or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung to guard against anticipated 'iPhone 6' with metal-clad 'Galaxy F' in September

Samsung to guard against anticipated 'iPhone 6' with metal-clad 'Galaxy F' in September - Page 2

post #41 of 68

Does this mean that Samsung will have to price this F-line higher than the already premium GS5?  I know the GS5 has been out for a few months now, but yikes, nothing like having a phone depreciate quickly.

post #42 of 68
Looks like the S5 except they stuck a terrible wallpaper on the back and then sent it off to every other phone manufacturer and every one sent a review with an "F" on it and they where like "F!". Fail, fake, fucking crap...
post #43 of 68
WAIT… the date on the galaxy doesn't match any calendar. It's says Wednesday (12) Sep, it would be a Friday this year, a Thursday last year and a saterday next year. WTF?
post #44 of 68
Now, since George brought it up: I don't peer intensely at Android phones, but is it normal for the date to be left justified while the time is not?
It looks like someone lazily pasted it from iOS...?

Quality isn't expensive... it's priceless.

Quality isn't expensive... it's priceless.

post #45 of 68

So when the Galaxy F Upgrade comes out, it will be the Galaxy F. U.

"Inspirational phrase here." - Person you never heard of here.

"Inspirational phrase here." - Person you never heard of here.

post #46 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeiP5 View Post

WAIT… the date on the galaxy doesn't match any calendar. It's says Wednesday (12) Sep, it would be a Friday this year, a Thursday last year and a saterday next year. WTF?

Lol, really? That screen was more than likely photoshopped.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #47 of 68
"Stainless Style"
post #48 of 68
👎 🔫🔨 to samsung company.
post #49 of 68
Galaxy F??? Samsu-- I mean Samsucker, you mean Galaxy Fucker? SMH!

Please excuse my lame English grammar. American Sign Language is my first language and English's the second.
Tallest Skill, you can edit my English grammar for me. My English grammar sucks! lol

Please excuse my lame English grammar. American Sign Language is my first language and English's the second.
Tallest Skill, you can edit my English grammar for me. My English grammar sucks! lol

post #50 of 68
Comparing the Samsung Galaxy F metal back cover to the iPhone 6 5.5" as shown in this picture make s the iPhone 6 look like fine, classic jewelry!
post #51 of 68

Unlikely.

Samsung's big push for Q3 and Q4 will be the Galaxy Note 4.

post #52 of 68
Galaxy Flop
Galaxy Fail
Galaxy F*** off
post #53 of 68

Although I see nothing wrong with Samsung offering a metal-case Galaxy, I sure hope they're not expecting sales to be significantly boosted by it.  The Galaxy S5 is already being offered with lowered prices and special offers and still sales are hard to come by.  Galaxy S5 sales are probably tapped out and nothing is going to increase sales except waiting a period of a year or so.  Those who bought Galaxy S4 and S5s will likely be ready to upgrade as their contracts run out.  I don't think there are enough Android users who require the power of a flagship smartphone.  As far as hardware features are concerned I would never dream that the iPhone 5c would outsell the Galaxy S5.  Samsung simply makes too many models of smartphones and it's likely confusing consumers and probably diluting sales for the more expensive Galaxy S models.  I think there's only a finite amount of smartphones that Samsung is going to sell and that's it.  Didn't they sell close to 80 million smartphones in one quarter?  There's no way they can do that consistently quarter after quarter.  I don't think any company can including Apple.  Samsung is likely drowning in their own flood the same as Nokia did.

post #54 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by tastowe View Post

👎 🔫🔨 to samsung company.

Still not fooling anyone.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #55 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

A headline to goad derision, outrage and laughter, but the article doesn't really deliver what the headline promises.

I know what you mean... I saw the headlines and the phrase, "Putting lipstick on a pig" was all that came to mind....
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #56 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

Although I see nothing wrong with Samsung offering a metal-case Galaxy, I sure hope they're not expecting sales to be significantly boosted by it.  The Galaxy S5 is already being offered with lowered prices and special offers and still sales are hard to come by.  Galaxy S5 sales are probably tapped out and nothing is going to increase sales except waiting a period of a year or so.  Those who bought Galaxy S4 and S5s will likely be ready to upgrade as their contracts run out.  I don't think there are enough Android users who require the power of a flagship smartphone.  As far as hardware features are concerned I would never dream that the iPhone 5c would outsell the Galaxy S5.  Samsung simply makes too many models of smartphones and it's likely confusing consumers and probably diluting sales for the more expensive Galaxy S models.  I think there's only a finite amount of smartphones that Samsung is going to sell and that's it.  Didn't they sell close to 80 million smartphones in one quarter?  There's no way they can do that consistently quarter after quarter.  I don't think any company can including Apple.  Samsung is likely drowning in their own flood the same as Nokia did.

I'm not sure if the 80 million was the the quarter they grossly exaggerated sales (even to their stockholders), or the quarter they sold 80 million phones total - including tens millions of really dumb phones. A lot was learned from evidence that came out in the last California trial... especially where they lied to the stockholders to match the public lie regarding highly exaggerated sales of their flagship smartphone.
post #57 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Wild View Post

Comparing the Samsung Galaxy F metal back cover to the iPhone 6 5.5" as shown in this picture make s the iPhone 6 look like fine, classic jewelry!

It's waterproof so you can slap it on a big wound like it's the bandage it appears to be.
post #58 of 68
I wonder what the F stands for. F*ckup? F41L? Freakish? Fools? Flawed? Flop?

So many options!

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

Social Capitalist, dreamer and wise enough to know I'm never going to grow up anyway... so not trying anymore.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/07/16/7-high-school-girls-are-kickstarting-their-awa...

post #59 of 68

Title lacks "rumoured".

Nothing in the text says more than "hey, we has picture and it looks like metal".

post #60 of 68

It looks more like a HTC One than anything.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #61 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

It won't stop Samsung buyers from buying iPhones, but it may stop Android users from buying iPhones...  

You can't ask them to leave a competitive market and then in the next breath appreciate the competition they bring to that market.

BTW, One Samsung's core competencies IS consumer/business electronics.   Semiconductors is just a part of that.  

(Their Land Construction and Ship Building are also pretty huge... no one is asking them to just build container ships).

Yes, its pretty scary.  With our boom in fracked gas and resulting dip in energy costs in the US, the global energy conglomerates are looking to build multiple LNG ports so they can raise gas prices to the world market rate.  LNG ships are being ordered to the max and have a backlog of years before they even start building them.

The US has lost the capability to build these ships.  Our choices are China... or Samsung.  Lots of these are being built.  Each loaded one stores the energy of more than 50 of the nuclear bombs dropped on Hiroshima(although the explosion mechanism would certainly be different).  Here's hoping Samsungs profit drops in phones don't prompt them to take shortcuts in the shipbuilding unit =/

post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frood View Post

The US has lost the capability to build these ships.  Our choices are China... or Samsung.  

1- "at a competitive price"
2- international ship maintenance is a known issue (examples abound, Erika among them)
3- as long as CEOs won't get life sentences for having put the general public at risk, including pollution risk, this will stay a Wall Street enforced situation
4- and why did the terrorists of 9/11 not just blow one of these up? That would have been spectacular.

France, Germany or the USA can build them, secure and safe. But not cheap. This is in the end why the only option is enwealthening te global community, and not US-style liberalism, increasing wealth differences and destroying value for the sake of a few privileged people. Just saying.
Edited by lightknight - 7/3/14 at 11:11am

post #63 of 68

Samsung's strategy seems to have served the company well in the short term, but in the long term they've shot themselves in the foot- or the face. The thing is, with a company like Samsung, they can get caught up in their own hype, and own success, and lose a sense of reality, which is that consumers can get over-exposed to a brand, and its products. In the past couple years Samsung has been spamming marketing like crazy, as well as spamming phones. In the past 5 months alone they've released 11 new tablets. Just think about that. As for phones, their "flagship" is not staying their flagship for more than a couple months, with this new "S5 Prime" and "F" coming out. Like a child, they have an obsession with always staying in the spotlight. What Samsung doesnt understand is that this eventually erodes brand value- marketing saturation can pay dividends initially, but then people inevitably tone out. All their products, and all their marketing, has harmed their credibility, potential for excitement, and diluted their products for the long term.

I think Apple understands this concept well, since they tend to shut the **** u when they have nothing new to announce, and have long breaks between product launches. And these product launches are meaningful. You're not being beat on the head every month with a new product from Apple that they're pushing you to run out and buy. They know that this marketing effort is valuable and sacred, as is the attention and time of consumers. Same with their products. I think we've seen the peak of Samsung's strategy, and it will be downhill from here, especially after this fall. Their latest ads reek of desperation, as well as their upcoming products. The media loved peddling the "Samsung is the next Apple" narrative, so they can make some kind of "the giant has fallen" story, but they've gotten sick of that too. I truly think that even within a year, Samsung's mobile division will be a shell of its former self, both in terms of flagship phone sales, perceived value, and attention from consumers. And Samung will have noone to blame but themselves, but their short-sighted, superficial, spam-like product strategy. 

post #64 of 68

Have you all see this leaked photo of the Galaxy F??

Oh dear lord.  I may not use an iPhone myself but my next phone will not be Samsung.

Always happy to debate an issue with anyone. Once it turns into name calling, I am out of there. 
Always happy to debate an issue with anyone. Once it turns into name calling, I am out of there. 
post #65 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

[...] I truly think that even within a year, Samsung's mobile division will be a shell of its former self, both in terms of flagship phone sales, perceived value, and attention from consumers.

I dunno. In the absence of some other player to step and take away the spotlight, it may dim somewhat but I don't think it'll move. Reporters and writers need a foil to rail against Apple's relatively glacial pace with respect to incorporating popular new features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondm16 View Post

A co-worker and I were recently discussing whether or not Samsung's reputation is deserved. We noted that TVs all look alike too -- someone had to have been first with the present form-factor, others saw that it was good and imitated the concept.

Ultimately we decided that Samsung is a special case. They go well beyond incorporating the good ideas of others into their own designs. They obviously try to make their devices seem like iPhone "equivalents" rather than "competitors." It's an indefensible and shameful practice.

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

post #66 of 68
Originally Posted by Bondm16 View Post

Oh dear lord.  I may not use an iPhone myself but my next phone will not be Samsung.

YEEEEEEEEEES! That’s at LEAST another billion for Apple. Maybe even two or three. And it’s DEFINITELY an import ban.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
post #67 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

YEEEEEEEEEES! That’s at LEAST another billion for Apple. Maybe even two or three. And it’s DEFINITELY an import ban.

Only time will tell. 

post #68 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Looks to me like Samsung actually makes money out of this even though they got hit with huge damages. 

I cannot see any other reason why they'd keep at it, else...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Samsung to guard against anticipated 'iPhone 6' with metal-clad 'Galaxy F' in September
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung to guard against anticipated 'iPhone 6' with metal-clad 'Galaxy F' in September