or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Shares of Apple hit new 52-week high days before 7-for-1 stock split

Shares of Apple hit new 52-week high days before 7-for-1 stock split - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by brisance View Post

IMO the first supercompany is not Apple, but the British East India Company. At its peak it handled about half of the world's trade.

Actually, it was preceded by that other one, the Dutch East India Company... ;)

post #42 of 47

Interesting that you brought up Dutch EIC… it is a corollary to Microsoft and Apple. Dutch EIC was formed later than British EIC though. And like Microsoft, it held a dominant position initially (think Microsoft in the 90s and 00s) but by the time 1800 rolled around it was no more. British EIC on the other hand was only getting started and most of its colonies have gone on to achieve greater successs. Can't say much for the Dutch colonies. ;)

post #43 of 47

I think the price will only go up after the split, as it makes Apple stock more affordable for the masses.  

post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Or, go up, as small investors jump into the stock.

Quite. Jump into the stock and get their feet wet in the gravy train.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #45 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthusia View Post

Where are all the whiners that were calling for Tim Cook's head a year ago?

Getting comatose in their whinevats.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #46 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkichline View Post

I think what we are going to witness is a transformation of Apple from a tech company into a lifestyle company. The connection of the stock split with WWDC with major acquisitions and hires are no coincidence. This means something big is coming that will transform Apple into another thing entirely.

They're growing apricot trees in their new digs, so maybe they'll change their name to Apricot Inc.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carthusia View Post

Where are all the whiners that were calling for Tim Cook's head a year ago?

You mean Constable Odo? He made around 1000x posts calling for Cook's head and his resignation- based entirely on the stock price- spamming every fucking thread with his rants - and kept insisting if Cook did not go the stock would keep dropping to below $200. Has he now apologized, or stated that he was wrong? Of course, not. When I turn out to be wrong online I own up to it. But the vast majority, like Constable Odo do not, even if the thing they repeated with confidence a million times, mocking others in the process, turned out to be insanely wrong.  Cook showed himself to be a true leader by not even blinking at the stock fluctuations- he didnt give in to the pressure to announce some bullshit based on the shrieking by investors and analysts. He stayed quiet because of the confidence he has in Apple and what they're working on. 

Whats wrong with saying "I'm sorry, I was wrong" after derailing so many threads with what turned out to be utter garbage?

Wounded pride.
- African proverb
- African proverb
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Shares of Apple hit new 52-week high days before 7-for-1 stock split