or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Bounden delays iOS to Android port after finding many Google phones' gyroscopes don't work

Bounden delays iOS to Android port after finding many Google phones' gyroscopes don't work - Page 3

post #81 of 90
Originally Posted by sltiedeman View Post
Can we possibly get passed the ripped off IP diatribe? 

Only once people start comprehending it.

Steve Jobs famously ripped off Xerox IP but who cares?

You don’t care enough to know the truth, at least.

Everyone is ripping off everyone.

“Everyone does it, therefore it is okay.” What a system of morality (heck, what a legal code!) that is. I guess you’d be 100% fine with legalized murder if enough people did it.

Is it blind luck Iphones have a drop down notification panel just like Android had for years.

No, because Apple designed that a decade before Android existed.

If future IPads run simultaneous apps side by side will you be up in arms at Samsung?

No, because Apple had that decades before Samsung knew what a computer was.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

But neither of these sayings has anything to do with anything, nor are they foundations for law or society.

…current IPhones would not be as great as they are were it not for Android.

That can’t really be said. You’re basically trying to say, “Your insurance wouldn’t have paid for you to get a new flat screen TV if I hadn’t stolen your CRT!” I’m not sure how that, even if valid, would help you in any way.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #82 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic View Post

bfd.  everyone knows who DED's aliases are.  Who cares.   John Kirk writes articles for Techpinions and posts under an assumed name.  He also posts on PED's Fortune page Apple 2.0 under Falkirk.  Again who cares.  Everyone knows who he is and it isn't like DED is denying who he is when he posts under corrections.

everyone? who is "everyone"? i didn't know until today and i've been here more than a couple minutes. what other aliases does he use? want to be treated like a professional? act like one, for starters.
"Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013
"Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013
post #83 of 90

Wow! so lots of Android kit has faulty or even fake gyroscopes!!! Aren't there legal implications of this, at the very least? in UK  we have laws against faking goods. I think that this matter should be investigated. What phone makers use Android - hmmmmmm!

post #84 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

really? that's your response? you steal content from others, pass it off as your own, post comments to those articles anonymously, and then you complain when someone calls you on it? sounds about right. welcome to ai, folks.

Corrections made a correction, the name seems somehow apt.

So WTF are you whining about?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #85 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatrix View Post

Wow! so lots of Android kit has faulty or even fake gyroscopes!!! Aren't there legal implications of this, at the very least? in UK  we have laws against faking goods. I think that this matter should be investigated. What phone makers use Android - hmmmmmm!

If you can't innovate, emulate.

post #86 of 90

I don't think that 'emulation' has any legal validity either in the UK or the USA unless abiding by the copyright or licensing laws. Also, there may be a case to be made against a manufacturer or supplier if the product doesn't do what it says 'on the tin'.

post #87 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatrix View Post

I don't think that 'emulation' has any legal validity either in the UK or the USA unless abiding by the copyright or licensing laws. Also, there may be a case to be made against a manufacturer or supplier if the product doesn't do what it says 'on the tin'.

Emulation of hardware in software, then misrepresenting that the hardware exists.

Although it would be more a case of misleading by omission if someone believes a feature is present when it isn't..

post #88 of 90
The Chinese android phone makers didn't have very good skill to make good quality phones.
post #89 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastowe View Post

The Chinese android phone makers didn't have very good skill to make good quality phones.

That is the majority of Android's "marketshare", especially in tablets.

post #90 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastowe View Post

Nowadays all you need is source for the right SOC and put Android in it and you are good to go.

Don't be surprised what you have in 5s is not that dissimilar to any other phones out there.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Bounden delays iOS to Android port after finding many Google phones' gyroscopes don't work
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Bounden delays iOS to Android port after finding many Google phones' gyroscopes don't work