or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Video shows high-quality 3D render of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2

Video shows high-quality 3D render of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

The render is unrealistic in regard to the maturity of the landscaping in 2016. There's no way the trees would be that mature in two years time, when they haven't even been planted. It might look like this in 2030.

The apricots will be great some day. I hope they plant some Blenheims.

That's purely a matter of economics: you can locate and select "specimen" trees that are fully mature at a lot more advanced stage than saplings. It's just a matter of what you want to spend. Another approach is the trees have all been purchased as less mature, and so less expensive younger trees and planted and are growing now in a nursery setting, being readied for transplanting when the site is ready. That's how they did the trees on the World Trade Center site. Between modern cranes and helicopter lift capabilities there are really few practical limits on what can be placed onsite.

Go out, buy up an orchard that's about to go under the development bulldozer and there ya go: instant mature orchard!

post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Nice false concern. Come off it.

Nice false 'false concern' concern!

(But it's your usual pattern so I'm not overly concerned about it.)

post #43 of 46
Originally Posted by DESuserIGN View Post

Nice false 'false concern' concern!

(But it's your usual pattern so I'm not overly concerned about it.)

So prove me wrong. I’m not. Read the post before replying, please.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Pretty sweet. Looks fabulous. I like the music a lot too, however, in the beginning of the track I'm hearing some high static in the right channel. Is anyone else hearing that too or do I need to head over to the Apple store for some new headphones? I'm using my older Sony phones at work right now. My new AKG set is at home so I can't test it.

You need new headphones.

Edit: I sit corrected. I heard it through my speakers.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
post #45 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post

Are all the rooftops covered with solar panels? Or is that just the way is was rendered?

I would hope so. Apple would make me a sad Panda if they wasted a bunch of land mass for all of those solar panels.

Even Apple haven't yet worked out how to make pandas, let alone sad ones. However, if you ask them nicely enough, they may pander to your wishes. Don't go running into Tim Cook's office demanding they do so, though; you'll cause pandemonium.

post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

Where is employee and visitor parking?

Not shown.

Edit: TS has pointed some out.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Video shows high-quality 3D render of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2