or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple scuttlebutt spurs Samsung to seek sapphire solutions for smartphones

Apple scuttlebutt spurs Samsung to seek sapphire solutions for smartphones - Page 3

post #81 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Apple's not trying to make smart glasses that I'm aware of.  They've made no mention of even wanting to make one.

I would be very surprised if there is even anything in the lab at this point. I just don't see the technology being there to even allow for a reasonable early HW designs. You might as well lump that in with Apple-brand personal wormholes.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #82 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I would be very surprised if there is even anything in the lab at this point. I just don't see the technology being there to even allow for a reasonable early HW designs. You might as well lump that in with Apple-brand personal wormholes.

I'm sure they've screwed around with it at some point, but probably ditched it because they realized making a Google Glass type product was foolish and wouldn't become a big enough to bother with it.

post #83 of 90
Originally Posted by tastowe View Post
Why the apple are far behind on the smart glasses, smart watch, TVs and Liquidmedal. So they didn't have a skill to make to new products

It’s kind of hard to be behind in categories in which you aren’t.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

post #84 of 90
Originally Posted by JeffDenver View Post
And what is the actual end result? You saw in the video...the Nexus 5 is already beating the best iPhone despite the fact that the iPhone is already running in 64-bit. Despite all theses supposed drawbacks, Android is still faster, and it is not even running on ART yet. 

STOP. PRETENDING. THAT. OPENING. APPS. IS. INDICATIVE. OF. ACTUAL. PERFORMANCE.

They have no competition

To clarify, for the benefit of viewers just tuning in, you believe that Apple has no competition not because Android is terrible nor because it’s a stolen product, but because Apple is the only company that makes iOS devices, correct? And since there are multiple companies making Android devices, Samsung has competition. Am I right in your interpretation?

Apple has painted themselves into a corner. There is a limit to how much they can adapt because they have a significant portion of their user base that is very resistant to change. Ironically, because Apple conditioned them to be that way. 

Been in a coma since 1997?

Yeah, Apple definitely does not do buzzwords (*cough* retina display *cough cough*) 

That ban doesn’t seem to have taught you anything.

post #85 of 90

Apple has no competition because Apple is the only source for iOS devices. 

Thank you for clarifying. You are completely insane.

What ban?

Don’t pretend to be more ignorant than we already know you are.

post #86 of 90
How is it I am able to post if I am banned? Maybe it's a typo. 

No, you were banned and it has been lifted.

post #87 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Let's see it load 64bit Apps like this:-

Fantastic app.
post #88 of 90
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #89 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Could this be better than sapphire? Looks like it may make it to smartphones within months.
http://www.uakron.edu/im/online-newsroom/news_details.dot?newsId=118f583a-986c-497c-b45d-c3ea152cd362&crumbTitle=Shatterproof%20screens%20that%20save%20smartphones

I wonder how hard it is, i.e. scratchable?

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #90 of 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

I wonder how hard it is, i.e. scratchable?

That's what I came to ask. The fact that the term hardness or scratchability isn't mentioned once is a huge red flag to me.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple scuttlebutt spurs Samsung to seek sapphire solutions for smartphones