or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Longtime Apple PR head Katie Cotton officially retires
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Longtime Apple PR head Katie Cotton officially retires - Page 2

post #41 of 140

So automatically, everything a PR person says is a lie and deceptive?

 

Perhaps she is being honest. If she has enough money to retire comfortably, why not?

 

At age 44, she could be weighing her options from a personal perspective which could reasonably have nothing to do with any current developments at Apple. She already made it through the most difficult PR situation possible with the illness and passing of SJ. Why would recent mergers put her over the edge? I would take her at her word unless there is some revelation that her departure was the result of another circumstance. So far, there is not any evidence of that as far as I know.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #42 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post
 

Prove me wrong.  go get a copy of his iTunes library.

 

How the **** do I "prove you wrong" about your baseless speculation about her music tastes and your insane assumption that someone in her professional position who make such a petty, silly move like quitting because of an acquisition? Should I set up an interview with her? Do you realize that the onus is on you to substantiate your claims with a shred of evidence, right, not for me to "prove them wrong"? Your argumentation is pulled straight from the classic book of trolling. Make some baseless statement pulled from your ass then dare anyone to "prove you wrong". It's on you to prove your made up reasons for her leaving, since you've accused her of lying. 


Edited by Slurpy - 5/30/14 at 7:25pm
post #43 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post
I picked up mine at a split-adjusted $4.35, my ROI is fabulous-er! :p :)

Unless you are using your net worth to take out loans, your AAPL holdings are not doing anything for you. Well, now that we have a dividend, perhaps a little, but your kids are going to sell it as soon as you die. You are not getting any ROI unless you sell.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #44 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksec View Post
 

Read the god damn Re/Code article.

http://recode.net/2014/05/30/goodbye-to-all-that-today-is-katie-cottons-last-day-at-apple/

Just one opinion that only benefits the writer: page views, industry "respect," what not.

 

Let's face it: Katie Cotton has way more money than me. She is far more famous than me.

 

Do I care about that? No.

 

She's still an unapologetic liar. She was pretty good at it for a few years, then ended up not being able to play the game that she dealt herself into.

 

She earned everything she has today, whether it be money or disdain. She probably commands very little respect, except for a few pet press people. After all, she has been silent for over three years, not something to brag about when you are a high-tech PR person and paid to blab.

 

Again, I wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors. For the sake of all humanity, let us hope that does not include public relations.

 

Disclaimer: I am an AAPL shareholder.


Edited by mpantone - 5/30/14 at 7:58pm
post #45 of 140

What would Sheryl Sandberg say? She can't work and have kids?

 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
 
Where's the new Apple TV?
Reply
post #46 of 140

Katie Cotton is the exact type of PR Executive I would hire. She was a kind person, on campus, always with a warm smile and a quick wit. She learned to pick up the NeXT style very well. When we merged and took over Apple she got on board, arms open and mind wide open. She soaked up what it was to be part of NeXT and now Apple.

 

She will have left a top of the bill staff to take over for her. Best wishes to her, always.


Edited by mdriftmeyer - 5/31/14 at 12:40pm
post #47 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

Good for you, we are in similar situations although I refuse to divulge my exact average share purchase price, we are pretty close (your purported entry price is lower than mine). Admittedly, most of mine are in a Roth IRA, my capital gains tax liability pressure will be low.

I'm still surprised how gung ho you are about Katie Cotton. 

I am happy she is gone, you apparently aren't. Will you be selling soon?

Gung-ho? Not quite. She did her job well. I dont understand your hatred.

Why would I sell just because the PR exec left?
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Prove me wrong.  go get a copy of his iTunes library.

Can't prove a negative. Obama's press secretary left. I guess there's another person upset at the Beats deal.
post #48 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Conspiracy theory?  Well, that's not what I'm hearing from my buddies that work at Apple.  The word I'm getting from sources indicate my theory is probably more accurate than yours. 

HAHAHA.

You're so full of shit, you're literally drowning in it. Its so easy to lie blatantly on the internet eh? Funny how you suddenly randomly allude to your "buddies" at Apple confirming your ludicrous opinion that everyone is mocking. And not ONE source, no, you have MULTIPLE sources that just happen to all confirm your previous shitty posts. If you're gonna make shit up, at meat try to be somewhat believable, instead of asking us to believe that a bunch of Apple employees told you that Katie Cotton left because of Beats- apparently you have better sources than Evert single new organization and blog on the internet, otherwise we would have heard your ridiculous assertion from somewhere else.

Shouldn't this kind of blatant and crass lying be ban worthy? What can such a shameless and self serving liar possibly contribute to these forums?
post #49 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickprinter View Post

I picked up mine at a split-adjusted $4.35, my ROI is fabulous-er! 1tongue.gif  1smile.gif

You just made me green with envy. 🐢 I hope you had the foresight to buy a couple thou shares at that price (don't answer that...).
Edited by SpamSandwich - 5/30/14 at 9:18pm

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #50 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post
 

 

And who are yours?  I just know that the Beats buyout was not widely accepted internally by ALL Apple employees.

I am sure you personally know ALL of Apple's employees, right? Didn't think so...

 

Why is it that you are always looking for the dark side of everything?

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Reply
post #51 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
 

 

You're right. Bill Gates has no excuse not to keep working because OMG, he's still young enough to. /s 
 

 

How can YOU be so sure your "correlation = causation" theory is right?

What you interpret as "awfully coincidental" is reflection of your own suspicions and biases, nothing more. It's your own mentality.

Surprise! Not everyone sees a conspiracy in every twitch.

I tell you what.  Why did Donald Rosenberg, the former Head Council of Apple that was only with them for 10 months leave to go to Qualcomm?  Do you know the truth behind that one?  I do and I can prove it.  PM me with your request and MAYBE I'll send you the link and information as to why he left.  What did the media say about that departure?  What did Apple say about it?

post #52 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post
 

 

And who are yours?  I just know that the Beats buyout was not widely accepted internally by ALL Apple employees.

prove it.

post #53 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Can't prove a negative. Obama's press secretary left. I guess there's another person upset at the Beats deal.

Obama and Apple are unrelated.

 

Just be aware that when anyone leaves a company at a high level, there are typically only sugar coated reasons why people leave.  Having several high ranking people at a successful company leaving within a short period of time is highly suspicious unless the company is taking a nosedive and it's obvious that it's taking a nosedive.  I just am not buying into the sugar coated versions because every time I left a company to go back to college or to go to another company, etc.  I would sugar coat it to people that didn't need or want to know all of the reasons, but if I asked on a close personal level I might say the real reasons, but it's not typical for these types of people to list ALL of the reasons unless it's health related.

I personally think Gates left Microsoft because he was going in and out of court rooms as Microsoft was getting sued constantly and I think he was just worn out and wanted to take his guilt money and try to put a positive spin on his reputation.  He was constantly trashed in the media while they were getting sued.  Now Ballmer left because Windows 8, Surface etc. has been sucking and i think he was probably told it's time to leave.

 

they don't typically like telling people everything as they don't want it attracting more attention.  You just seem to buy into the media a little too much and you hate it when someone tries to explain a more truthful perspective.  I just know the mentality of a lot of people at Apple and how they would think about Dre's involvement with Apple. I already know it's not well received and Cotton most likely doesn't want to deal with it and it's VERY easy to understand that. But you don't want to hear the truth.

 

Oh well.  I know what i know and that's what I believe. Deal with it.

post #54 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post
 

I am sure you personally know ALL of Apple's employees, right? Didn't think so...

 

Why is it that you are always looking for the dark side of everything?

I do have abilities to find things out that most people are oblivious to.   i don't necessarily look for it, but when I sense something's wrong, I can figure out what the BS is.  

 

I don't LOOK for it initially. I just see things with clarity.  You just don't want to accept certain things.  That's living in denial.  Don't be in denial.  Apple management isn't perfect.  The second you think it is, is the second you are brainwashed by them.  I've been in the high tech industry a long time and I've known things about certain companies and people because  of who I run into and what I hear is really going on. But I don't believe everything Cook says or other high ranking officials of ANY company.  I'm just really concerned that Cook maybe screwing things up and that it might prove to back fire and I personally don't want that to happen, but I don't have control over that, he and others do.  I'm just pointing it out because I hate it when CEO's of companies sugar coat a problem that exists.  

post #55 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanukStorm View Post
 

prove it.

Do you know any employees at Apple really well where you know they aren't going to BS you?  If you do, ask them to tell you the truth.  Especially if they either work at Corporate or know people that do.  I don't reveal my sources to protect THEIR employment.  they don't tell me anything about product releases, but they tell me internal attitudes towards things or their own personal take on something.  It's just something that was talked about.  

post #56 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post
 

Do you know any employees at Apple really well where you know they aren't going to BS you?  If you do, ask them to tell you the truth.  Especially if they either work at Corporate or know people that do.  I don't reveal my sources to protect THEIR employment.  they don't tell me anything about product releases, but they tell me internal attitudes towards things or their own personal take on something.  It's just something that was talked about.  

 

In other words... hearsay.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #57 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

In other words... hearsay.

I guess.. But the sources I have are honest.  There was an article I read a couple of days after the Dre YouTube video hit that that didn't go over well at Apple Corporate.  That was from a published article.  I don't recall the exact article, but that was one published source that was recent.


You should go BACK to your island and become a hermit again.  that would make me happy.

post #58 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

Good riddance, part of the Steve Jobs era that really deserves to be shown the door and handed her hat.

She has been an unabashed, unapologetic and crushingly unconvincing liar on behalf of the company (primarily for Steve).

She fulfilled an important role in the company at the time, although she largely fell silent about a year before Steve's passing, probably because no one sane would believe what she uttered, like the "Steve is out with a virus" B.S. which because increasingly shrill and ludicrous.

But hey, high tech public relations is one of the most soulless careers on the planet, it's rather surprising that anyone can survive nearly two decades in such a soul-sucking role. Hopefully there's something still left in her heart.

I sincerely wish her the best of luck on her future endeavors. For everyone's sake, let's hope it has nothing to do with public relations.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpantone View Post
 

No, because she was clearly lying and basically clammed up the last year of Steve's life, probably because everything she uttered was insanely unbelievable.

 

Her aggressiveness was not the optimal way to address Steve's absence, she basically dissolved the Apple PR department's credibility. At least one image of a very frail Steve (with an IV drip) appeared in the media. It apparently was a real photo.

 

She could have said "Apple does not comment on the medical condition of its executives" rather than the "Steve has a virus" B.S.

 

Dowling has been the corporate spokesperson since Steve's passing. I don't think her name has been on press releases for years, let alone any sort of quotes in the media.

 

Note that Apple's stock did not completely tank when Steve passed away. The market (fund managers, etc.) already knew what was going on.

 

She did a job, but it was not the best. Again, I will point out that she has been almost completely mute since Steve's passing, nearly THREE YEARS AGO. That is a long damned time to be the head of a Fortune 500 company's PR department without making an utterance.

 

Anyhow, she gets to live with her life choices. I will reiterate that I sincerely wish her the best of luck in her future endeavors.

 

I'm also impressed to see how many AI readers are Katie Cotton fans. Your prayers to her will be most welcome.

 

Disclaimer: I am an AAPL shareholder.

What a load of drivel.

You sound bitter & angry about the way Katie performed her job. I happen to think she served Apple exceptionally well - you don't agree. Not every company on the planet has to operate the same way, nor do the employees of those companies. As far as your phrasing of "the Steve Jobs era" - I humbly suggest that you show some respect & perspective. Steve was a co-founder, & when he came back, he (& those who he convinced to work extremely hard, including Katie) re-created the Apple that you have shares in today. 

There is nothing at all believable about the sincerity of your good wishes for her future.

post #59 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

And who are yours?  I just know that the Beats buyout was not widely accepted internally by ALL Apple employees.
Thank god there are some sane people at Apple. This idea that Apple will save the music industry or bridge the divide between Hollywood and Silicon Valley is nonsense. Beats needed to be saved and Apple needed streaming music. Iovine suckered Apple into doing this deal. Unfortunately now Ive's team is stuck with the design of these overpriced products and Schiller is stuck selling and marketing them.

Does this seem very Apple like?

beats-by-dre-pill-characters-on.jpg
Edited by Rogifan - 5/30/14 at 11:00pm
post #60 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post


You should go BACK to your island and become a hermit again.  that would make me happy.

 

Hahahahahaha... I must have hit a nerve.

 

I can spot bullshit as well.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #61 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post
 

 

Hahahahahaha... I must have hit a nerve.

 

I can spot bullshit as well.

 

Here's an article for you to read.

 

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/25/apple-reportedly-freaked-out-about-the-drunken-dr-dre-video/

post #62 of 140
Good riddance. She has done a horrible job. Apple has been getting attacked by Samsung repeatedly for years and Apple has allowed Samsung to create many false perceptions in the marketplace with very little response. What happened to the Apple that used to attack Microsoft as old and stodgy? Apple definitely needs some new blood in this role.
post #63 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

In other words... hearsay.

1) He's also insinuating that if they support Apple's decision they are must be lying. He's so wrapped up in his hatred for the certain type of individual and his successful companies being made a part of Apple that he can't bring himself to be objective or fair about Apple's decision.

2) What he foolishly doesn't comprehend is that Apple has 80,000 direct employees worldwide so no matter what Apple does the odds that at least one employee won't be able to comprehend their corporate decisions. The odds are simply astronomical that at least one person from their retail store employee not understanding why one would use an iPod or iPad to some higher-ups in disagreeing with Ping, the iPod HiFi, getting rid of the Mac clones, or even the naming of products which there have been a few articles discussing how Steve wanted some really stupid names. For some unexplained reason he believes his comment is reasonable and sane.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #64 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Here's an article for you to read.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/05/25/apple-reportedly-freaked-out-about-the-drunken-dr-dre-video/

Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? You can't spot a baseless fucking rumour from a site looking for page hits? It even says "reportedly" in the goddamn title but now you're using it as proof? 1oyvey.gif

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #65 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


1) He's also insinuating that if they support Apple's decision they are must be lying. He's so wrapped up in his hatred for the certain type of individual and his successful companies being made a part of Apple that he can't bring himself to be objective or fair about Apple's decision.

2) What he foolishly doesn't comprehend is that Apple has 80,000 direct employees worldwide so no matter what Apple does the odds that at least one employee won't be able to comprehend their corporate decisions. The odds are simply astronomical that at least one person from their retail store employee not understanding why one would use an iPod or iPad to some higher-ups in disagreeing with Ping, the iPod HiFi, getting rid of the Mac clones, or even the naming of products which there have been a few articles discussing how Steve wanted some really stupid names. For some unexplained reason he believes his comment is reasonable and sane.

 

Beats Music wasn't successful.  Beats Electronics was, but I'm not a fan of Beats headphones because I don't think they sound very good when compared to other higher quality brands of equal or higher cost.  

 

The rest of your dialog is far fetched and REACHING. 

 

I know Apple has 80,000 employees and I haven't run into any on a personal level that likes the merger that I know on a PERSONAL level.  If they like it, it could be they are a "team player" and don't want to lose their job so they won't admit it for fear of losing their job. 

 

I'm waiting to see how long it takes for Dre to leave or other high ranking management to "RETIRE".  I would think that some high ranking people in product development leaving would be a huge blow to Apple right now.  I wondering what people actually THINK if they were allowed to speak freely.  In this situation a lot of employees don't want to speak freely due to FEAR of losing their job.

 

See you are just afraid of more people saying the same thing in fear of the stock going down so you lose money. 

 

You have bought into the corporate BS.  I don't do that unless I feel it's a positive move.  Time will tell how they manage this, but in the mean time.  Cook is a MORON.  I wonder when he's going to "RETIRE".  I wonder when Cue is going to "RETIRE".  

post #66 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Beats Music wasn't successful.

Sure, nothing successful about selling a service that came online less 6 months ago for around $500 million¡ What a complete and utter failure¡ :roll eyes:
Quote:
I'm waiting to see how long it takes for Dre to leave or other high ranking management to "RETIRE".

Of course you are, because trying to see this purchase from Apple's perspective would just be crazy¡ so instead your only focus is looking for anything that fits your predetermined, racist narrative.
Quote:
See you are just afraid of more people saying the same thing in fear of the stock going down so you lose money.

Exactly what I said. If someone disagrees with you they are a liar and you made up some claim that I'm worried about my stock value and yet you don't even know if I own any Apple stock.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #67 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Seriously, WTF is wrong with you? You can't spot a baseless fucking rumour from a site looking for page hits? It even says "reportedly" in the goddamn title but now you're using it as proof? 1oyvey.gif

 

Oh, I must have hit a nerve.  I don't live in denial. But it seems as though YOU DO.

 

If there's nothing to hide about the whole event than why wasn't Dr. Dre speaking publicly right along side Iodine, CueBall and Dre at Re/Code?

Why hasn't Dre been at any of these interviews that have been conducted discussing the buyout?  Are they afraid he's going to get confronted about the video or asked questions and he opens his mouth and says something STUPID?

God you guys are already using gang mentality against me...


Sounds like you are living in denial.  Go ahead, let's see how long Dre lasts or other members of upper management.


What is going to happen if there is not a positive response to this at WWDC?  What happens if people in product development leave due to "RETIREMENT"?

 

Then what are you going to do?  Wake up.

 

You are living in denial.  Wah, wah, wah, wah.................... Living in denial.......

post #68 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I do have abilities to find things out that most people are oblivious to.   i don't necessarily look for it, but when I sense something's wrong, I can figure out what the BS is.  

Another added to the block list. Starting early, too. Usually my list doesn't really start growing until after the WWDC Keynote or an iPhone/iPad announcement.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Reply
post #69 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Sure, nothing successful about selling a service that came online less 6 months ago for around $500 million¡ What a complete and utter failure¡ :roll eyes:
Of course you are, because trying to see this purchase from Apple's perspective would just be crazy¡ so instead your only focus is looking for anything that fits your predetermined, racist narrative.
Exactly what I said. If someone disagrees with you they are a liar and you made up some claim that I'm worried about my stock value and yet you don't even know if I own any Apple stock.

There you go again, making false assumptions.  I never said they are lying if they disagree.  Where did I say that? You seem like you are high on something to make these kinds of assumptions or you REALLY have some wild imagination.  You take something someone says and go off on some tangent making up all kinds of crap.

 

I'm not a racist, why are you constantly bringing that up.  To not like what Dr. Dre and the rap culture is all about is NOT being racist.

 

I tell you what.  Since you aren't a racist against rap music, go ahead and drive down to Compton and live there and see if you can fit in.  I'd be willing to wager that you wouldn't last more than a minute before you high tailed it out of there.  You would in fear for your life down there. You wouldn't fit in, or prove that you would.  Go ahead and live amongst the rapper community for a year and PROVE It to me.  I've probably hung around and talked to more people that have listened to rap music than you and they were both white and blacks and I know their mentality from seeing it.  You don't even have the GUTS to actually go to a rap concert.   Go ahead, go to a rap concert, Enjoy your sense of non-racist attitude for a couple of hours.  You are, as they say, a hypocrite.

 

There are a lot of other styles of music like country that I'm not a big fan of.  I've played that music before and have listened to it.  I don't have a single country album in my entire collection.  But at least they have musicians that play REAL musical instruments and actually SING.  But I don't really listen to it for enjoyment, does that mean I'm racist?  I don't like Achy Breaky Heart or Billy Ray Cyrus, does that mean I'm racist?

 

Go away you bother me with your completely fictitious made up stories.

post #70 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

There you go again, making false assumptions.  I never said they are lying if they disagree.  Where did I say that?

You wrote, "Do you know any employees at Apple really well where you know they aren't going to BS you? If you do, ask them to tell you the truth." which, as I stated, is what you are insinuating with your comment "where you know they aren't going to BS you" because anything other than your pre-determined narrative is BSing you.
Quote:
I'm not a racist, why are you constantly bringing that up. To not like what Dr. Dre and the rap culture is all about is NOT being racist. If you think that I am, you really have a psychological problem.

Again, your words in two very long threads where I pointed it out repeatedly but no need to go and find them when you leave the following racist gem in the next paragraph...
Quote:
I tell you what. Since you aren't a racist against rap music, go ahead and drive down to Compton and live there and see if you can fit in. I'd be willing to wager that you wouldn't last more than a minute before you high tailed it out of there. You would in fear for your life down there. You wouldn't fit in, or prove that you would. ou wouldn't fit in, or prove that you would. Go ahead and live amongst the rapper community for a year and PROVE It to me. I've probably hung around and talked to more people that have listened to rap music than you and they were both white and blacks and I know their mentality from seeing it. You don't even have the GUTS to actually go to a rap concert. Go ahead, go to a rap concert, Enjoy your sense of non-racist attitude for a couple of hours. You are, as they say, a hypocrite.

1) Here's another racially motivated comment with an added bonus of using the absolutely absurd phrase "racist against rap music." How exactly is music a race?

2) This is also another example of you making assumptions without any evidence.
Quote:
There are a lot of other styles of music like country that I'm not a big fan of. I've played that music before and have listened to it. I don't have a single country album in my entire collection. But at least they have musicians that play REAL musical instruments and actually SING. But I don't really listen to it for enjoyment, does that mean I'm racist? I don't like Achy Breaky Heart or Billy Ray Cyrus, does that mean I'm racist?

Go away you bother me with your completely fictitious made up stories.

If you referred to county music as not being real music because it's full of [add stereotypes] then it would be a bigoted comment. Note, it wouldn't be racist — unlike your comments talking about "the blacks" you know that agree with you that rap music isn't music — unless you think that those that like country music to be a race.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #71 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Sure, nothing successful about selling a service that came online less 6 months ago for around $500 million¡ What a complete and utter failure¡ :roll eyes:

Beats Music didn't get that many subscribers and it was losing money right before the buyout, so the Beats Music division isn't seen as a successful business.  It's just Apple's way to buy into the subscription service because CueBall couldn't do it and they are just leveraging the profits from Beats Electronics to overcome the losses and they are hoping that with a price drop in the subscription rate and Apple's marketing that they can get it profitable.  time will tell if/when they can do it and they might have to dump a lot of money in Iovine and Dre's salaries and additional development in the process. So far, i don't see Beats Music as successful, only successful in getting in Tim Crook to buy into it.

 

I wonder what Dre's final role is going to be.  They'll probably make up some stupid title, not allow him to be interviewed with the media until they can give him canned scripts that he can say without looking like an idiot.   They had to do that with Schwarzenegger because when he went off script, he would put his foot in his mouth and then they had to do a lot of damage control until he was able to go his next speech where he stayed on script.  They had to tape record all of his behind the scenes because he forgot what was said.  TRUE STORY.  Remember those tapes that got released?  That was a laugh riot hearing him speak in that behind the scenes manner because you got a better sense of how he tries to figure out who he can manipulate.

post #72 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

Beats Music didn't get that many subscribers

Several hundred thousand in a few months. What losers¡
Quote:
...and it was losing money right before the buyout...

A start up running in the red within 6 months of launching? Stop the fucking presses!
Quote:
...so the Beats Music division isn't seen as a successful business.

$500 million for less than 6 months on the market is a failure I'd like to have.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #73 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


You wrote, "Do you know any employees at Apple really well where you know they aren't going to BS you? If you do, ask them to tell you the truth." which, as I stated, is what you are insinuating with your comment "where you know they aren't going to BS you" because anything other than your pre-determined narrative is BSing you.
Again, your words in two very long threads where I pointed it out repeatedly but no need to go and find them when you leave the following racist gem in the next paragraph...
1) Here's another racially motivated comment with an added bonus of using the absolutely absurd phrase "racist against rap music." How exactly is music a race?

2) This is also another example of you making assumptions without any evidence.
If you referred to county music as not being real music because it's full of [add stereotypes] then it would be a bigoted comment. Note, it wouldn't be racist — unlike your comments talking about "the blacks" you know that agree with you that rap music isn't music — unless you think that those that like country music to be a race.

I never referred to country music as not being REAL music because it is REAL music, I don't listen to it on a regular basis because I haven't found too much of it that I really like enough to want to listen to it more than just the occasional times when it's on a soundtrack in a movie, TV show, or just being played somewhere publicly. But i don't see Country music as damaging to society as the rap culture.  It's certainly a much higher form of music. 

 

Where did I state that country music isn't real?  Please cite where I said that. You fully did NOT READ.  Go RE-READ EXACTLY WHAT I WROTE AND REPEAT IT BACK OUT LOUD SLOWLY.  NO WHERE DID I SAY COUNTRY MUSIC WASN'T REAL MUSIC.  Please quote me where I said that.

 

If you won't attend a rap concert, then you are a hypocrite. Do you even have any music in your collection that contains rap music? Have you ever hung out with people that are knowledgeable about rap music? I've been to concerts where they were rapping, I've listened to rap music since it came on the scene (from my perspective) in the early 80's which was my first awareness of rap music. But back then they didn't use drum machines, samplers, and sequencers to replace musicians.

post #74 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I never referred to country music as not being REAL music […] Where did I state that country music isn't real? Please cite where I said that

You either don't know what a conditional clause is or this is simply the most pathetic trolling AI has ever seen. 1oyvey.gif
Quote:
Go RE-READ

Irony.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #75 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Baker View Post

Good riddance. She has done a horrible job. Apple has been getting attacked by Samsung repeatedly for years and Apple has allowed Samsung to create many false perceptions in the marketplace with very little response. What happened to the Apple that used to attack Microsoft as old and stodgy? Apple definitely needs some new blood in this role.

in corporations as big as Apple, lawyers are VERY much part of deciding how Apple responds to things on a public level.  I've worked for corporations and know others that have worked for large corporations that are targets for lawsuits.

 

They don't like PR or others saying things publicly when you think they should for LEGAL reasons. She was most likely told not to bring attention to it and take the high road and let things blow over.  If she got on the attack against Samsung, then it just adds fuel to a fire they are trying to contain by not talking about it.  this is common practice in those types of situations.

 

It's the same reason why Apple most likely doesn't allow Dre in these recent interviews at ReCode.  Why wasn't he there speaking and discussing his role, etc. etc. along side everyone else?  To detract the media and public away from the released videos.

post #76 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post




If there's nothing to hide about the whole event than why wasn't Dr. Dre speaking publicly right along side Iodine, CueBall and Dre at Re/Code?


Iodine?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine

Dr. Dre not at the conference with dre?

I know you're pissed off and it's hard to concentrate drwhatever, but please take a deep breath and try again.
post #77 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by drblank View Post

I don't she wants to do anything with Dre and is probably disgusted with what his music represents.

but Dr. Dre doesn't make music remembah??
post #78 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Thank god there are some sane people at Apple. This idea that Apple will save the music industry or bridge the divide between Hollywood and Silicon Valley is nonsense. Beats needed to be saved and Apple needed streaming music. Iovine suckered Apple into doing this deal. Unfortunately now Ive's team is stuck with the design of these overpriced products and Schiller is stuck selling and marketing them.

Ooo, I see we have a new troll meme. Iovine suckered Apple. That should add to your credibility here.
post #79 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali View Post

but Dr. Dre doesn't make music remembah??

You're right. I was just being nice because he and the other rappers call it music.
post #80 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali View Post

Iodine?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iodine

Dr. Dre not at the conference with dre?

I know you're pissed off and it's hard to concentrate drwhatever, but please take a deep breath and try again.[/quote

It was a typo, it should have been cook.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Longtime Apple PR head Katie Cotton officially retires