or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Craig Federighi kicks off Apple's WWDC 2014 Bash featuring Bastille

Craig Federighi kicks off Apple's WWDC 2014 Bash featuring Bastille - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Que - che?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Cue?

LOL yes-  Dre spells it Q.

I did a combination

Where's the new Apple TV?

Where's the new Apple TV?
post #42 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

CF impressed me last year and raised the bar this year. I am starting to think Apple would be in great hands software-wise with him at the helm.

The supply chain has me nervous though. Once Tim Cook leaves Apple, a supply chain genius will be lost. Yes, I know Tim is probably training people to do his job, but how many people can step into his shoes to become CEO of Apple and continue to manage the supply chain and continue to produce astronomical earnings (and profits) the way Tim has? Tim is doing something Steve Jobs MOST DEFINITELY could not do!

I know I started with this response about Craig and finished with Tim, but I think it is time to give praise where praise is due... Way to go,Tim!  Way to go!!!!!!!!!

And, Craig, please keep up the awesome work! iOS and OS X are getting better and better and better with you at the helm!! Thank you!!!

Amen. Cook dies not get enough credit. The guy is obviously a workaholic, ultra-passionate about Apple and his job, and seems to be the best possible leader Apple could have at thhis point in time. Unfortunately, anything positive from his leadership is attributed to "coasting after Jobs" and anything negative perceived at Apple, he takes personal blame for. I think to any objective, informed observer, he's done an absolutely incredible job. And I think we'll have even more evidence of that this fall. 

Cook was put into an impossible position. Anyone following Steve Jobs would have been in the same boat. But this past WWDC seems to mark a significant new chapter for Apple - Volume III of the great Apple story.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Cook was put into an impossible position. Anyone following Steve Jobs would have been in the same boat. But this past WWDC seems to mark a significant new chapter for Apple - Volume III of the great Apple story.

Yep. I think last year was the start of Apple unburdening themselves from what would Steve do, and this year we're starting to see Tim Cook's Apple come into its own (Apple 3.0). Do an Instagram search on WWDC and you'll see tons of posts of developers having their picture taken with Craig and Jony. Really showing developers the love in a way I haven't seen in the past.

I've listened to a number of tech podcasts about WWDC and some are suggesting everything announced was just a matter of timing. I think that's BS. Sure certain things that required more powerful hardware (like Touch ID) couldn't have happened before now. And the new programming language was in development for 4 years or so. But other things like the software redesigns and opening up the platforms to me seem more the result of leadership changes than anything else. Steve and Scott were all about control whereas I think Tim and Craig are willing to be more open. Watching the keynote on Monday I got the feeling that Steve and Scott would have felt a lot of things announced were not necessary for 'mainstream' users; that these were power features for tech geeks. In a sense I feel they were about dumbing things down for people where as Cook and Federighi (and Ive) believe users are smarter now and don't need things dumbed down or to have their hands held. They're about giving people more power but in a simple way, not exposing the complexity behind this power. I feel this is just the beginning and am excited to see where it takes Apple in the future.

http://stratechery.com/2014/steve-jobs-wouldnt-done/

http://techpinions.com/whither-apple-or-wither-apple/31198
post #44 of 44

Craig was extremely impressive on stage, and the work he's doing is driving the core of Apple's user experience, IMO the most important part of the Apple machine. All of this leads me to believe that, barring him leaving the company, he'll take over as CEO after Mr. Cook departs. 

Or maybe I'm just wrapped up in the moment, I'm not really sure :D

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Craig Federighi kicks off Apple's WWDC 2014 Bash featuring Bastille