or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Inc. employees pass out free iTunes song cards at San Francisco LGBT Pride Parade

Apple, Inc. employees pass out free iTunes song cards at San Francisco LGBT Pride Parade - Page 3

post #81 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by r98266 View Post

You can go to gay pride parades and get a card if you really want one. They allow straight people to attend. Be an ally, not a jerk.

You missed the whole point of my post... Apple should be an "ally" to which special interest group next then?

Apple makes phones in China... How does this support tibetan buddhists? One could argue they have been subjugated by China. So tibetans are not as worthy of attention why? Because not enough tibetans work for apple or what?

Marching for one community cause but not another? What makes the LGBT crowd more deserving of my attention than any number of other "causes"?

Should muslims and jews and christians stop buying apple products next in protest?

HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT SHAREHOLDERS for a company to put its name on the line for minority causes? Once apple went public its duty became THE SHAREHOLDERS, not the shareholders that support LGBT causes.

I am not saying apple employees cant support whatever causes they want to... Just don't do it on the shareholder's dime. Maybe pick causes that benefit everyone in the human race, not just a few people whose brains are wired a certain way.
post #82 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

It's unlikely that I would ever find myself at any LGBT parade, and I don't live in San Francisco, but where is my free iTunes card handed out to me for being an awesome heterosexual?:err:

Where's my parade?

According to the article, it's only a pass for one free song, so it's not a big deal, but has Apple ever handed out any free iTunes cards at other types of parades?

It doesn't really matter. iTunes gives away a song every week and Starbucks does pretty much the same thing. If I were at this parade, I'd have been offended at the cheapness of the Apple gesture. I'm sure they have spent more on creamer this year for the staff coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

Quote:

What I wrote is meant to be taken with a grain of salt, as I'm just trying to be funny sometimes.

But I do find it ironic that if a group of people representing people like me (regular guy, white male, heterosexual) were to hold a special parade to celebrate ourselves, it would probably be reported as being a hate group on the march.:lol: 

Pride parades are not held so people can "celebrate themselves."

You should inform yourself about the history of gays lesbians and trans people and why parades are held. 

When white men are a minority in both number and in political power, and are routinely subjected to violence, concerted social stigma, religious pogroms and other forms of discrimination targeting their identity as a vulnerable, outnumbered group, then you can have your support group and march for equal rights. 

Waving white power flags when you already have clear economic and political advantages does sound like a hate group because when you have all the privilege and demand more, the only place you can take it from is from those who are already treated as unequals by your majority power group.

But really, why does this need to be explained to you? Do you think "white male heterosexuals" are anything other than privileged? Look around a little. 

You'd do well to inform yourself as well. Just because part of a group is the "winner" in the game of life doesn't mean a large part of the same group isn't the "loser" of the same game. 97% of all workplaces deaths are men. Men have a 600% higher suicide rate. White men only live as long as black women and are outlived by white women by 8 years. Men as a whole are only 40% of college students. Check the percentage of men who are in prison, who work in the worst and most damaging jobs, etc. See who works the most hours, goes to prison more in terms of gender, etc.

Also check your facts, in California, white males and white overall are not the majority or even the majority minority. You are operating from a dated and antiquated set of assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:

It's unlikely that I would ever find myself at any LGBT parade, and I don't live in San Francisco, but where is my free iTunes card handed out to me for being an awesome heterosexual?1bugeye.gif

Where's my parade?

According to the article, it's only a pass for one free song, so it's not a big deal, but has Apple ever handed out any free iTunes cards at other types of parades?
So who's next to get a free iTunes card? Not white heterosexual anything, that's for sure. lol.gif

I'd suspect if your time is worth anything, even minimum wage that the time you've spent being outraged is worth more than the card they gave out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Quote:

But I do find it ironic that if a group of people representing people like me (regular guy, white male, heterosexual) were to hold a special parade to celebrate ourselves, it would probably be reported as being a hate group on the march.:lol: 

While I'm totally okay with a LGBT parade, I do find it hypocritical with other groups to display their pride (and heritage) yet deny other's the same freedom.

It was a few years ago where I read an article about a teenager that was suspended for wanting to organize a "Caucasian" club.  At the same school there were other clubs such as the Black club, Asian club, and a Latino ("La Raza") club, and of course a Gay club.  The girl just wanted a gathering of like-folks that felt left out as she felt they were not represented, yet the other "clubs" demanded the club be shut down due to racial concerns.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

I felt this exact response this year when reading about the graduation ceremonies at a state college local to me. CSUSB. The college had a separate ceremony for Latino students, but they are over 55% of the student body and the entire campus was only 17% white. To complain that 40% of that 17% (aka white males) are keeping everyone down is ridiculous. Likewise screaming that you need a minority representation ceremony and separate graduation when you are 55% of the student body is equally ridiculous. If that 55% were white we all know how this would play out. Now that it is 55% Hispanic, the rules change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

While I'm totally okay with a LGBT parade, I do find it hypocritical with other groups to display their pride (and heritage) yet deny other's the same freedom.

It was a few years ago where I read an article about a teenager that was suspended for wanting to organize a "Caucasian" club.  At the same school there were other clubs such as the Black club, Asian club, and a Latino ("La Raza") club, and of course a Gay club.  The girl just wanted a gathering of like-folks that felt left out as she felt they were not represented, yet the other "clubs" demanded the club be shut down due to racial concerns.

Hypocrisy everywhere.

I can how that is hypocrisy on the surface but I have to question the intention of the person. Because America was founded by so many Europeans that were able to maintain their culture and heritage I find it odd to have just a caucasian club. In anthropology Caucasoids envelope a wide range of people from Western India to Northern Africa and throughout Europe.

The term "like folks" strikes me as odd because the only "like" about being labeled caucasian really does come across as racist, but if you are Asian, "black" or gay in the US you probably encounter issues and likely have a smaller support group in most societies. If she was starting an Irish, German, French, or Italian club I would bet that would be fine. Or perhaps in a school where the Caucasians are a minority, as Howard Stern talks about, I would think a group would be allowed.

I think you are conflating different concepts of race. There are races like you mention, caucasoid and negroid as examples but the European concept of race is more about country and nationality. Italians and Irish were certainly not considered equals in ability and stature to the English who largely founded America by said English. They were considered lower and inferior races by the English. This is also true of most other "races" outside of the United States when discussing racial matters. You would see Cambodians and Filipinos be deeply offended if you considered them the same race. You might even end up in a fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I can how that is hypocrisy on the surface but I have to question the intention of the person. Because America was founded by so many Europeans that were able to maintain their culture and heritage I find it odd to have just a caucasian club. In anthropology Caucasoids envelope a wide range of people from Western India to Northern Africa and throughout Europe.

The term "like folks" strikes me as odd because the only "like" about being labeled caucasian really does across as racist, but if you are Asian, "black" or gay in the US you probably encounter issues. If she was starting an Irish, German, French, or Italian club I would bet that would be fine. Or perhaps in a school where the Caucasians are a minority, as Howard Stern talks about, I would think a group would be allowed.
Yes, what is the common cultural 'bond' among Caucasians? What is societal injustice experienced by the Caucasian community that would drive the need or desire to form a 'group'? Sulkingly comparing oneself to others is hardly valid.

You really need to do some reading. The ignorance in this post is a bit insulting. There is a strong and well known history of Anti-Irish and Anti-Italian sentiment in the U.S.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #83 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by rf9 View Post

It's hilarious that anyone has an issue with Apple showing up for pride when they are only one of many Silicon Valley companies to attend including Google, Facebook, and Intel.

With millions of my money on the line, i don't think its that hilarious that a company will take sides and attempt to alienate potential customers.

They might as well march with christians in iraq next since they have been discriminated against and need apple's support.

Who hasn't been discriminated against? LGBT can get in line.

Shareholders are the ones being discriminated against here.
post #84 of 197
Quote:

Now, now, let's not be too harsh on those countries. You wouldn't want to be called one of those "islamophobes", now would you?:lol:

It's merely their culture, and who are we to criticize those nice people?:no:

I remember reading a news story a few months ago and seeing a photo of a few gay men who were hanged in Iran. Why can't you just understand that's their business, their laws, and besides, the US is equally as bad. In the US, there was this LGBT parade and the participants were given free iTunes cards, that's practically on the same level as being sentenced to death. :wow: Let's focus on the US, and let's attack anybody who dares say a bad word about any other place in the world where gays are actually dangling from ropes.:lol: 

Yeah crazy pointing out facts. You know it's just a culture of strapping a bomb to yourself running into a crowd and killing women and children. Or a woman needing four male witnesses to confirm she was raped. Girls being stolen from schools in Nigeria and being sold a slaves. Gays being killed simply because they are gay and how dare I "pick" those countries and post it. 

We don't have 12 Million illegals in this country because it sucks so bad. Our border patrol can't even kept up with the people trying to get into this country. Hard to even take most of the members on this forum seriously. 

As for gay rights maybe instead of defining marriage between and man and a woman we should simply define it as two people that can pro-create. Oh wait that would be the same thing. 

I could give a shit less that Tim Cook is gay, however people arguing that he isn't is just plan stupid. 

post #85 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazar View Post

You missed the whole point of my post... Apple should be an "ally" to which special interest group next then?

Apple makes phones in China... How does this support tibetan buddhists? One could argue they have been subjugated by China. So tibetans are not as worthy of attention why? Because not enough tibetans work for apple or what?

Marching for one community cause but not another? What makes the LGBT crowd more deserving of my attention than any number of other "causes"?

Should muslims and jews and christians stop buying apple products next in protest?

HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT SHAREHOLDERS for a company to put its name on the line for minority causes? Once apple went public its duty became THE SHAREHOLDERS, not the shareholders that support LGBT causes.

I am not saying apple employees cant support whatever causes they want to... Just don't do it on the shareholder's dime. Maybe pick causes that benefit everyone in the human race, not just a few people whose brains are wired a certain way.

Don't like it? Sell. Invest somewhere else.
post #86 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

As for gay rights maybe instead of defining marriage between and man and a woman we should simply define it as two people that can pro-create. Oh wait that would be the same thing. 

It's so tiresome to read the same idiotic comments that have been brought up and debated into every single courtroom only to be debunked time after time after time. Why don't you educate yourself instead of pontificating like a complete imbecile and making an ass of yourself in public.

post #87 of 197
Quote:

Right on. I would suggest Exxon, Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby. Oh, and there's a lovely creationist Noah's Ark amusement park ride looking for attendants, why don't you get a job there blazar. You'll love it.

post #88 of 197
Quote:

With millions of my money on the line, i don't think its that hilarious that a company will take sides and attempt to alienate potential customers.

They might as well march with christians in iraq next since they have been discriminated against and need apple's support.

Shareholders are the ones being discriminated against here.

I think you completely missed the point that most of the prominent silicon valley companies sponsored their employees as well.  This is not an Apple thing.

This isn't takings sides.  This is supporting their employees.  Employees are free to organize and ask for corporate sponsorship for any cause or charity they want.  If American Asian, African American, or Islamic Americans want to organize and ask for corporate sponsorship for them to show and march, they're welcome to.

"At many companies, support for pride parades and festivals is being fueled by internal Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender councils who are given small budgets and freedom to spend that money where they choose."

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_26047890/from-apple-virgin-america-corporate-involvement-at-gay

Edited by rf9 - 6/29/14 at 11:04pm
post #89 of 197
Quote:

He probably should pull his money out of a lot of other companies too.

From Apple to Virgin America, corporate involvement at gay pride parades is on the rise
http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_26047890/from-apple-virgin-america-corporate-involvement-at-gay

Edited by rf9 - 6/29/14 at 11:03pm
post #90 of 197
First world investor probs.
Edited by r98266 - 6/29/14 at 10:59pm
post #91 of 197

It's great to see Apple continuing to support civil rights, through Tim Cook's leadership. I remember that Steve Jobs was quite progressively-minded in terms of having a social conscience, and it's good to see that Tim Cook continues that philosophy.

Some in this thread have suggested that Tim Cook somehow lacks "class" by being involved in this parade - I'm not sure exactly how being a champion for civil rights equates to a lack of "class". Perhaps those who were associated with the civil rights movement in the early 1960's were also considered to "lack class" due to an outward support for such rights.

More broadly, this is interesting because I think it runs very counter to the anti-Apple narrative, which suggest that Apple is becoming a monolithic, "evil corporation" in a similar vein to Microsoft at the height of its power. You often hear people complaining about Apple as if it's some kind of evil overlord.

But really, if you look at the huge investments Apple has made in things like renewable energy and recyclable materials (not to mention their support for civil rights and their increasing focus on improving working conditions within their supply chain); it becomes very difficult to genuinely label Apple as an organisation without a social conscience.

In the modern age, I tend to think that social conscience means a lot to people - both trade partners and consumers alike. That is, people want great products, sure, but they also want to know that they are buying products from "the good guy" - or at least, from a company that behaves as a "good corporate citizen".

I think Apple clearly ticks these boxes, and then some. Other large corporations could learn a great deal from Tim Cook when it comes to this issue.

Quote:
Blazar

The thing is, improved civil rights indirectly benefit everyone - we all have an interest in a fairer society, whether we actively know it or not. Good corporate citizens should be on the side of greater freedoms and rights, especially when those same corporations routinely argue for greater freedoms in other areas (such as net neutrality and so on).

post #92 of 197
@Ingsoc
I think I love you.
post #93 of 197
Quote:

It's hilarious that anyone has an issue with Apple showing up for pride when they are only one of many Silicon Valley companies to attend including Google, Facebook, and Intel.

You forget the forum meme involved: it's only wrong when Apple does it.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #94 of 197

I don't think being homosexual (or heterosexual for that matter) is something to be proud of. Pride is when you set yourself a difficult (but achievable) goal and then work hard, have self discipline, and finally, after much effort, achieve it. That feeling you get then is pride. What they are talking about is more being "Unashamed" or "Guilt free" which is not the same concept. 

post #95 of 197
Quote:

Thanks for being the first person to provide something balanced to this thread.

post #96 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascii View Post

I don't think being homosexual (or heterosexual for that matter) is something to be proud of. Pride is when you set yourself a difficult (but achievable) goal and then work hard, have self discipline, and finally, after much effort, achieve it. That feeling you get then is pride. What they are talking about is more being "Unashamed" or "Guilt free" which is not the same concept. 

I don't think the pride is about being LGB or T, I think it's pride for overcoming adversity (violence and discrimination) toward being it. Another definition is about being proud of the public acknowledgement of it (not living in fear.) These are the accomplishments so to speak.One example is Black Pride, a similar situation. Also some nationality have pride celebrations to demonstrate their pride for having overcome oppression.

In any case this isn't about the LGBT pride celebration. This is about Apple's evolvement.
Edited by rf9 - 6/30/14 at 2:07am
post #97 of 197
Did you have to show some kind of proof that you were gay to get a free iTunes card because I would have totally Frenched a chick for one, God knows I've done more for less.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #98 of 197
Quote:

Best comment in this thread. 1smoking.gif
post #99 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post

Actually, the primary reason for Cook to avoid public mention of his sexuality revolves is not some cowering fear about somebody knowing he's "a gay" but rather centers on the bigoted efforts of some groups to stage disruptive hate campaigns that could potentially affect Apple's product sales.

Cook is not really closeted. He just doesn't want to deal with Islamic states and Tea Party groups trying to block sales of iPads to schools or whatever other nonsense because the company is run by "a gay." 

This sums it up entirely. A shame this thread devolved into a mess...

I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist, with experience.
I'm not a pessimist. I'm an optimist, with experience.
post #100 of 197
Quote:

Can i have a heterosexual free song? I just don't see why apple has to take sides in culture wars... I guess they will spin this as good for shareholders.

I went to Pride in London. No-one asked to see my gay card before handing me free stuff.

Quote:
If they want to do this sort of activism, they can take the company private by buying out my stock. Then they can do whatever they want with my shares.  

No-one forced you to buy shares in Apple. You can sell them at any time at a fair market price.

Quote:
In a global marketplace it is irresponsible to take politcal and social sides as a company and not eventually be punished for it.

Commerce doesn't exist in a vacuum. Political and social causes are important to the survival of businesses as well as individuals.

post #101 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Best comment in this thread. 1smoking.gif

You voted too soon, @Relic gets my vote.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #102 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I went to Pride in London. No-one asked to see my gay card before handing me free stuff.

No-one forced you to buy shares in Apple. You can sell them at any time at a fair market price.

Commerce doesn't exist in a vacuum. Political and social causes are important to the survival of businesses as well as individuals.

No one asked me to buy shares in apple? You miss the point of a publically traded company in your blind support of LGBT or whatever. I own apple just as surely as tim cook owns apple (in the form of stock). Would you have me sell my house (which I own as well)?

It is the DUTY of a publicly traded company to act in the best interest of customers and SHAREHOLDERS while following all laws and regulations ... not supporting other special interest groups helter skelter.

I bought the company because it makes computers and phones. I even accepted reluctantly the choice of apple to support Project RED even though apple has no support fundraisers for lung cancer, diabetes, septic shock, infectious diarrhea, and any number of other diseases.

Where is the support for Indians being enslaved or indentured in Dubai? Is this cause coming next? Should I go invest in a company that will solve that problem instead of Apple?

Apple sells phones in the middle east, why aren't they up in arms about the treatment of women there?

Apple is discriminating with MY MONEY against everyone except LGBT when they support this parade.

I have nothing against LGBT, I do have a problem with this selective discrimination against all other human suffering using the brand name that I OWN.

Apple can Buyout MY stock by taking the company private (it is within their right to do this) and then do what you want with the company. Until then, don't lecture me about your social causes.
Edited by blazar - 6/30/14 at 9:37am
post #103 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK0702 View Post

I'm sure the militant homosexual fascists would bash Tim Cook if he didn't show up. Look at what happened to the Mozilla founder for privately disagreeing with the homosexual movement and having the audacity to believe marriage is between a man and woman (what shame he stepped down because a small minority disagreed him).

I wonder what the next American "social injustice" movement will be...?

If by privately you mean on his blog with the Mozilla logo on it, I agree with you. There was nothing private about what he did. He made his statements publicly and as an official representative of the company. If he wanted to be able to say whatever he wanted for the company, he should not have sold a controlling interest in it....
post #104 of 197
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

No one asked me to buy shares in apple? You miss the point of a publically traded company in your blind support of LGBT or whatever. I own apple just as surely as tim cook owns apple (in the form of stock). Would you have me sell my house (which I own as well)?

It is the DUTY of a publicly traded company to act in the best interest of customers and SHAREHOLDERS while following all laws and regulations ... not supporting other special interest groups helter skelter.

I bought the company because it makes computers and phones. I even accepted reluctantly the choice of apple to support Project RED even though apple has no support fundraisers for lung cancer, diabetes, septic shock, infectious diarrhea, and any number of other diseases.

Where is the support for Indians being enslaved or indentured in Dubai? Is this cause coming next? Should I go invest in a company that will solve that problem instead of Apple?

Apple sells phones in the middle east, why aren't they up in arms about the treatment of women there?

Apple is discriminating with MY MONEY against everyone except LGBT when they support this parade.

I have nothing against LGBT, I do have a problem with this selective discrimination against all other human suffering using the brand name that OWN.

Apple can Buyout MY stock by taking the company private (it is within their right to do this) and then do what you want with the company. Until then, don't lecture me about your social causes.

You should get together with other shareholders and vote in a new board that will replace Cook. Good luck.
post #105 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

Right on. I would suggest Exxon, Chick-Fil-A and Hobby Lobby. Oh, and there's a lovely creationist Noah's Ark amusement park ride looking for attendants, why don't you get a job there blazar. You'll love it.

While I get your sarcasm- I will say that I don't know of a company (particularly in fast food) that does more local food campaigns and charity work than chick-fil-a. And I'm not talking on the national community, I'm talking about the local community and people like you and me- not some giant institution with CEOs.

Additionally, Cathy Truett has done a phenomenal job with his wealth in regards to teaching his family work ethic and responsibility. Im fascinated reading about famous heirs and their children who completely fall into a living hell because of their wealth and lack of work ethic. If anyone has a decent chunk of wealth or is a successful business owner, I'd recommend reading a couple of Truetts books to learn some wisdom in that regard. Simple stuff, but hard to live that way.

There are some incredibly commendable things with that company- whether your a Christian or not.

K- back on topic. 1smile.gif

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2012 27" iMac i7, 2010 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, (2) iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #106 of 197
Quote:

(truncated for brevity)

You missed the point:

Companies involved in the pride parade are supporting their employees. Many companies give small stipends to employee organizations. At many Silicon Valley companies, the LGBT employee groups are amongst the oldest, largest, and most active internal organizations. It's up to the senior management to decide whether or not to support these employee efforts.

Apple was one of the first companies to recognize domestic partnerships and to offer benefits to LGBT partners. This was way back in the early Nineties, long before any sort of legislation appeared. Clearly, senior management at Apple has an opinion about the matter.

I will point out that no company can support every charity equally. Again, it is the choice of senior management to decide which causes to support. Apple has chosen to be involved in Project (red) but not a score of other worthy causes. No company operates in a vacuum. A large company like Apple cannot ignore the community; the interest in specific social causes requires thoughtful deliberation by the senior staff.

It is worth noting that Apple employees are also shareholders.

Shareholders of any publicly held corporation should realize that the company in question will have some level of participation in its community and charitable causes that reflects the values of the senior management team. Note that any time, without prior notice, the company may change its participation in the community and charitable causes.

If you do not support specific causes, it would behoove you to research the company's activities before you invest, something you failed miserably before your purchase of AAPL shares.

It is your fault that you did not perform ADEQUATE due diligence.

Edited by mpantone - 6/30/14 at 7:48am
post #107 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

While I get your sarcasm- I will say that I don't know of a company (particularly in fast food) that does more local food campaigns and charity work than chick-fil-a. And I'm not talking on the national community, I'm talking about the local community and people like you and me- not some giant institution with CEOs.

Additionally, Cathy Truett has done a phenomenal job with his wealth in regards to teaching his family work ethic and responsibility. Im fascinated reading about famous heirs and their children who completely fall into a living hell because of their wealth and lack of work ethic. If anyone has a decent chunk of wealth or is a successful business owner, I'd recommend reading a couple of Truetts books to learn some wisdom in that regard. Simple stuff, but hard to live that way.

There are some incredibly commendable things with that company- whether your a Christian or not.

K- back on topic. 1smile.gif
Yes, and I hear Hitler loved children and dogs.

Being hateful towards a specific class is not absolved by being virtuous elsewhere. These are evil bigots who happen to be doing some good charity work. They're still assholes.
post #108 of 197
Quote:

If the person running your house decides to support LGBT rights then you have the right to sell your house too. By the way, Tim probably owns a lot more APPL stock than you do.

Quote:

It would be impossible for Apple to support every cause equally. Apple already give to a wide range of charities. Pride and RED are just the most visible. Also, when did shareholder become shorthand for sociopathic asshole?

Quote:

Don't like how Apple is run? Either vote against Tim at the next shareholders' meeting or sell your stock. Those are your options with any publicly traded company.

post #109 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJohnWhorfin View Post

Yes, and I hear Hitler loved children and dogs.

German kids, and German Shepherds. lol.gif
post #110 of 197
Pisses me off that Apple hijacks a parade and blankets it with Apple branding and the like. This is not about you Apple, although your support is admirable, you could have been low key.
post #111 of 197
Originally Posted by zaba View Post
Pisses me off that Apple hijacks a parade and blankets it with Apple branding and the like. This is not about you Apple, although your support is admirable, you could have been low key.

Wow. A stupider argument than the one that has been going on. Kudos.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #112 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaba View Post

Because an Apple-centric site got a couple shots of Apple employees with T-shirts/Banners (as hundreds of other companies did) at a rally of MILLIONS of people, this is defined as Apple "hikacking" the parade. 

I sometimes wonder if an actual sentient human being is behind these types of moronic posts. 

Also, I'm thinking of dropping out of these forums. The ratio of stupidity to rationality has gotten shockingly high. Most threads seem to be composed of nothing but drive-by-trolling, slobbering Apple haters, or people like Apple ][ who jumps at the opportunity to spout his hateful, bigoted agenda (I think he has a daily Muslim-bashing quota to meet) which he attempts to mask at something else. Then there's the random sane comment from regular posters thrown in here and there. 

post #113 of 197
Quote:

It's unlikely that I would ever find myself at any LGBT parade, and I don't live in San Francisco, but where is my free iTunes card handed out to me for being an awesome heterosexual?:err:

Where's my parade?

i really feel bad for the hardships youve endured. i hope you learn to heal.

post #114 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK0702 View Post

I'm sure the militant homosexual fascists would bash Tim Cook if he didn't show up. Look at what happened to the Mozilla founder for privately disagreeing with the homosexual movement and having the audacity to believe marriage is between a man and woman (what shame he stepped down because a small minority disagreed him).

I wonder what the next American "social injustice" movement will be...?

your use of scare quotes indicates you dont believe that banning homosexuals from marrying is social injustice. if so, get a fucking clue. 

the mozilla guy was the public face of a major IT company -- that he funded a campaign to deny civil rights to another group of people is indeed unfitting for the most-public executive, and his outster was mandatory. if you dont get that youll never achieve the level of success Mozilla as a corporation has. 

what do you suppose would happen if the CEO of HP funded white supremacy groups? completely her legal right to do so, isnt it? of course. but not fitting for her very public position as figurehead of HP.

durrrrr

post #115 of 197
Quote:
3) Calling others primitive is offensive purely for having different customs is offensive. 

get real. having statues defining the execution of homosexuals is the definition of being primitive. it's one step above dumb, violent animals.

post #116 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshop59 View Post

Tim Cook, gay leader of Apple, has no right to tread on the brand name "Apple" by using it to promote his sexual preferences.  It is good that homosexuals are coming more into the open, but corporate matters should be separated from sexual orientation.  

Jobs had class.  We all knew that he was liberal, and open to sexual freedom, but he ALWAYS showed his CLASS  - unlike the relatively non-creative (so far) heir, Cook who stands on Jobs' accomplishments, and SELLS not innovation, but his gayness as though it is an 'accomplishment' that shareholders should be proud of. 

Hodor! Hodor hodor hodor, hodor. Hordoooor!!

post #117 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoshop59 View Post

Please cite "Tea Party Groups" blocking sales due to Cook's gayness.  You're living in your own gay reality bubble to craft that big lie.  You're probably a desperate gay person, who really knows very little about the Tea Party, who in fact does not have any concern for anyone's sexual orientation, but prefer to tout such things as fiscal responsibility, and adherence to the constitution.  

Please. What is the Tea Party? What is their vision for the future of America? Because I don't see one.

post #118 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Did you have to show some kind of proof that you were gay to get a free iTunes card because I would have totally Frenched a chick for one, God knows I've done more for less.
You're funny. Har Har. The iTunes cards aren't for gay people, they are for all people. You don't have to be gay anything to attend the pride celebration. 1oyvey.gif
post #119 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Please. What is the Tea Party? What is their vision for the future of America? Because I don't see one.

Free scones for everyone. lol.gif
post #120 of 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Free scones for everyone. lol.gif

Great to see there is still a sense of humor here. That would cost money. I think you meant free scorns for everyone. ;) 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple, Inc. employees pass out free iTunes song cards at San Francisco LGBT Pride Parade