or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung set to unveil smart watch that makes calls without a paired phone - report

Samsung set to unveil smart watch that makes calls without a paired phone - report - Page 2

post #41 of 86
Samsung will someday invent "the next big thing" by chance and brute force. But this isn't it.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #42 of 86

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #43 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Lose the captions, and you will make Roy Doty proud. ;) 

"Inspirational phrase here." - Person you never heard of here.

"Inspirational phrase here." - Person you never heard of here.

post #44 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by chabig View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8jsDWV8YpQ

I watched this video. God, I just.....geezus. 

post #45 of 86

Next thing you know, people might actually add audio to test messaging. Wait....what?

post #46 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroy6 View Post

Dick Tracy lives!

I can't decide if this is more Dick Tracy or Maxwell Smart.  ;) 

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

post #47 of 86
Quote:

lol....wow, that commercial was terrible. 

post #48 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd514 View Post

It is interesting to see Samsung always updating the Smartwatch technology.

I am ready to change my Samsung Gear 2 for a Samsung Gear Solo. With phone and GPS more all the technology already in the Gear 2 the Samsung Gear Solo will be a great tool for all short of activities.

Thanks Samsung for not only going for top money investment and continue to bring technology that makes life fun and easier.

An other proof that Samsung is the coolest technology company.

you are a Korean orphan being held hostage in Samsung corporate headquarters.
post #49 of 86
won't work...battery life.
post #50 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamh View Post

I don't think that's what Apple is doing.  I think they know what they want it to do and they're incorporating what's needed into the next version of iOS and MacOS.  My guess is the iWatch will be more of a partner to the phone than anything Samsung has offered.  Perhaps the watch will be another factor for unlocking the phone.  I expect it will be bundle of sensors to feed additional data to the phone and display notifications from the phone.  I don't think the primary functions will be things people don't want or need to do. Suppose the watch will also seamlessly interface with MacOS as well and bring cool new functions to the computer? We should get a good idea at the developers conference.

Well, walking and running, it's problematic in a variety of ways to have to touch some attached device like an iPhone in an armband, or a smart-watch on the wrist to do stuff.
I'm hoping that Apple's entry into the "quantified person" market will be a little more usable - maybe using Siri technology, with Bluetooth, to provide a more voice-driven UI.
Sure, the hard data and stats will be available on the watch/phone when needed, but in real-time we need hands-free, wearable technology.

post #51 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler82 View Post

Who uses watches anymore anyways? I really hope this iWatch rumor is just that- a rumor. Talk about a product that couldn't induce any more yawns. Everybody carries their phones with them at all times. And it has a watch on it. This is a fad that will die quickly.

I hate watches. They give you weird tan markings. They stink badly if you wear them all the time. They are heavy and get in the way when you are writing, get stuck in your sleeves, get stuck when you take your jacket off. 

Unless you are 45+ and own a clean platinum or gold watch as purely a status symbol, they have no use. The iPhone already does everything and more than a smart watch, has a bigger screen, and you don't look like a tard when you use it. I'm sure they would sell a bunch. Just like Google's glasses. But a sucker is born every minute..

Not Swiss?

I'll give it a miss.

Wearing this watch made in 2000 at the moment worth around six Galaxy S5's, waterproof to 5000 feet, nice engineering.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #52 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadMonk View Post

you are a Korean orphan being held hostage in Samsung corporate headquarters.

No, I am a French Canadian living in an emancipated country.

But I can understand your point, if I was kept under a hut built by Apple somewhere in usa I could be blinded too.

Look somewhere else, try something else and enjoy it.

There is a life without Apple.

Samsung made cool product that will help you enjoy life.
post #53 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

Did that weirdo kiss his phone when he found it?

post #54 of 86
Quote:

It's called a fridge.

post #55 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan17 View Post

Quote:

lol....wow, that commercial was terrible. 

Are you kidding? That was fantastic. Was that like on SNL or what? Of course when he dropped his phone wasn't the plastic back and the battery supposed to fly off?

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #56 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveN View Post

And it has a whopping ten minute talk time.

And you'll have a heat rash on your wrist just that quickly, too.

Quality isn't expensive... it's priceless.

Quality isn't expensive... it's priceless.

post #57 of 86
Quote:

-Said no one ever.
post #58 of 86

So will they clammer for, and Samsung supply, a watch with a 5" or 6" screen? 

post #59 of 86

Who wears watches anymore? That's so 20th century.

Where's the new Apple TV?

post #60 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Not Swiss?

I'll give it a miss.

Wearing this watch made in 2000 at the moment worth around six Galaxy S5's, waterproof to 5000 feet, nice engineering.

How many times a day did you look at it? Those pre smart phone days are like so Jurassic.

post #61 of 86
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Ooh! I got it. Digital sundial.

No, stay with me. It has two ambient light sensors on opposite ends of the device to get stereo light from the sun so it knows what time of day it is. :lol:

post #62 of 86

That would be what, their 5th version in a year? **** this company. These are products that do nothing but make people hate and get cynical about technology, not to mention causing great confusing. Samsung, why don't you take a fucking breath, a time-out, go back to the drawing board, and spend time designing a quality, well thought out product, instead of shitting out a new smart-watch every 2 months in order to spam everyone and keep yourself in the news? Every smartwatch they've come out with thus far has had horrible reviews, and I feel bad for anyone who has went through the frustrating experience of owning one. Samsung epitomizes useless junk, and I think their from throwing shit at the wall has already peaked. When Apple releases a larger phone they will have no wow-factor anymore, and they'e already fallen desperately behind in such key areas such as CPU and biometrics. It's all downhill from here, and I hope they keep wasting R&D effort on shit like this. 

post #63 of 86
Quote:

No, I am a French Canadian living in an emancipated country.

But I can understand your point, if I was kept under a hut built by Apple somewhere in usa I could be blinded too.

Look somewhere else, try something else and enjoy it.

There is a life without Apple.

If you need a Samsung product to  "help you enjoy life", you have some serious fucking issues.

But I'll excuse that, your english seems terrible, so I'm sure you meant to say something else. You have no excuse for such horrendous english if you're french Canadian. Maybe spend some time brushing that up, instead of wasting your energy trolling Apple boards. 

post #64 of 86
Quote:

It is interesting to see Samsung always updating the Smartwatch technology.

I am ready to change my Samsung Gear 2 for a Samsung Gear Solo. With phone and GPS more all the technology already in the Gear 2 the Samsung Gear Solo will be a great tool for all short of activities.

Thanks Samsung for not only going for top money investment and continue to bring technology that makes life fun and easier.

An other proof that Samsung is the coolest technology company.

yuo are rite! thank u so much samsung team, I was waiting this watch. Its really great user friendly and smooth! samsung is the bestest company ever, so hi tek and continue to be excellent and innovation, make my life always good with best technologies and i plan to buy next samsung product because it will be so luxury and greatness! thanks u samsungs!!

post #65 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

Brilliant marketing strategy from Samsung, squarely targeting the "awkward-antisocial-I-dont-know-how-to-talk-to-girls-so-maybe-if-I-impress-them-with-this-absurd-watch-I-have-a-chance-of-getting-laid" demographic. 

But yeah, it's one of the most classless, despicably transparent "buy our product and you'll get fucked" ads I've ever seen. And its as if they tried their hardest to make that guy is fucking creepy as possible. Tough to choose which part is the most painful, but I'd have to say its the "I just dropped my phone 1 second ago, so instead of simply looking down and picking it up I'll **** with my watch for 30 seconds to make it beep". 

post #66 of 86
Quote:

How many times a day did you look at it? Those pre smart phone days are like so Jurassic.

Ummm, when I want to know the time, especially when surfing or scuba diving.

post #67 of 86
Quote:

Quote:

Your comment was so clever, that you had to post it twice using different words? Maybe not everyone wants to pull their phones out of their pockets, unlock the phone, and put it back in their pockets (or bag/jacket/etc) whenever they need to glance at the time? Even "jurassic" devices have their uses. Why does that offend you?

Also, get rid of your useless and petty sig. Apple is not reading this forum, and will not be convinced to release an AppleTV from your signature- so who exactly are you directing it at? Noone can answer that question, o do everyone here a favor and stop forcing us to read that asinine line with every single one of your (also asinine) posts. 

post #68 of 86
Quote:

It's called a fridge.

Are you talking aboud this Smarter Breed of Samsung Fridge with an innovative WiFi-enhanced touchscreen that can access Samsung apps? And yes you can controll it with your Gear.

post #69 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

If you need a Samsung product to  "help you enjoy life", you have some serious fucking issues.

But I'll excuse that, your english seems terrible, so I'm sure you meant to say something else. You have no excuse for such horrendous english if you're french Canadian. Maybe spend some time brushing that up, instead of wasting your energy trolling Apple boards. 

Person sounds like a Samsung ad.
They're just bitter it's not Blackberry sticking it to Apple by shamelessly copying. 1smile.gif

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #70 of 86
Quote:

Thank youso much to help me with my english.

For now I am enjoying my 800$ PC computer. I just put the Samsung fastest memory in it with two Samsung SSD drive in raid 0 and it is so much faster than a 8,000$ Mac Pro that it make me very happy. 

Happiness are some time not costly.

Life is not a fight. Be cool, try Samsung technology, and enjoy.

post #71 of 86
Quote:

Are you talking aboud this Smarter Breed of Samsung Fridge with an innovative WiFi-enhanced touchscreen that can access Samsung apps? And yes you can controll it with your Gear.

No I was talking about the only thing from Samsung that is remotely close to "cool".

Their vacuum cleaners suck.

post #72 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Samsung will someday invent "the next big thing" by chance and brute force. But this isn't it.

It definitely isn't... Samsung seems to have forgotten that they already tried this before. In 2009 they launched the Watch Phone s9110.

http://sammyhub.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/s9110.jpg

It failed miserably, just like this one probably will too.

post #73 of 86
Quote:

Quote:

No I was talking about the only thing from Samsung that is remotely close to "cool".

I hope there vacuum cleaners suck! They won't be able to pick up any dirt if they don't lol
post #74 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post

I hope there vacuum cleaners suck! They won't be able to pick up any dirt if they don't lol

Quote:

For shure their vacuum suck, they have been built for that. They are pretty good sucker. Let me introduce you the The Samsung Motion Sync Vacuum Cleaner. It features a Dust Sensor that signals a red light if it detects a dusty spot. As soon as the dust has been sucked up, the light changes to green, so you can quickly move on to clean the next spot.

Have a nice day. Go for a walk. Listen to music directly from your Samsung Gear Smartwatch. Be cool.

post #75 of 86
Quote:

Brilliant marketing strategy from Samsung, squarely targeting the "awkward-antisocial-I-dont-know-how-to-talk-to-girls-so-maybe-if-I-impress-them-with-this-absurd-watch-I-have-a-chance-of-getting-laid" demographic. 

But yeah, it's one of the most classless, despicably transparent "buy our product and you'll get fucked" ads I've ever seen. And its as if they tried their hardest to make that guy is fucking creepy as possible. Tough to choose which part is the most painful, but I'd have to say its the "I just dropped my phone 1 second ago, so instead of simply looking down and picking it up I'll **** with my watch for 30 seconds to make it beep". 

Agree, and also the fact that this is one of the most sexist ads I've seen. It assumes all girls are just completely stupid about technology. This screams cultural differences from Korea but packaged with an Amercian ribbon. Terrible assumptions and just plan off base.
post #76 of 86
Quote:

For shure their vacuum suck, they have been built for that. They are pretty good sucker. Let me introduce you the The Samsung Motion Sync Vacuum Cleaner. It features a Dust Sensor that signals a red light if it detects a dusty spot. As soon as the dust has been sucked up, the light changes to green, so you can quickly move on to clean the next spot.

Is this the Dyson design inspired vac?
post #77 of 86
Quote:

Have a nice day. Go for a walk. Listen to music directly from your Samsung Gear Smartwatch. Be cool.

Folks, an up close and personal look at where some of Samsung's marketing budget goes. Insanely sad. 

post #78 of 86
Quote:

A cringeworthy video. And no way the blond chick would pull out a white Samsung phablet. In real life, she would have a white iPhone 4S with a cracked screen, but it still works.

John C. Dvorak, 2007

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #79 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Is this the Dyson design inspired vac?

Samsung is really having the "MOJO"! They have bring last technology to this sucker!

And don't tel me: with the iPhone, Apple too as been bringing technology to a lot of sucker!

I mean "technology sucker" no offense please. Technology lovers.
post #80 of 86
Quote:

Folks, an up close and personal look at where some of Samsung's marketing budget goes. Insanely sad. 

Heathrow to rebrand world's busiest terminal as 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5'

This is where Samsung's marketing budget goes.

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/article/1294694/heathrow-rebrand-worlds-busiest-terminal-terminal-samsung-galaxy-s5
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung set to unveil smart watch that makes calls without a paired phone - report