trust Apple has its reasons.
post #113 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
 

I'll just post the link to what I wrote when the news broke that they're acquiring Beats for $3.2 billion. Perhaps, you'll start to understand how to really tell how bad Cook is.

 

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/179233/apple-reportedly-nearing-3-2b-acquisition-of-beats-electronics/160#post_2530005


Why would I understand anything from something you wrote based on conjecture for a deal that hasn't been finalized and the intentions of how Beats will be integrated into Apple are known only to a few within Beats and Apple. 

 

I've read stories of good and bad. The bad seem to be somewhat misinformed about the capabilities of Beats and it's founders. Some are interesting and very possible and well worth the money paid. One strategy that I've seen is that Apple will rebrand Beats to take it's iTunes Radio to other platforms like Android and Windows Phone and get better pricing from the music industry. One rumor, which I don't give a lot of credibility right now, is to bring the iTunes Store to other platforms to expand the iTunes music ecosystem to Android and Windows Phone. Microsoft and Apple have been playing nice lately so it could come to Windows Phone first to see if it helps boost sales.

 

We will all have to wait and see what happens. In the near term when the transaction is final I don't think anything will change except maybe the headphones might be rebranded with Apple in some way. Tim Cook has been pretty frugal with acquisition money so this must be pretty strategic whether you believe it or not.

post #114 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

So I guess in your eyes its perfectly okay for Apple to continuously release nothing from January-September and then in Oct, release everything they've been working on? I do realize things take time and you want to get it mostly right from the start but you have to release things throughout the year. Not everyone is going to wait until Oct to buy the next iPhone, or whatever other thing they're looking to get. Some will just say screw it and either buy the current Apple product, or buy the next best thing (or something better than what Apple offers) because they don't want to always wait until the end of the year. 
Didn't you know there are all these technical complexities that prevent Apple from announcing things other than in September and October? /s
post #115 of 198
Google has a clear strategy: they want to collect as much data and display as many relevant ads as possible. Then they want to free you of doing stuff like driving so you can keep providing data and looking at ads. That is why google wants innovation and content outside around their core strategy to be FREE.

It is important to know why Google grew 40%, clearly they most be doing some stuff right. Not that here in AI we can find what, we focus mostly on the things they do wrong or what evil they do. They have had a fair share of failure, but they attempt to get into as many things as possible to see were they can be successful. Success for them is collect data and print ads.
post #116 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post
 

 

So I guess in your eyes its perfectly okay for Apple to continuously release nothing from January-September and then in Oct, release everything they've been working on? I do realize things take time and you want to get it mostly right from the start but you have to release things throughout the year. Not everyone is going to wait until Oct to buy the next iPhone, or whatever other thing they're looking to get. Some will just say screw it and either buy the current Apple product, or buy the next best thing (or something better than what Apple offers) because they don't want to always wait until the end of the year. 

What are you, 3 years old? If I can't have it now I don't want it! Is that how you see the rest of the world too! Apple is going to release products on their schedule not yours. Product releases depend on a lot of factors and I'm guessing Apple is not trying to punish you or anyone else or are they trying to screw up. A once a year release cycle is not unheard of for quality products. Other low cost phone vendors release more often because they add a new feature for a carrier or a design change to take care of a faulty part.

post #117 of 198
Any attempt to assess brand value is subjective. Some data and methodology is used in an attempt to make it look scientific, but in the end it is very similar to People Magazine's Most Beautiful People Award. It is nice to be on the list but it means nothing.
post #118 of 198
Which innovative google products again?

Since you are a research agency.. Can u please research where they sell these wonderful innovations by google.. And how much sales they have had through these phenomenal innovations ?

Another paid PR article by a pimple nosed Bogus Research firm .
Amazing how theses people can actually stay in business !

How many products is apple researching in their labs?
post #119 of 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWilliams87 View Post

Apple's research facility is more secretive than Google's.

Google is only open about research that's inconsequential... which is most of it.

post #120 of 198
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

So I guess in your eyes its perfectly okay for Apple to continuously release nothing from January-September and then in Oct, release everything they've been working on?

 

Yep.

 

Because I’m 100% certain that Apple Inc. knows more about what it is doing than you do.

 
…you have to release things throughout the year.

 

Obviously you don’t, since Apple isn’t.

 
Not everyone is going to wait until Oct to buy the next iPhone…

 

Yes. They are. Because iPhones have always been released one per year. 

 
Some will just say screw it and either buy the current Apple product…

 

So then they buy an Apple product. Apple’s supposed to not want that?

 
or buy the next best thing…

 

Anyone who knows to wait–or knows about waiting–isn’t stupid enough to do that.

 
(or something better than what Apple offers)

 

*snort*

 
…because they don’t want to always wait until the end of the year. 

 

So, again, they buy a current Apple product instead. This is somehow bad for Apple?

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google usurps Apple as world's most valuable brand name, report says