or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Rumor: 'iWatch' to sport curved OLED touchscreen, Apple 'confident' and building up to 5M per month

Rumor: 'iWatch' to sport curved OLED touchscreen, Apple 'confident' and building up to 5M per month - Page 2

post #41 of 46

Bingo you are right.

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

I think the health stuff is great but I want my watch to do other stuff also like
Messaging
Compass
iPod
Apps
Recorder camera
GPS
Maps
Etc

Also if this is a health device what about the effects of electromagnetic radiation on the wearer?

My doc already says to take my iPhone out of my pocket and move my alarm clock away from my head.

Finally lol to end my monologue

I hope Apples watch team is carefully using the Pebble, Gear watch and Nike's two main watches, to see what works (no repeat of iTunes Radio?)

(Not sure that story on iTunes Radio is even true but still ...)

So you want a smartwatch to duplicate what your iPhone does. Seems pointless to me.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxtar40 View Post

A wearable device is more of a subjective "thing" than a phone. All phones are generally flat, rectangular, and remain in your pocket until needed. A watch, much more visible, is even more prone to aesthetic likes and dislikes. As much as an Apple fan as I am, if the iWatch turns out to be a glorified Fuelband or a techy bracelet like all the concept pics, it won't fit my personal tastes. I would prefer something elegant, classy, not over-the-top geeky but still fully integrated with the Apple ecosystem. I don't want to talk to it (I rarely use Siri currently because in my work env pulling up an app less obnoxious than talking to my phone during a meeting). I also am not convinced that wearable tech is the next wave; at least not the first generation. Wearing it on my wrist is only slightly more convenient that having it in my pocket. 

I wonder if Apple will cater to two markets, like they seem to be doing with the Beats acquisition. Maybe they will have a classy watch for people like you, and a trashy watch for people who like Beats.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

So you want a smartwatch to duplicate what your iPhone does. Seems pointless to me.

My 2 cents... a spectacular dress watch as beautiful as these - http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/home - sporting physical hands and limited electronic display, crammed with sensors, ULP Bluetooth, inductive charging and completely and utterly sealed.

The time at a glance, my iPhone can and does, do the rest. :) 

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQatEdo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

My 2 cents... a spectacular dress watch as beautiful as these - http://www.tagheuer.com/int-en/home - sporting physical hands and limited electronic display, crammed with sensors, ULP Bluetooth, inductive charging and completely and utterly sealed.

The time at a glance, my iPhone can and does, do the rest. :) 

Nice watches.

iPad a Dream.
iPad a Dream.
post #46 of 46
there is a device that can measure blood glucose it called Tricorder , its been around for 200 years!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Rumor: 'iWatch' to sport curved OLED touchscreen, Apple 'confident' and building up to 5M per month