or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple begins decorating San Francisco's Moscone Center ahead of next week's WWDC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple begins decorating San Francisco's Moscone Center ahead of next week's WWDC

post #1 of 99
Thread Starter 
Construction crews have started the process of preparing San Francisco's Moscone Center for the June 2 opening of Apple's annual Worldwide Developers Conference, with the first banners going up on Tuesday.




As depicted in a photo from Twitter user KielO, the banners mirror the design of Apple's other promotional materials for the event with small, colorful app icon-style rounded squares of varying sizes arranged to form the Apple logo in negative space. They also sport the conference's 2014 slogan, "Write the code. Change the world."

Earlier Tuesday, Apple quietly announced that they would be live streaming the opening keynote to Macs, iOS devices, PCs, and the Apple TV. The company promised "exciting announcements" from the address that will begin live at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern next Monday.

May 27, 2014


Among the revelations expected during the speech are new details on Apple's next-generation operating systems, including iOS 8 and OS X 10.10. Many believe that iOS 8 will feature a focus on health and fitness tracking as well as a potential push into home automation, while OS X 10.10 is likely to get a Jony Ive-led overhaul of its user interface.

AppleInsider will be on hand at next Monday's keynote and will bring live updates from the conference throughout the week.
post #2 of 99
I like that... "Write the code. Change the world."

Very "Jobsian."

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #3 of 99

Festival starts!  Roll the drums!  

I hope, the lines for iPhones start very early (months before?) with huge number of people and embarrasses Samsung more!

post #4 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I like that... "Write the code. Change the world."

Very "Jobsian."

So much better than 2012's 'Where Great Ideas Go On To Do Great Things'. Ugh...
post #5 of 99

i predict the iWatch will control the iHome

 

I dont think people want to carry their phone through their home

post #6 of 99

What other company can get numerous articles on all the tech sites over the posters they use to decorate with, and if they have any hidden meaning?

post #7 of 99

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

post #8 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

i predict the iWatch will control the iHome

 

I dont think people want to carry their phone through their home

Though as I walk up to my home controlling certain aspects, lighting and the door locks for example, would be a convenience especially when I'm carrying a bunch of stuff.

 

Plus the larger screen would provide a better user interface for actual device controls (for ex. I prefer running my set top box off my iPad even versus my iPhone...)

post #9 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by malax View Post
 

Save the Cheerleader, Save the World

 

"Yatta!"  —Hiro Nakamura

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #10 of 99
I think the graphic is signaling one of two things:
1. Resolution independence (note the variable sized pixels)
2. IOS will be sensing the world beyond your device (the space outside the apple is now rainbow colored)
You read it here first.
Jon

Macintosh 512Ke.......

Reply

Macintosh 512Ke.......

Reply
post #11 of 99

I withdraw my pressure sensitive touch screen theory that I made in the previous thread.

 

Now that I see the full graphic, that's obviously an Apple, and not a finger as I was led to believe in the cropped image. 

post #12 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post
 

i predict the iWatch will control the iHome

 

I dont think people want to carry their phone through their home

Who the hell walks around 'controlling' their house? The idea of house control seems utterly lame to me. I like of some kind of intelligence but air con, heating, alarms, doors, and most of all lights and appliances really do not need much 'controlling' as far as I can see. The management of digital media is a different story.

post #13 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

I think the graphic is signaling one of two things:
1. Resolution independence (note the variable sized pixels)
2. IOS will be sensing the world beyond your device (the space outside the apple is now rainbow colored)
You read it here first.
Jon

3. Someone's ass is about to get incinerated by a speeding comet.

bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #14 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I like that... "Write the code. Change the world."

Very "Jobsian."

Big change from WWDC 96. It was more like, "Thanks for coming, Here's Steve Jobs, who will be special advisor to CEO Gil Amelio to tell you how Apple is gonna take on Windows with NeXTStep, the foundation of Rhapsody, the next version of Mac OS."

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #15 of 99

"Write the code. Change the world."

 

HACK THE PLANET !!

 

post #16 of 99
Well If Apple is calling it 10.10 they need to go back to school. If these tech journalists are the ones calling it 10.10, 10.1, 10.100000, it doesn't matter how many zeros are behind it, is still 10.1 Puma
post #17 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by djd214 View Post

Well If Apple is calling it 10.10 they need to go back to school. If these tech journalists are the ones calling it 10.10, 10.1, 10.100000, it doesn't matter how many zeros are behind it, is still 10.1 Puma

 

Get Bo Derek to deliver the keynote... (the kids won't 'get' that one).

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #18 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I like that... "Write the code. Change the world."

Very "Jobsian."

They probably retained many of the same writers.

post #19 of 99

The banner is done in grids and different colors clearly indicating its an app store for the Apple TV- you'd be blind not to see it

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #20 of 99

W R I T E T H E C O D E C H A N G E T H E W O R L D

 

ITCAHW

IWATCH

 

You're welcome

bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #21 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post
 

W R I T E T H E C O D E C H A N G E T H E W O R L D

 

ITCAHW

IWATCH

 

You're welcome

 

Eureka!

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #22 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

The banner is done in grids and different colors clearly indicating its an app store for the Apple TV- you'd be blind not to see it

Apple TV icons are rectangular, those are square

bb
Reply
bb
Reply
post #23 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOROM View Post

I think the graphic is signaling one of two things:
1. Resolution independence (note the variable sized pixels)
2. IOS will be sensing the world beyond your device (the space outside the apple is now rainbow colored)
You read it here first.
Jon

The squares represent an IGZO backplane matrix, mostly open space because of greater electron motility, allowing for greater pixel density, thus the need for resolution independence, as you say.

Don't know about your outside world part. Don't really know about the IGZO thing either, just guessing.
post #24 of 99

So fucking excited. 

post #25 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Apple TV icons are rectangular, those are square
Clearly a UI redesign

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #26 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by djd214 View Post

Well If Apple is calling it 10.10 they need to go back to school. If these tech journalists are the ones calling it 10.10, 10.1, 10.100000, it doesn't matter how many zeros are behind it, is still 10.1 Puma


Maybe try 10.10.0. ;)

If you want to call me names, tell me to shut up and f off...you will be ignored. I WILL NOT BE BULLIED!!
Reply
If you want to call me names, tell me to shut up and f off...you will be ignored. I WILL NOT BE BULLIED!!
Reply
post #27 of 99
Has anyone actually gone back and checked to see if these "hidden messages" in the banners actually lead to anything being announced?
post #28 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualZone View Post


Maybe try 10.10.0. 1wink.gif
10.10000000.01 would still be a version of 10.1 Puma. You can add zeros and decimals all you want.
post #29 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by djd214 View Post

10.10000000.01 would still be a version of 10.1 Puma. You can add zeros and decimals all you want.
It's a number scheme for software It doesn't have to follow the decimal system. When we're talking software '0' is for major releases and '.1' etc. is for minor releases.
post #30 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

It's a number scheme for an software It doesn't have to follow the decimal system. When we're talking software '0' is for major releases and '.1' etc. is for minor releases.
Try telling the computer it doesn't have to follow the decimal system. This is not a system Apple made up that does not have to follow an actual number system. 10.1.1 already exists it patched Puma.
post #31 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by djd214 View Post

10.10000000.01 would still be a version of 10.1 Puma. You can add zeros and decimals all you want.

THESE ARE NOT DECIMAL VALUES! BASED ON YOUR LOGIC IP ADDRESS 100.100.100.100 IS THE SAME AS 100.1.1.1! HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW FUCKING STUPID THAT SOUNDS! THESE ARE SEPARATORS BETWEEN WHOLE NUMBERS, NOT DECIMAL POINTS!
Edited by SolipsismX - 5/27/14 at 4:02pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #32 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

THESE ARE NOT DECIMAL VALUES! BASED ON YOUR LOGIC IP ADDRESS 100.100.100.100 is the same as 100.1.1.1! HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW FUCKING STUPID THAT SOUNDS! THESE ARE SEPARATORS! NOT DECIMAL POINTS!
post #33 of 99
Wrong! But nice try!
post #34 of 99
Note that @djd214 is claiming that IP address 100.100.100.100 is the same as 100.1.1.1. I'm curious what maths he learned that had multiple decimal points (how would that even work) or what computer science classes he took that taught him that a period between an IP address are fractional values of the BASE-10 whole numbers they separate.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #35 of 99
I like the picture. I see six people standing around and four people working,

...that's pretty much what I see everywhere. Good to know it's the same on the west coast. 1hmm.gif
post #36 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post



That's the new aspect ratio of the new 4K UHD Apple Thunderbolt Display¡

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #37 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by djd214 View Post

I am talking about software versions, idiot. Not ip. Apple version builds are decimal system not ip addresses. You're the fool that is talking abou IP address. 10.1 is the same as 10.10

You clearly said "Wrong" to my entire comment without making any such qualification, but regardless, you're still wrong and you still haven't stated why 100.100.100.100 should be 100.1.1.1 if it's referring to a software version and why this doesn't apply to the same whole separated by periods as in an IP address.

Those aren't decimal points because there is only ever ONE decimal point because, it's well a decimal, and yet version numbers have many periods as separators, as well as use letters, dashes, and anything else they want, because they are not decimal points.

I'm now going to repeat this in a slightly different way because your comprehension level is so very low… The separators separate WHOLE numbers. Whole numbers are numbers without a fraction. This is also known as an integer (you'll learn this if you ever get to pre-Algebra). Those whole numbers separated by periods represent a left to right system starting with the primary WHOLE number, then the secondary WHOLE number, and then the tertiary* WHOLE number, etc. Again, these don't have to be only numbers because these are not fractions. You'll often see a lowercase 'b' for Beta followed by a number appended to the end of the last whole number.

If you still think that 10.10.10 is a fraction that means 10.1.1 or 10.10.1 then show me a single mathematical value that used multiple decimal points and convert that value to prove it. Good luck!


* Yes, tertiary is a real world. At least try to look stuff up.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #38 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post


The squares represent an IGZO backplane matrix, mostly open space because of greater electron motility, allowing for greater pixel density, thus the need for resolution independence, as you say.

Don't know about your outside world part. Don't really know about the IGZO thing either, just guessing.

Anyone want to speculate about the blending of the short wave spectrum (violet-blue 400nm-500nm) with the long wave spectrum (red-orange 700nm - 600nm) in the graphic?

post #39 of 99
Hopefully we will se a heavily improved mobile Safari. The constant refresh of every website is a PITA.
post #40 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You clearly said "Wrong" to my entire comment without making any such qualification, but regardless, you're still wrong and you still haven't stated why 100.100.100.100 should be 100.1.1.1 if it's referring to a software version and why this doesn't apply to the same whole separated by periods as in an IP address.

Those aren't decimal points because there is only ever ONE decimal point because, it's well a decimal, and yet version numbers have many periods as separators, as well as use letters, dashes, and anything else they want, because they are not decimal points.

I'm now going to repeat this in a slightly different way because your comprehension level is so very low… The separators separate WHOLE numbers. Whole numbers are numbers without a fraction. This is also known as an integer (you'll learn this if you ever get to pre-Algebra). Those whole numbers separated by periods represent a left to right system starting with the primary WHOLE number, then the secondary WHOLE number, and then the tertiary* WHOLE number, etc. Again, these don't have to be only numbers because these are not fractions. You'll often see a lowercase 'b' for Beta followed by a number appended to the end of the last whole number.

If you still think that 10.10.10 is a fraction that means 10.1.1 or 10.10.1 then show me a single mathematical value that used multiple decimal points and convert that value to prove it. Good luck!


* Yes, tertiary is a real world. At least try to look stuff up.
And clearly I meant to reply to the person who said Apple just changed the number system to make it work. Not you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple begins decorating San Francisco's Moscone Center ahead of next week's WWDC