or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: New backlight component will enable Apple to maker thinner, lighter 'iPhone 6'

Rumor: New backlight component will enable Apple to maker thinner, lighter 'iPhone 6' - Page 2

post #41 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

LOL...look at the battery size, my friend...your chart is like to compare a Truck with a small size sedan...oh yeah my truck can go for 500 miles without refueling while your small car can go only up to 300 miles...

Either way a pee break is required every 2-3 hours.
post #42 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

Eventually Apple will be able to embed the phone in your skull cavity. 

I love technology, as most people on this forum probably do, but no way in hell will there ever be any electronics implanted into me. I also don't see Apple going that route, or at least I hope that they don't.

I see Google as being far more likely to implant things into humans, because they have no scruples. I also see Fandroids as being far more willing to let themselves be violated, especially if the procedure were cheap or even free.

post #43 of 47
i think the iphone can't get much thinner in it's current form...because of the ear phone jack. if they take that way just for the sake of thinness i'm not sure that will be received well.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

HOLD THE PHONE. Shut up that's a great joke and it wasn't even on purpose

The next iPhone will be thinner... and LIGHTER?!

THIS IS UNPRECEDENTED.

Wow, hiding white text in a message for surprise commentary that is only revealed when quoted! How long have you been doing this? Now I'll want to quote (or highlight) all your messages to see what hidden gems lay waiting for discovery... Your evil plan has succeeded...:devil:  

"Inspirational phrase here." - Person you never heard of here.

"Inspirational phrase here." - Person you never heard of here.

post #45 of 47
No, Apple,
Please don't do it!! It'll make my iPhone 5 look fat and bulky and I was hoping to not have to replace it for several years!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

The cut-off point is when it becomes too thin to be practical.

No, the cut-off point is always when it becomes too anything to be cool!
post #46 of 47
Originally Posted by RoundaboutNow View Post
Wow, hiding white text in a message for surprise commentary that is only revealed when quoted! How long have you been doing this? Now I'll want to quote (or highlight) all your messages to see what hidden gems lay waiting for discovery... Your evil plan has succeeded...:devil:  

Nope, nothing hidden in my post this time.

Oh.... a while now. Even back in the vBulletin days. It's great that AI chose a Huddler theme that uses #FFFFFF as a background, since having to remember the hex code for the old color was impossible.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #47 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Eventually, somewhere around iPhone 15 or 16, it will probably end up being as thin as a piece of paper. I wonder where the cut off point is, and at what point is too thin too much of a good thing, even if the tech is available to make it crazy thin?

Eventually devices may have entirely cognitive interfaces. There is little need for a display when pure concepts can be projected into your consciousness.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Rumor: New backlight component will enable Apple to maker thinner, lighter 'iPhone 6'
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumor: New backlight component will enable Apple to maker thinner, lighter 'iPhone 6'