or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's current stance on patents with Android would have prevented Google from ever having existed

Google's current stance on patents with Android would have prevented Google from ever having existed - Page 4

post #121 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post

if he's the best writer on Apple in our time then god help the rest. Half of his writing is well researched and tells a good narrative the other half is off with the faries and just acts as a distraction at best or at worst denigrates his point to the worst type of fanboy rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphonious View Post

He's not the 'best writer on Apple in our time'. It's pointless reading his work for any insight because you're only ever getting one side of the story. Good writing on Apple would involve a realistic appraisal of its strengths and weaknesses. It wouldn't involve one-sided propagandising, and it certainly wouldn't involve personal attacks on people who use competing products. That's unprofessional.

When it comes to writing about Apple, I've yet to see a writer be able to "involve a realistic appraisal of its strengths and weaknesses." Everything I read is from one slant or perspective or other, and most often anti-apple or at the least totally misunderstanding Apple's corporate goals or product design.

So, when I read DED's obviously slanted and exaggerated editorials, I totally enjoy them. It's so refreshing to see something so unapologetically pro-Apple. His no-holds-barred point of view warms my cockles and I really hope he never holds back when he writes. His articles are really very well researched and entertaining to read. If you think he's writing to just provide insight then you are not enjoying the article as written. DED is not content to tease the competition or the other side but loved to jerk their chain too.

If how DED writes grinds your gears, then please don't read it. Some of us, especially myself, enjoy how he goes about goring someone else's ox.

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #122 of 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

When it comes to writing about Apple, I've yet to see a writer be able to "involve a realistic appraisal of its strengths and weaknesses." Everything I read is from one slant or perspective or other, and most often anti-apple or at the least totally misunderstanding Apple's corporate goals or product design.

So, when I read DED's obviously slanted and exaggerated editorials, I totally enjoy them. It's so refreshing to see something so unapologetically pro-Apple. His no-holds-barred point of view warms my cockles and I really hope he never holds back when he writes. His articles are really very well researched and entertaining to read. If you think he's writing to just provide insight then you are not enjoying the article as written. DED is not content to tease the competition or the other side but loved to jerk their chain too.

If how DED writes grinds your gears, then please don't read it. Some of us, especially myself, enjoy how he goes about goring someone else's ox.
CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

I don't enjoy Dilger in the same way I don't enjoy Ann Coulter.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Google's current stance on patents with Android would have prevented Google from ever having existed
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's current stance on patents with Android would have prevented Google from ever having existed