or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Photo shows "iPhone 6" rear shell with cut-out Apple logo

Rumor: Photo shows "iPhone 6" rear shell with cut-out Apple logo - Page 2

post #41 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

What, the first image of the mythical 5.5” device, then?

Couldn't it work for a 4.7" iPhone?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #42 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by justp1ayin View Post

I disagree. Given the right colour they seem quite deliberate and Apple-like. They serve the real purpose of call quality and wifi reception window. If the colour of them is right they could look cool.

Its metal. The green is a protective layer. 

Probably still fake though cause those antenna separations are horrible.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #43 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

I really like the true flash of the 5s it looks really different in this picture, i don't see why they wouldn't keep it

Imagination much?
post #44 of 66
I think the same as the previous mock-ups: hideous antenna cuts.
I'll skip this iPhone generation if this happens to be the real design.
I like the rounded edges, though
post #45 of 66
If the power button is on the side I'm not buying it
post #46 of 66
May be Apple logo will be made out of sapphire glass to be used as hearbeat scanner or some other health related input devic
post #47 of 66

iPod Touch?

Where's the new Apple TV?

post #48 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

however, it's hard to tell whether the logo is actually cut out or merely polished.

Huh? It's obviously cut out, you can see the shadow.

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
post #49 of 66
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
Couldn't it work for a 4.7" iPhone?

No; the image comparison shows it’s way too big, yeah?

Originally Posted by Iphone 3gs View Post
If the power button is on the side I'm not buying it

I absolutely hate the idea, too–I’m a gall darn purist, after all. But they don’t think people will be able to get to it if it’s up there, which isn’t true.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #50 of 66
This is the new iphone. No doubt about it. It will look amazing in person. With Apple it is all about the details, and the detailing will be brilliant. All the wailing about the thickness if the antenna bands is silly. Wait until it is in your hand.
I've been trying to come up with a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.
I've been trying to come up with a lifestyle that doesn't require my presence.
post #51 of 66

I'm really curious about the Apple logo cutout. I wonder if there will be some sort of lighted sensor there for health features? I'm probably in the minority, but a lighted Apple logo on the back would be cool. I'm sure Apple can figure out a way to use the screen light as the light source for a lighted Apple logo. 

post #52 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

That's one of my least favorite 'features' of the Air. That stupid polished Apple logo is a fingerprint and scratch magnet.

ive never even spent one second looking at it let alone worrying about it. who cares if the rear logo has fingerprints on it!? talk about first world problems....

post #53 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by justp1ayin View Post

Probably still fake though cause those antenna separations are horrible.

i dont think so -- you dont get this many different models and images that look just the same. just like, oh, every previous set of leaked photos for each prev generation that also turned out to be real.

post #54 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrunner1738 View Post

I really like the true flash of the 5s it looks really different in this picture, i don't see why they wouldn't keep it

why do you think the didnt? it's not very difficult to imagine both diodes in a single round encloser.

post #55 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Not likely to happen because it's a pointless use of power.

guess you didnt see this case that uses "free" electromagnetic energy already coming out of the phone:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-case-uses-your-iphones-electromagnetic-energy-to-84227090964.html

...so it doesnt waste any power. 

doesnt mean they will, but thats not why they wouldnt.

post #56 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by atokosch View Post

Where is the hole for the True Tone Flash? They cant possibly fit two different colored LED’s in that hole for the True Tone Flash.

why on earth not? of all the technical achievements apple has made, this is the one thing you cant conceive of them doing?

post #57 of 66
Based on the shadow inside the apple this is definitely a cutout.
post #58 of 66
Enlarge the logo and turn it sideways- I swear there's a child or a ghost in there. Looks like Casper.

post #59 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

why do you think the didnt? it's not very difficult to imagine both diodes in a single round encloser.

To me it just doesn't seem to be the same proportions as the 5s maybe its cause I'm using a lifeproof case. But the size of the camera lens and the flash seems odd to me. 

post #60 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

guess you didnt see this case that uses "free" electromagnetic energy already coming out of the phone:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/this-case-uses-your-iphones-electromagnetic-energy-to-84227090964.html

...so it doesnt waste any power. 

doesnt mean they will, but thats not why they wouldnt.

That's pretty stinking awesome!

post #61 of 66
The breaks are too wide. Every purported leak has these. Grrrr

Why not have 2mm of plastic on the bottom and top? Oh well, Apple can afford to make a phone that some people don't like, since they're finally releasing a big phone.
post #62 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by VL-Tone View Post

I suspect that there's a technical/functional reason behind the increased thickness of the antenna separations. Maybe it will also act as a shock absorber and reduce the possibility of breaking the screen if the iPhone 6 is dropped on one of its corners?

What if the separation is made from a new RF transparent LiquidMetal alloy? 1smile.gif (OK maybe not)

That's exactly my thoughts. Some sort of shock absorber. A screen that never breaks (from drops) or scratches. Huge selling point.
post #63 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post

This is the new iphone. No doubt about it. It will look amazing in person. With Apple it is all about the details, and the detailing will be brilliant. All the wailing about the thickness if the antenna bands is silly. Wait until it is in your hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I'm pretty sure every single design consideration for the phone was made for extremely good reasons - I suggest you don't second guess these decisions when you dont have any info behind them, especially when you have no clue if this is even the final design. 

The two above replies are the correct responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by atokosch View Post

If you mean 3 different LED's in that one hole i still do not think so, as a repair tech, the LED's Apple uses for the flash requires two different spots for the light to blend together correctly. And plus the emitters aren't small enough to fit in that one hole. I just don't see it. 

Apple is not going to use an inferior flash on a new model of their flagship phone. There are lots of dual element LEDs out there but the typical usage is as indicators like on the AirPort Extreme, green and yellow.  Apple has probably had a dual element LED custom made for the spectrum they want. The standard incandescent white LED is 4500 K and the pale white is 6500 K. When you combine them you get 5500 K depending on the intensity of each element, which is almost exactly natural light. As an example in the printing business, viewing booths use 5000 K. I'm not claiming this is what they have done but it is entirely possible.

I can't think of any reason that the two LEDs need to be separated in order to blend. LEDs can be very tiny. Some dual element LEDs are only .75 mm so they can fit in a 1 mm hole no problem.

Edited by mstone - 5/31/14 at 11:47am

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #64 of 66
I'd love to see an Apple logo on the iPad and iPhone that changed colour according to the weather outside. Or according to your mood; in fact, customisable so it could change colour according to any parameter that you so desired. Useless but fun.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #65 of 66
Naw. No way. they arent going to take out the truetone flash and go from 2 LED back to 1. Its semi convincing, but I say fake
post #66 of 66
Originally Posted by yaboigrande View Post
they arent going to take out the truetone flash and go from 2 LED back to 1.

ENOUGH OF THIS.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: Photo shows "iPhone 6" rear shell with cut-out Apple logo