or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Wall Street expects Apple's WWDC announcements will leverage strength of connected platforms against Google

Wall Street expects Apple's WWDC announcements will leverage strength of connected platforms... - Page 2

post #41 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

If you paid close attention to the Spotlight demos you can see Apple is now able to make it possible for users to do serious searching without even using Google... By this Fall when the new hardware arrives, we could see Spotlight fully fleshed out to remove Google from the picture and, by extension, user's minds. THAT would be sweet justice!

My biggest question is why Apple is dragging its feet on launching its own search engine.  Do they really want to be at the whims of others in this critical service?  Launch iSeek (or whatever), make it completely ad free, completely private and non-tracking, and sell more hardware that way.

Would you rather have a Google phone that tracks every move you make or would you rather have an iPhone that lets you search the web without a single ad or privacy concern?

Seems like a compelling sales pitch.

FEAR GOOGLE
FEAR GOOGLE
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotFuzz View Post

My biggest question is why Apple is dragging its feet on launching its own search engine.

All in good time. Even Samsung believes Google's days are numbered (remember their "post-Android" comments).

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #43 of 49

Steve is gone .... but watching yesterday's WWDC I clearly saw 100s, if not 1000s, Steve Jobs' there.

Tim, Apple and all those so young but talented developers are going to push google so hard they're gonna beg for mercy to save their Click_Please_On_Ads_$ dumb core business.

Mark my words ... you read it here at AI! :smokey:

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

....the lack of properly optimized apps is one of the reasons "why the experience on Android tablets is so crappy".

Tim Cook ~ The Wall Street Journal - February 7, 2014

Inside Google! 

post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipsy View Post

A little off topic but am I the only one who finds it strange that Spotlight for OSX uses Bing and Spotlight for iOS 8 uses Google?
I wonder what the reason behind this is...

DSC_1153.jpg

I'd guess it has something to do with contracts with Google, and the remaining time until they expire.  

post #45 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob53 View Post

Katy, where were all of your rumored announcements? Bad guesses or money spent on poor inside information?

Maynard, why did you expect hardware to be announced? It's the software that makes things run and if you don't understand this, get a new job. There was enough software enhancements and new directions announced to drive plenty of new hardware. The hardware is easy, it's the software that's difficult. Of course, analysts can only analyze what they can see.

Software is difficult; so is hardware.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #46 of 49
Why Apple and Wall St don't get along.

Apple wants to use money to create things.

Wall St wants to use money to create more money.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #47 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

Why Apple and Wall St don't get along.

Apple wants to use money to create things.

Wall St wants to use money to create more money.

Newsflash to Wall Street: you can use money to create things and use money to create money.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #48 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

You're fucking welcome. 

;)

In all seriousness I wonder if people that use that kind of twisted logic actually have brain-damage, or are being paid. It must be one or the other. 

Bloomberg is clearly for sale. They have no integrity whatsoever. I used to watch their tech show Bloomberg West, but after a while it became apparent that things had changed. Apple is now only mentioned in a negative context, if at all, unless there's a huge Apple story that they can't avoid. They blab about samsung and "innovation" constantly. They even dedicate entire episodes as glorified informercials, as they did for ebay. It's pretty clear that the rest of bloomberg reporting falls along the same lines.

post #49 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatchyThePirate View Post

Bloomberg is clearly for sale. They have no integrity whatsoever. I used to watch their tech show Bloomberg West, but after a while it became apparent that things had changed. Apple is now only mentioned in a negative context, if at all, unless there's a huge Apple story that they can't avoid. They blab about samsung and "innovation" constantly. They even dedicate entire episodes as glorified informercials, as they did for ebay. It's pretty clear that the rest of bloomberg reporting falls along the same lines.

I found Bloomberg AND his "news service" to both be a waste of time.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Wall Street expects Apple's WWDC announcements will leverage strength of connected platforms against Google