or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Code in iOS 8 points to multi-sized split-screen windows [u]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Code in iOS 8 points to multi-sized split-screen windows [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Hey. Blindy McBlinderson. An app made in summer 2010.




WHO’S STEALING FROM WHOM?

That's from a desktop not a tablet. Big difference.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #42 of 53
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
That's from a desktop not a tablet. Big difference.

 

… Not sure if you’re joking.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

… Not sure if you’re joking.

All I'm saying is that Apple excluded that functionality from its tablets, but the competition included it. I don’t think that it's unfathomable that Apple saw what they did, and decided it was a good enough feature to add. Anybody that calls that 'copying' is just silly. It's not a feature that's new and unique.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #44 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post

I had a (somewhat insane) idea the other day: a subscription hardware model. You pay Apple $39.99/month or whatever per iDevice, and whenever a new model comes out you get your old one replaced for free. 

I've no idea whether it would be a viable business plan, and I also suspect that it's about as likely as Apple, Google, Microsoft and Facebook announcing a four-way merger. Oh well.
So, basically leasing. That's already in place. Check Verizon Edge, AT&T Next, T-Mobile Jump, etc... they are all basically leasing contracts.
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2kW View Post

Hopefully this means that Tim Cook realizes that apple can't let it market share keep dwindling away.
Hopefully they will start offering more hardware bang for less dollars similar to how they cut their iCloud pricing.

 

apple owns 42% of the LTE market. but church of market share has been shown to mean less than you think it does. check out articles from Horace Dediu.

 

as for hardware profit -- this is apple's bread & butter and how they got to be the richest, most successful company in the world. dont bet on drastic prices changes. that being said, they still manage to drop prices on notebooks and macs now and again.

post #46 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Even a Nook allows muti-users.

 

i dont expect multi-user any time soon. the beauty of the ipad is the ultra simplicity it represents, compared to normal desktop computing. the fact that my senior citizen parents can just pick it up and start using it, *without* worrying about which user is logged in, where their apps are, accidentally re-purchasing apps,  etc, is what makes it so popular.  (maybe after Touch ID rollout everywhere, but definitely not before)

post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2kW View Post
 

So you are saying that Apple really just steals from their IOS developer/customers after taking their 15% cut.

 

there be trolls.... FYI, you may want to get your numbers straight for your next troll adventure -- the "rent" for being in the apple store is 30%, not 15%.

post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2kW View Post
 

 Its good that Cook is leaving behind the old ideas of Steve Jobs (and getting rid of a lot of the old Jobs loyal guard in the process). 

 

you have no way of knowing if that is true, since you dont work in apple HR and dont sit on the board.

 

Quote:
     Hopefully soon he will license the IOS to other phone Manufacturers.

 

that would be the stupidest thing apple could do -- so either youre trolling, or youre high.

post #49 of 53
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post
All I'm saying is that Apple excluded that functionality from its tablets, but the competition included it.

 

No, my image is directly from my iPad. I don’t understand your point here.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #50 of 53
If it's done right, I'd love to see it happen. Many times I have to resort to switching apps - even with the three/four finger swipe it's easier to just have both apps on screen if it could be done.

Maybe that's what the "resizable iPhone" reference was all about?
post #51 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, my image is directly from my iPad. I don’t understand your point here.

My mistake, I saw desktop but didn't see that it read iPad in the upper left corner. Apologies.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #52 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

3) I get why 1/2 would be useful but 1/4 and 3/4 seem like odd sizes. Does MS offer those sizes on the Surface?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That has to be one of the least intuitive or natural UI interactions we've ever seen on a tablet.

From your first message it seems you haven't used a surface as you don't know about some basically functionality, but then you rubbish the functionality you haven't seen.

But in saying that, how is is unnatural? I have seen first time tablet users with a surface and understand how to deal with the split screen first time.
post #53 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post
 

 

you have no way of knowing if that is true, since you dont work in apple HR and dont sit on the board.

 

 

that would be the stupidest thing apple could do -- so either youre trolling, or youre high.

I would gladly purchase an HTC One if it had IOS on it (I like the design and the speakers) or a NOKIA 1020 if it came with IOS (for the camera).

For me the iPhone is really about the software not the design (which I'm bored with) or the hardware (please give me a bigger screen and more megapixels on the camera and boom sound)  - Not that I consider the iPhone a bad phone hardware-wise (It's certainly ahead of the competition by two years with touchID and 64bit computing).     I don't do betas but I am really looking forward to Yosemite and IOS 8.   Even if the borrow some features from Android, they will be done better.     

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Code in iOS 8 points to multi-sized split-screen windows [u]