Despite Obama's lawlessness, I would have never predicted this was even possible, politically speaking. But, with the recent prisoner exchange issue, I'm starting to believe there may be enough bipartisan outrage that it may happen.
As far a I am concerned, there is more of a case for impeachment of this President than any other (except Nixon). This latest violation of the law was blatant (must notify Congress 30 days before executing such a transfer). He has also openly changed and violated the law on dozens of occasions (healthcare and immigration are two of the major areas). Yet, despite the outrage that is now happening on both sides of the aisle, there does not seem to be the political will to go through with it. Obama still has a number of liberal allies. Moreover, I think that GOP is not exactly thrilled about impeaching the first black President, whose allies already accuse them of racism for opposing his policies and positions.
As I stated though, this issue may be the tipping point. The administration's conduct under this President on a host of issues gives ample grounds for impeachment:
1. Fast and Furious: Obama's Justice Department deliberately violated gun laws and dozens of other laws in providing weapons to cartel members and drug runners...guns that were lost and directly led to the loss of life of a U.S. Border Patrol agent.
2. Benghazi: The President and his team failed to act to try to save Americans, then covered it up for weeks. The intelligence community never believed the attack was caused by a video, but they continued this lie for weeks afterwards. Even today, Hillary Clinton's book will claim that Susan Rice used the best info she had (based on CIA assessment) when she went on five Sunday talk shows to claim it was sparked by a video (a claim we know to be absolutely, demonstrably false).
3. IRS: There has been Obstruction of Justice at the bare minimum. Obama's IRS conducted widespread targeting of conservative groups, and admitted it. Since that time, the administration has tried to portray it as isolated. The President met with the IRS director dozens of times as this was occurring. That doesn't exactly scream "plausible deniability."
4. The VA: Obama claims that he was unaware of the secret waiting list scandal until he saw it on the news (a claim he earlier made about the IRS). Here again, we know this is not true. This is probably more incompetence than criminal conduct on his part, but it's every bit as outrageous.
5. POW swap: Obama approved the release of five of the most dangerous terrorists in the world, ones that were previously labeled as people that would almost certainly return to attacking America and her allies. He did this without notifying Congress, which he is required to do by law (even if he claims otherwise in his signing statement for said law). worse still, Bergdahl certainly seems to have deserted his unit, indirectly causing the death of at least 6 soldiers looking for him. Obama and his team overrode the objections of the Pentagon and likely, Homeland Security.
6. Ignoring statutory deadlines and requirements in the healthcare law: This one is self-explanatory. He openly ignored and the law and ordered his subordinates to change it.
7. Immigration: Ignored current immigration law and refused to enforce portions of it. Created new law to allow illegals to stay based on requirements the administration set. Worse, I am personally aware of the implementation problems that have occurred. Each illegal immigrant was supposed to be reviewed for approval, which would not be granted had they been a felon, etc. In many cases, these reviews were rushed and shoddily assembled based on pressure from the White House. In some cases, they weren't completed at all (I can't tell you how I know that, but I can assure you it is absolutely, unequivocally true).
It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few months. I still think impeachment is unlikely, but I also think it's more likely than it was before. Of course, then we've got to deal with Joe Jeanshorts Dirt Driveway Bare Foot Biden, but that will at least be entertaining.