or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google looks to squeeze Apple in emerging markets with new Android One program

Google looks to squeeze Apple in emerging markets with new Android One program - Page 3

post #81 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

How are you doing Relic?

How can it not be Google's fault? If Apple can do it with their "limited" market share, why can't Googs do it with their "winning" market share? Fact is , Google doesn't give a shit. You still get ads in 2.X as you would with 4.X.

It's not Google's fault when they are releasing updates in a timely matter but the carriers choose not to use them for their phones.

I'm still breathing even with one lung so that's something, heavily medicated, started to develop really bad back problems because I lay around all day and my husband won't touch me because he's afraid he'll break me. Besides that, just peachy, no I'm just being depressing, I feel better, my strength is slowly returning, I'm eating a little bit better and I have lots of people around me who love me. Thank you so much asking, I really appreciate that.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #82 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

iOS users are more intelligent than Android users, which means that they are inherently less susceptible to phishing attacks. So whilst in theory both platform users are vulnerable, Android users are more vulnerable.

:mad:

There are exceptions. 😃

“I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.”
post #83 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It's not Google's fault when they are releasing updates in a timely matter but the carriers choose not to use them for their phones.

I'm still breathing even with one lung so that's something, heavily medicated, started to develop really bad back problems because I lay around all day and my husband won't touch me because he's afraid he'll break me. Besides that, just peachy, no I'm just being depressing, I feel better, my strength is slowly returning, I'm eating a little bit better and I have lots of people around me who love me. Thank you so much asking, I really appreciate that.

It is Googles fault. They should have mandated it.

You're welcome. It wouldn't be AI if I don't see one of your long posts. 1smile.gif
post #84 of 91
'Google looks to squeeze Apple...'

So Google is going into smoothies now?

Ever the un-focused. I guess they made their first foray with Samsung: 'our sales were smooth.'
post #85 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

By using my brain.

And how do we know with absolute certainty that you're intelligent, or that your brain is an effective gauge for intelligence?

"Mummy, why is the moon white?"
"Because it's made of cheese"
"Why?"
"So the man in the moon can eat it."
"Why?"
"So he doesn't go hungry."
"Why?"

Ad infinitum…
post #86 of 91
Quote:

"Mummy, why is the moon white?"
"Because it's made of cheese"
"Why?"
"So the man in the moon can eat it."
"Why?"
"So he doesn't go hungry."
"Why?"

Ad infinitum…

It's not infinite because he'll eventually eat himself out of moon. lol.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #87 of 91

Possibly Android phones will become entry level devices in emerging markets, and then those customers will want to upgrade to an iPhone later on. ;-)

post #88 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsoc View Post

Possibly Android phones will become entry level devices in emerging markets, and then those customers will want to upgrade to an iPhone later on. ;-)

You're describing the present.
post #89 of 91
Quote:

Android One hasn't launched yet. I'm (kind of facetiously) suggesting that Android One might give a leg-up to Apple in emerging markets in the longer term. But who knows, really. 

post #90 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingsoc View Post

Quote:

Android One hasn't launched yet. I'm (kind of facetiously) suggesting that Android One might give a leg-up to Apple in emerging markets in the longer term. But who knows, really. 

Oh, I see. Yes, it seems to me that Google's focus is now on the low-end of the market. They've abandoned any pretence of keeping up with Apple.

Quite where Samsung fits into that scenario, I don't know. I think they will have to sink into the mud whence they came. Hope they have hippo brains.
post #91 of 91
Quote:

Quite where Samsung fits into that scenario, I don't know. I think they will have to sink into the mud whence they came. Hope they have hippo brains.

Samsung's an interesting one, because they try to cater to all ends of the market.

I actually think that Samsung should spend a lot of time updating their Android UI to make it "material-esque" and to dramatically improve usability and responsiveness.

Aside from that, I think Samsung's big issue (generally) is quality. They might see some advantage in thinning out their model line up and improving build/materials quality, as well as anything they do with their UI.

Having said that, I think that Samsung will continue to "lead from behind" in the short term. I actually think that their lack of strategy may end up biting them over the next couple of years.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Google looks to squeeze Apple in emerging markets with new Android One program
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google looks to squeeze Apple in emerging markets with new Android One program