or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google focuses on fashion with new Glass frames from designer Diane von Furstenberg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Google focuses on fashion with new Glass frames from designer Diane von Furstenberg - Page 4

post #121 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Ah, Naked Gun. I have yet to watch the third one; the trailer looks good. He sadly died recently.

Four years ago.

’Tis but the blink of an eye for this frail soul.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #122 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
I might just hang around just to make you unhappy.

Oh, that’s rich. Making me unhappy. lol.gif
Quote:
He sadly died recently.

What’s even worse is that last I heard they’re going to keep making the 4th one without him. irked.gif  

How ridiculous. He was Naked Gun.

I see Harrison is making a movie, which worries me. The fourth Indiana was a film too far, and that was ages ago.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #123 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Which means you average more than 18 a day.  Which begs the question "how many of those could have been thoughtful or had any merit?"

1) Oh yeah, just like your comments that Google only selling a handful Google Glass means it has more merit than the iPhone's success.

2) You're at 16 posts for the day so if you can't see the irony in your comment than there is no help for you.
(He's only at 15 posts but I want to see if he makes it to 16 by saying how he only has 15)
Quote:
Answer: not many.

Says that guy that says he "might just hang around just to make you unhappy" instead of actually trying to participate and offer up useful information.
Quote:
You are a mocker - as your responses to me make abundantly clear.  And that, plus your incredible volume of doing so, makes you little more than a tiny minnow swimming around a fetid pool congratulating itself on how much crap it has managed to excrete that day.

Good for you - keep up the 'work'.

That sounds like you're mocking me. More irony. You might as well keep it coming since you've already derailed the thread.


PS: Where did you get your degree in Technologistics? The DeVry Technologism Institute? Was the Futurtarianism program closed? (Now I'm mocking you)
Edited by SolipsismX - 6/23/14 at 4:52pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #124 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Then that makes you a mockmuncher?

In 31 months you've posted 17,202 comments.  Which means you average more than 18 a day.  Which begs the question "how many of those could have been thoughtful or had any merit?"

Answer: not many.

You are a mocker - as your responses to me make abundantly clear.  And that, plus your incredible volume of doing so, makes you little more than a tiny minnow swimming around a fetid pool congratulating itself on how much crap it has managed to excrete that day.

Good for you - keep up the 'work'.

I've been reading your execrable comments here aghast, but now I'm laughing. Your self-righteousness is just too much!

What you don't seem to get about Glass is that the whole concept is flawed, as Tim Cook acknowledged recently. You try to pass it off as a project that Google always meant for specialist areas like doctors, when it's very clear that they wanted it to become the cool thing that hipsters wear, shortly followed by the great unwashed.

But do give me one of your long-winded replies; I need a good laugh.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #125 of 159
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post
I see Harrison is making a movie, which worries me.

 

I think that Star Wars Episode VII will be his swan song, as it were. To me, he can still pull off Han Solo.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #126 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I think that Star Wars Episode VII will be his swan song, as it were. To me, he can still pull off Han Solo.

He broke his leg. He's out for an estimated 6 months and he's a major focus of the film but Disney wants the movie to launch in December 2015 (18 months). So they may have to rewrite it or delay it. Personally I hope they don't cut corners but frankly I've been over Star Wars since the prequels so I have no personal, only professional, desire.

I am looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #127 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
I see Harrison is making a movie, which worries me.

I think that Star Wars Episode VII will be his swan song, as it were. To me, he can still pull off Han Solo.

Oh sure. He was fine in the Crystal Skull; it was just the rest of the film that wasn't.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #128 of 159
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
I am looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy.

 

I’m looking forward to Marvel’s universe come crashing down at the hands of an anthropomorphic raccoon. :rolleyes:

 

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post
He was fine in the Crystal Skull; it was just the rest of the film that wasn't.

 

But the Rifftrax for it is great. 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #129 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

You wanted to compare this to the iPhone so lets do it. The iPhone hit the market in June 2007. In October 2009 it was in its 3rd iteration which vastly improved HW and new design over the original model. In the same 2.25 years how has the Google Glass HW evolved and improved in terms of looks and capabilities? I see nothing to show that even the CPU was updated from that fateful developer release over 2 years ago. On top of that, the iPhone from past years was now significantly reduced in price whereas Google Glass is still holding the same price for a device launched over 27 months ago.

Jump ahead another 12 months and you have the iPhone 4 that was significantly thinner, with even more battery life, greater performance, and sporting a Retina Display. In 12 months will there be a new Google Glass on the market? That's the difference.

Google fucked up!

No, you don't understand¡ You're not seeing the big picture¡ This is the start of much larger things¡

1tongue.gif

Sounds like more promises. Wake me when everyone wants to wear Glass.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #130 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkndrublic View Post



LOL. We're gonna have to see his technologist diploma. From DeVry Institute of Technologism. lol.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #131 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Google fucked up!

Yes they did.

Surely you meant to say, "Oh no they didn't!" 😃
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #132 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

In 31 months you've posted 17,202 comments.  Which means you average more than 18 a day.  Which begs the question "how many of those could have been thoughtful or had any merit?"

Answer: not many.

You are a mocker - as your responses to me make abundantly clear.  And that, plus your incredible volume of doing so, makes you little more than a tiny minnow swimming around a fetid pool congratulating itself on how much crap it has managed to excrete that day.

Good for you - keep up the 'work'.

You've posted over 18 times today- Which begs the question "how many of those could have been thoughtful or had any merit?"

Isn't it time to go to bed? Why tease us with the thought of you leaving just to have to hear your drivel some more. Regardless of what you post, here is why you'll always be wrong:
You and gatorguy agree on an issue. That means, by default, you're wrong. Nothing else need be said.

We all accept your apology

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #133 of 159

turd-polish.gif

Shut up and go away, you useless, pathetic FUDmonger - Tallest Skil
Reply
Shut up and go away, you useless, pathetic FUDmonger - Tallest Skil
Reply
post #134 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Oh sure. He was fine in the Crystal Skull; it was just the rest of the film that wasn't.

To paraphrase Indiana Jones, "[Harrison Ford] belongs in a museum!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Calling me names. Really?

In his defense he said you're acting like one, he did not say you are one. He has made other ad hominem attacks but not there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Tat ta for now!

Which translates to "I'm writing my next comment right now."

PS: We look forward too you showering us with your technologism..
Edited by SolipsismX - 6/23/14 at 6:38pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #135 of 159
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Tat ta for now!

 

When you have an argument other than “I’m leaving, therefore I’m right”, feel free to let us know.

 

BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAVE. AND YOU NEVER ACTUALLY LEAVE.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #136 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

When you have an argument other than “I’m leaving, therefore I’m right”, feel free to let us know.

 

BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAVE. AND YOU NEVER ACTUALLY LEAVE.

 

That's the thing about Tekstud... Same old $#*t, different name.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #137 of 159

Well that escalated quickly, don't ever argue with a technologist, no matter what they are always correct.  And when they're wrong, you are a douche bag. 

iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
Reply
iMac 2007, Macbook pro 2008, Mac Mini 2011
Reply
post #138 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

In his defense he said you're acting like one, he did not say you are one. He has made other ad hominem attacks but not there.

A technicality. The difference between a simile and metaphor isn't enough to excuse that comment. You know what he meant.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #139 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

He broke his leg. He's out for an estimated 6 months and he's a major focus of the film but Disney wants the movie to launch in December 2015 (18 months). So they may have to rewrite it or delay it. Personally I hope they don't cut corners but frankly I've been over Star Wars since the prequels so I have no personal, only professional, desire.

I am looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Why can't Han Solo have a broken leg? Or just do the new thing and do a digital "head replacement" of Harrison's head on a body double. They did it with Armie Hammer in The Social Network.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #140 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

 

. . . you don't even have the intellectual honesty (or perhaps capacity) to recognize that you are biased - tremendously so.  

 

Apple insider is, in general, a den of irrationality . . .

 

Being the biggest douche in the room, or swinging your dick around harder than the rest of the monkeys, doesn't establish your superiority or make you an endearing human . . .

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

 

I simply like cool technology, and I'm happy to recognize it wherever it comes from, and regardless of the logo affixed to it.

 

You are irrational - you and the rest of the fanzis here.  You are truly irrational in your absolute hatred, mockery, and dismissive attitudes towards anything non-Apple.

 

 It is really sad the way you willingly lobotomize yourselves and render yourselves incapable of gaining value of benefit from non-Apple products.  You can't even bring yourselves to admit it when someone else does something neat.

 

I see no reason to slavishly tie myself to any particular company.  I don't need to invest a fragile ego into feeling superior about a stupid product and my support of it.  Quite the opposite - I get value from being willing to evaluate technologies on the benefit of the technologies alone.  Because ultimately I have more opportunities doing so.

 

 

So, I'm not the only one who feels this way!

post #141 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

...instead of talking civilly about the ideas I brought to the table.

No, we clearly mocked your comments, but only after you got upset with logical and systematic dismantling of your poorly contrived arguments.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #142 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


No, we clearly mocked your comments, but only after you got upset with logical and systematic dismantling of your poorly contrived arguments.

There was nothing systematic or logical about what you said.  The conversation went south when you kept insisting that Google F'd up, and then aimed that same nonsense at me personally.  And I called you on it, and then you responded by mocking me.

 

You got exactly what you deserved, and i'll happily bring more of it to you if you would like.

 

On the other hand if you'd like to start refraining from personal insults and generally obnoxious, degrading behavior, I will do likewise.

post #143 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

You got exactly what you deserved, and i'll happily bring more of it to you if you would like.

I got what I deserved?




PS: Google fucked up.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #144 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


I got what I deserved?




PS: Google fucked up.

 

This is clearly a case of being able to dish it out but not being able to take it. Try exercising a little emotional maturity.

post #145 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Yes you did.  When you openly mock and antagonize people, you shouldn't be surprised when they turn around and clock you.  If you aren't willing to receive the kind of treatment you dish out, you might want to consider changing your behavior.

In any case, although I've found it very entertaining, i'm going to block you now.  But i've decide to stick around so that I can irritate you as often as possible by doing more than simply joining the 'Apple good, all others crappy' caveman chorus.

Wow! If you think your comments are "clocking me" which is somehow putting me in my place I would love to know what you've written that would lead you to that conclusion.

Funny, you keep making personal attacks while constantly claiming others are making them toward you yet you seem to be the only upset by comments that tear apart your passport comments while everyone else is laughing at your attempts to attacks others. I say keep it up. Knock yourself out. Now that I know you're trying to hurt my feelings I'll see what I can do to massage your ego.


PS: Google fucked up. (That's not a personal attack. Now if I said someone's parents fucked up that would be a personal attack against said person, but I would never say that.)
Edited by SolipsismX - 6/23/14 at 9:07pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #146 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post



So, I'm not the only one who feels this way!

There's Star Wars talk. And you respond to this? You sadden me R2D2...

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #147 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

What a turd you are.  "Now if I said your parents f'd up".  That's just amazing - what a disingenuous prick.    See, that's the sort of passive aggressive nonsense I'm calling you on.  You and I both know that by saying that, you insulted me while simultaneously attempting to pretend you didn't.  And I suppose that there are many people who wouldn't have been insightful enough to pick up on that, or who might otherwise have elected to let it slide by like the slick piece of sewer directed effluent it is.  But i'm not presently so inclined.

I defended your sphincter comment as it wasn't technically an ad hominem but now you want to get all upset by making an inference? Seems like you want to dish it out (feebly) but you can't take it. Shame on your comments for being constantly irrational and hypocritical.
Quote:
And yes, I am personally attacking you.  Yes - I am indeed doing so, because you chose to direct your passive-aggressive patronizing BS my way.

No need to point it out now as you've been attacking people in this thread all day for not agreeing with your comments. That's the problem people are having with your comments.
Quote:
And I just want to make sure you recognize I'm not stupid enough to have failed to notice, nor am I intimidated enough by your copious use of the 'report' button to care if I get banned from this useless forum anyway.  At least if that happens, I will have clued at least one trollish imbecile (you) into the knowledge that their behavior is oafish, immature, and destined for a bad outcome.

I only ever use it to report other people being attacked, and I have yet to report you for anything in this thread nor intend to
Quote:
So be aware that I'll continue to directly attack you and antagonize you each and every time you choose to try and slyly and indirectly attack and antagonize me.  Because I see no reason to tap dance and pretend there is a civil discussion going on when there isn't.

If you feel a need to personally attack me I give you carte blanche to do your worst but I guarantee you attacking me directly will not affect on my ability to repeatedly tear down your contradictory comments with my attempts at humour and wit.
Quote:
Again, when you choose to stop acting like a puerile child, I'll stop telling you that you are.  Or I'll stop when I'm banned.

That sounds like trollish behavior to me. Why not try to evaluate why others thought your comments were flawed instead of just attacking them? Perhaps you could have used that to refine your position, use better language that properly conveyed your point more clearly, or even thought about the concepts and reasons you were took the time to write instead of calling them names and claiming that you're a technologist who is platform agnostic in some weird attempt to get people to instantly respect what you have to say without any substance to back it up.
Quote:
But as long as you choose to come to the table with backhanded insults and general antagonism, I'll be happy to return a direct response that clearly spells out what a childish nitwit you are being.

Do what you can. Cards on the table: I'm just curious how many times you can post in this thread in a 24 hour period.
Edited by SolipsismX - 6/23/14 at 9:53pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #148 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

There's Star Wars talk. And you respond to this? You sadden me R2D2...

Speaking of Star Wars and The Guardians of the Galaxy I thought this was done well.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #149 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post


There's Star Wars talk. And you respond to this? You sadden me R2D2...

 

Lol - sorry to disappoint! I am patiently waiting for the next Battlefront for PS4 as well as the movie!

post #150 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

You and several others today have spent an inordinate amount of time mocking me, the person, instead of talking civilly about the ideas I brought to the table.  And I've noticed that this pattern of communication pretty much typifies how you behave here.  So I'm going to treat you with the disrespect and contempt with which behavior of that sort roundly deserves, rather than allow you to skate by because you choose not to be overt or direct.  Overt or not, we all know what you mean when you patronize and snark at someone - you are belittling them as people and at the same time studiously avoiding an actual debate.  I presume that's because you haven't got anything intelligent to actually say.  

Perhaps it would be better if I just looked the other way, but I'm in a bit of an off mood today and I don't feel like letting ignorant kiddies flap gum at my expense.  So I'm letting you know what obnoxious twits you actually are.  If you want to have a civil debate, I'm happy.  But if you want to openly mock and deride me, then I'm going to very directly let you know what how imbecilic you are behaving.

 

I merely mocked the faux authority you bestowed on yourself in calling yourself a "technologist," but you chose to take it as an insult of you. Oh my, you are very insecure.

 

Need more proof?

 

Anyone who wants to preen about how much more "rational" and "civil" and "respectful" they are is full of themselves. Rational, civil, respectful are how you act, not things you brag about. The better man will simply act the better man, nothing more. He does not need to wear his virtues on his sleeve and advertise how much better he is than everyone else.

 

Other signs of insecurity:

  1. Unable to take criticism of one's "ideas" (including in the form of mockery) and to defend those ideas calmly, rationally, or thoughtfully. Usually because the person can't separate themselves from their ideas.
  2. Quick to go on the offensive over the mildest perceived slight.
  3. Not being able to admit when they're plainly wrong.

 

You don't believe in your ideas; you need people to agree with you, to validate you. Because there's simply no other reason to get so worked up over the reactions from a bunch of anonymous strangers on the Internet. We are all a bunch of nobodies with nothing better to do. Just like you. Any "victory" over the likes of us forum dwellers would only satiate the weakest and most pitiful of egos.

 

Secondly, you're not interested in civil debate. How do I know? Because it's been 24 hours and you haven't answered thoughtful rebuttals to your posts. You claim I don't engage in actual debate? Go ahead and click on that link; I'm still waiting for a reply. I dare you to reply to a real debate.

 

You should stop pretending you're better than everyone in these forums. Stop waving the "technologist" or "developer" card around like it makes you something special. You're not, get over yourself. Then maybe we can have a real debate.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #151 of 159

I used to think these things were too ugly to take off. But I cant walk out the door these days without bumping into someone wearing a huge pair of headphones that were so laughable a couple of years ago. Must have been thousands of them in the mall on Saturday  - some on their head and others around their neck so everyone can see. I still find them laughable, and will probably never bring myself to wear google glass but I am old and still wear my pants up around my waist.  

 

Never underestimate the stupidity of fashion.

post #152 of 159
Wow guys... great thread and entertainment!

On topic: did I really hear the "talking beef jerky" ask the somewhat pretty ginger how long she worked on the frames and she replied with, "one-and-a-half years"?

Now that's F**** up!.... just sayin'... carry on mobbing the technologist while I look into who that ginger is...1smoking.gif
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
Knowing what you are talking about would help you understand why you are so wrong. By "Realistic" - AI Forum Member
Reply
post #153 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post
 

 

You don't believe in your ideas; you need people to agree with you, to validate you. Because there's simply no other reason to get so worked up over the reactions from a bunch of anonymous strangers on the Internet. We are all a bunch of nobodies with nothing better to do. Just like you. Any "victory" over the likes of us forum dwellers would only satiate the weakest and most pitiful of egos.

 

 

The funny thing is that you guys are so worked up trying to act like you're not worked up that you are missing the bigger picture. tt92618 keeps giving you more & more rope and you keep pulling it while claiming that people that do so are insecure. You can't see how you're being played and this tail is wagging the dog! Oh, the irony!

 

Let me put it another way - Never argue with an insecure person because other people watching won't be able to tell the difference.

 

Bazinga!

post #154 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post

The funny thing is that you guys are so worked up trying to act like you're not worked up that you are missing the bigger picture. tt92618 keeps giving you more & more rope and you keep pulling it while claiming that people that do so are insecure. You can't see how you're being played and this tail is wagging the dog! Oh, the irony!

Let me put it another way - Never argue with an insecure person because other people watching won't be able to tell the difference.

Bazinga!

That doesn't matter to me.

(That's how you can tell us apart) 1smile.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #155 of 159
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

You and several others today have spent an inordinate amount of time mocking me, the person, instead of talking civilly about the ideas I brought to the table.

 

Yep.

 

Oh, wait, no, that’s YOU, who decided that the number of posts a person has invalidates their argument.

 

Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

i'm going to block you now.

 

HEY EVERYONE. HE’S LEAVING AGAIN. THEREFORE HE’S RIGHT. AGAIN. JUST FYI.

 

Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

to care if I get banned from this useless forum anyway.

 

I’ll make a note of explicitly telling Marvin this, then. When you’re banned, I’m sure you won’t care, either. And you certainly won’t make a new account–in violation of our rules–to come back and tell us one last time that you’re leaving.

 
At least if that happens, I will have clued at least one trollish imbecile (you) into the knowledge that their behavior is oafish, immature, and destined for a bad outcome.

 

This is how pathetic you actually are. :lol: 

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #156 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post
 

 

Actually, you are the one being extreme and 'insane' here.  Glass is already seeing use in certain verticals, and it is the only implementation of a hands free augmented reality device to be even a little practical or functional.  And as a matter of fact, Glass works astoundingly well all things considered.  So to roundly dismiss it as a failure because you don't see half the crowd on the street wearing them is, really, just very ignorant.  In fact, it verges on being willfully stupid.

Google isn't the first company to do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post
 

 

Saying over and over that Google F'd up doesn't mean it is true.  Your assumptions and biases are at fault, because you insist that the product is even intended to have a mass market appeal.  But of course it isn't, and insisting that it should is a bit like insisting that the average person should want to go buy a stethoscope.  So you are essentially leveling the argument that a manufacturer of stethoscopes has failed because you don't see half the crowd on the subway wearing them.  And that sort of argument is rubbish, lets be honest.

 

Glass is an experiment.  So are Google's self driving cars.  They are efforts to build 'version 1' of an entirely new category of things, and to work toward consumer uses of these technologies.  Arguing that they are failures because the entire category as a consumer grade phenomenon is nascent at this time is, in my opinion, an absurd position to take.

Just curious...did they market it to customers as an experiment?

post #157 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
 

Google isn't the first company to do this.

 

Just curious...did they market it to customers as an experiment?

 

1) No one said they were but out of curiosity who was the first company to do this?

 

2) In a word, yes - and they still do. They call it an open beta and in the beginning you had to be invited into the "Explorers  Program."

 

https://www.google.com/glass/start/

post #158 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
 

 

1) No one said they were but out of curiosity who was the first company to do this?

 

2) In a word, yes - and they still do. They call it an open beta and in the beginning you had to be invited into the "Explorers  Program."

 

https://www.google.com/glass/start/

1) that part of my comment was a mistake - it was a draft that I didn't finish & forgot to discard.

I'm sure you could find the answer to this by searching.

2) There's one born every minute.

post #159 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post
 

The tech crowd didn't even buy it!

 

You make love to Google's products- did you buy one?  No?  Then that just further proves it was a heap of shit that the world doesn't want.  There was no "window" because no one wanted it!

As a consumer device Google Glass is a failure, but there are many niche projects where Glass will succeed.  For instance, I think some version of it will end up in hospitals providing info to docs.  The reason is that doctors need access to information and if they have sterile gloves on they can't touch screens or other things outside the sterile field. Another example is the group that used Google Glass for giving deaf people information in a museum. 

 

Obviously Google isn't going to make a return on its investment.  But it was clearly an advancement in technology.  Google's efforts are also good for Apple. It is very valuable for Apple to observe market failures. Apple then makes a decision about whether the competitor failed because of a poor market opportunity or poor execution.  For instance, the tablet market clearly existed in 2010, but Microsoft had failed to properly execute.  In the case of Google Glass, I think Google misjudged the market, which is why you won't see Apple releasing camera glasses.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Google focuses on fashion with new Glass frames from designer Diane von Furstenberg