or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Alleged 4.7" front panel for Apple's 'iPhone 6' handled on camera to show one-handed use
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Alleged 4.7" front panel for Apple's 'iPhone 6' handled on camera to show one-handed use

post #1 of 139
Thread Starter 
The latest alleged "iPhone 6" parts leak claims to show the device's front glass panel, with a video showcasing its larger 4.7-inch size and how much of the display can be reached by holding it with one hand.




One-handed use was a key focus for Apple when the company introduced the larger 4-inch display on the iPhone 5 in 2012, but it may now be willing to eschew those principles to follow the trend of larger display sizes, if the new part obtained by Chinese website iFanr is legitimate. In the video below, the part is compared to a genuine iPhone 5 glass panel, and the site noted that both seem to be similarly designed.



The site noted that the edges of the glass have an "arc" to them, sporting curved edges as opposed to the rounded off corners on the iPhone 5 class. The alleged "iPhone 6" front glass is also noticeably thinner than its predecessor.

The glass part also suggests the forward facing FaceTime camera may have been moved to the left of the call speaker. Starting with the iPhone 5 and carrying over to the iPhone 5s, Apple had moved the camera to a centered position above the ear speaker.




And in one-handed use in the included video, the user is able to reach the sides of the larger 4.7-inch display, but it appears that reaching the bottom and top of the screen with one-handed use would be extremely difficult for most users.

For months, rumors have claimed that Apple's next-generation handset will come in two screen sizes: A 4.7-inch display claimed to be pictured above, and a larger 5.5-inch screen that would cater to the growing "phablet" market. One questionable report from earlier Thursday suggested the 5.5-inch variant could be dubbed the "iPhone Air."




In addition to having a larger screen, the "iPhone 6" is also expected to be completely redesigned, with a thinner design and curved sides making it distinct from its predecessors. Mockups claiming to show the design of Apple's "iPhone 6" also suggest that the lock button on the device has been moved to the upper right side of the handset, while the volume buttons are expected to be "pill" shaped instead of circles.

The next iPhone is expected to be about as thick as a current iPod touch, which measures just 6.1 millimeters, making it much thinner than the 7.6-millimeter frame of the current iPhone 5s. If Apple follows its recent release pattern, as is expected, then the next iPhone should be unveiled sometime in September and would launch the following Friday.
post #2 of 139
Rather than confirming one-handed use, this video demonstrates the opposite. While it shows that the thumb can reach from side to side of the screen, it cannot reach the top, where an entire row of app icons would be unreachable.
post #3 of 139
It's just so large...I really hope we get a 4" iPhone 6.
Too many Apple products to list...Long on AAPL, so take what I say with a bucket of salt.
Reply
Too many Apple products to list...Long on AAPL, so take what I say with a bucket of salt.
Reply
post #4 of 139
I am a 34yr old guy who (like the guys i hang around with) do NOT want a bigger phone. One of my friends still has his 4s because he hates a big phone. Due to some of my job requirements that can be (slightly) physical at times, i keep a slim case on my phone at work. I have a lot of friends who are plumbers, contractors, electricians etc that have to use lifeproof or otterbox cases while they are working. Add the bulk of that to a larger phone and you now have a brick like the old days. If theres a "phablet" market for those with purses, murses & huge pockets then build/offer one for them. But dont kill a pocketable phone. The samsung flip i traded in for my 1st iphone took up less pocket space than my 5s does. Keep the PHONE in iPHONE.
RANT OVER.
post #5 of 139

A few thoughts:

 

1. one-handed use is nice, but there are clearly tradeoffs. I can understand that some users might want to sacrifice one handed use for the benefits of a larger device. I think it's fine that those users are able to buy an iPhone that better suits their needs. 

 

2. I also hope we get a 4" iPhone 6, and I hope it's not crippled somehow. Apple should not impose artificial tradeoffs between devices. 

 

3. I recognize that there may legitimately be some features that can be added to a big iPhone that can't be added to a small iPhone. For example, the thermals are probably different on the big iPhone (so maybe the CPU can run a little faster) and the big iPhone has more room for the battery (meaning it could be thinner, or have longer battery life). 

post #6 of 139

My thoughts exactly... 4" screen is about as big as i'd like to have a new iPhone... Hopefully they'll have an 4" version of the iPhone 6 for people who don't want a monster phone you can't fit in a pocket!

post #7 of 139
That 4.7" phone could easily fit into a pocket. And it isn't that much larger. Additionally, if it's as thin as we have seen rumors showing- that will expand the ability to reach further.

The main point is- wait until we see the final product to pass judgement. This could easily be a slightly taller and wider phone but less total volume and weight- like the iPhone 5 was. Apple will knock this thing out of the park.

Side rant- for one handed operation, all you have to do is be able to reach the top edge or bottom edge to "pull down" notifications or "drag up" control panel. Additionally- almost all commands are on the right side of the screen (delete, move, etc). So I really don't see where anyone will lose one handed functionality. Unless you're left handed of course, but then you're used to the world screwing you.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #8 of 139
I for one, am only interested in the 4.7" as I dedicate a Pants front pocket to the phone. I have absolutely no interest in the 5.5" phone. If I want to use a larger screen I grab my iPad.

Have you seen how silly it looks to hold a Phablet to your ear???
post #9 of 139

Silly?

Nooooooooo.....

 

http://www.globalnerdy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Samsung-Galaxy-Note3.jpg

 

I think it looks perfectly fine... lol no

post #10 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

That 4.7" phone could easily fit into a pocket. And it isn't that much larger. Additionally, if it's as thin as we have seen rumors showing- that will expand the ability to reach further.

 

A couple millimeters of thinness do not compensate for a screen that extends 1/2"-1" beyond the reach of your thumb. The phone could be as flat as a credit card and it still wouldn't mitigate the issue.

post #11 of 139
So does Apple just pretend they never made a big deal about being able to comfortably use the phone with one hand?
post #12 of 139
It's interesting that Apple added features that help mitigate this problem before making the phone any bigger. The "swipe from the left" gesture now replaces having to reach the top left corner in many apps (Mail, Messages, Contacts). I'm pretty sure that wasn't a coincidence.

I'm torn, I would like more screen space but I like the ease of one handed use the 4" model currently offers. Hoping the 4.7" rumoured is a decent compromise.
post #13 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post

A few thoughts:

1. one-handed use is nice, but there are clearly tradeoffs. I can understand that some users might want to sacrifice one handed use for the benefits of a larger device. I think it's fine that those users are able to buy an iPhone that better suits their needs. 


2. I also hope we get a 4" iPhone 6, and I hope it's not crippled somehow. Apple should not impose artificial tradeoffs between devices. 

3. I recognize that there may legitimately be some features that can be added to a big iPhone that can't be added to a small iPhone. For example, the thermals are probably different on the big iPhone (so maybe the CPU can run a little faster) and the big iPhone has more room for the battery (meaning it could be thinner, or have longer battery life). 
I agree 100% that there should be no artificial tradeoffs between devices. I can see where a larger screen device might get software features that make sense on a bigger screen but I hope Apple doesn't do any BS like better camera specs on the larger device just to try and upsell you to something more expensive. I get having a premium and non-premium phone but screen size shouldn't determine which is which. Considering how many 4" phones Apple sells right now I'm guessing more people would opt for a 4.7" device than a 5.5" one.
post #14 of 139

I wonder what's wacky about my settings on AI?

Not only do I not see any embedded video (which at least one persons refers to seeing),

but most of the 'links' in the article take me to product pages in Amazon and eBay, not

informational sources...:???:

post #15 of 139
I like the curved glass on the edges of the panel. I wonder though if that means there won't be chamfered metal edges as well?
post #16 of 139
Whose hand? Gene Simmons? Warwick Davis?
post #17 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Considering how many 4" phones Apple sells right now I'm guessing more people would opt for a 4.7" device than a 5.5" one.

 

A recent RBC Capital Markets survey of 705 would-be iPhone buyers showed 64% wanting the next iPhone model even if it's bigger, but only 26% were interested in one with a 5.5" display.

 

Sorry for the convoluted way I stated this, but that's the result of the flawed and leading way RBC presented the question to survey participants.

 

 

 

http://qz.com/225557/most-people-want-a-bigger-iphone-some-are-even-willing-to-pay-extra-for-it/

post #18 of 139

Possibility of the new lineup?

 

iPhone6 Air: 5.5" (A8)

iPhone6: 4.7" (A7)

iPhone 6c: 4" (A6)

 

Large

Medium

Small

 

Fast

Kinda Fast

Not Very Fast


Edited by Eriamjh - 7/3/14 at 7:29am
post #19 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
 

iPhone6 Air: 5.5" (A8)

iPhone6: 4.7" (A7)

iPhone 6c: 4" (A6?)

 

Large, Medium, Small?


The A6 is going away, excepting the massive iPad 4. Apple wants as many A7's or better out there as they can. There's no reason for the 4.7" to have the A7. Give it the A8, make the 6C have an A7. You'd need it to support TouchID as well.

Too many Apple products to list...Long on AAPL, so take what I say with a bucket of salt.
Reply
Too many Apple products to list...Long on AAPL, so take what I say with a bucket of salt.
Reply
post #20 of 139

If this picture is real, it looks like they might cover the entire top of the phone with glass instead of embedding it in the sides of the aluminum case. And just eyeballing it, the bezel looks narrower too. This would let them increase the width of the screen without having to increase the width of the phone by the same amount. It's a clever trick and totally Apple.

 

That rounded bevel also lends credence to the idea of an iPad-esque rounded side. But I wonder if the glass bevel is going to get nicked and scratched in people's pockets. Maybe this is where a sapphire layer comes in?

post #21 of 139

I'm of the opinion that when it comes to mobile devices, mobility is key, so a smaller device is better than carrying around a larger device. I like to keep my phone in my back pocket, the current iPhone is about as large as I'd ever want to go (maybe even slightly larger - although I do miss the 3.5" models). However I know a lot of people who do not keep their phones in their pocket, they set them on the bar or table or just hold it in their hands, so I can see that a larger device wouldn't be a hindrance to them.

 

I honestly don't really care what the damned screen size is as long as the overall size of the device doesn't get much bigger (or they keep the 4" phone around). I am also going to be extremely disappointed if these leaked parts are real. I think Apple can do a MUCH better job than just stretching the old design. Last year with iOS 7 Jony concentrated on a new radical design for the software. I think this year, we'll see a different hardware design; if Apple is going to move to a much larger display size, I'm pretty sure they'll rework the entire design.

 

iPhone 6... 4" and 4.7"

 

And I still believe any 5.5" display will not end up in an iPhone, but rather a new iPod.

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
post #22 of 139
Come on people. 4.7" is fine to fit in pocket and use. Apple will keep sizes that sell to the masses. This means that if what they offer does not work for you you are the exception not the rule.
post #23 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by freediverx View Post
 

 

A recent RBC Capital Markets survey of 705 would-be iPhone buyers showed 64% wanting the next iPhone model even if it's bigger, but only 26% were interested in one with a 5.5" display.

 

Sorry for the convoluted way I stated this, but that's the result of the flawed and leading way RBC presented the question to survey participants.

 

 

 

http://qz.com/225557/most-people-want-a-bigger-iphone-some-are-even-willing-to-pay-extra-for-it/

 

It surprises me more people are interested in a "free" 5C than a $99 5S. 

post #24 of 139

Bring it on! I welcome both sizes! 

 

I don't care if somebody chooses the 4.7 or the 5.5. Choose whatever the hell you like. As long as Apple moves a crapload of phones, which they most certainly will, then that's what counts.

 

It's funny how Android makers all abandoned competing with Apple in the 4" phone space, because none of them could make a decent phone, so they had to move to larger phones. When the larger iPhone gets released, I am fully expecting that to destroy everything else out there!

 

Android makers will have nowhere to run! They can't go smaller! Apple already owns that space and they can't go much larger either, because then you're in iPad Mini territory, and we all know that Apple owns tablets too! Android makers and Fandroids are stuck! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Can't go down, can't go up! Screw them all! 

post #25 of 139
So no sapphire front panels?

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #26 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

It's just so large...I really hope we get a 4" iPhone 6.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastdoor View Post
 

A few thoughts:

 

1. one-handed use is nice, but there are clearly tradeoffs. I can understand that some users might want to sacrifice one handed use for the benefits of a larger device. I think it's fine that those users are able to buy an iPhone that better suits their needs. 

 

2. I also hope we get a 4" iPhone 6, and I hope it's not crippled somehow. Apple should not impose artificial tradeoffs between devices. 

 

3. I recognize that there may legitimately be some features that can be added to a big iPhone that can't be added to a small iPhone. For example, the thermals are probably different on the big iPhone (so maybe the CPU can run a little faster) and the big iPhone has more room for the battery (meaning it could be thinner, or have longer battery life). 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtomlin View Post
 

I'm of the opinion that when it comes to mobile devices, mobility is key, so a smaller device is better than carrying around a larger device. I like to keep my phone in my back pocket, the current iPhone is about as large as I'd ever want to go (maybe even slightly larger - although I do miss the 3.5" models). However I know a lot of people who do not keep their phones in their pocket, they set them on the bar or table or just hold it in their hands, so I can see that a larger device wouldn't be a hindrance to them.

 

I honestly don't really care what the damned screen size is as long as the overall size of the device doesn't get much bigger (or they keep the 4" phone around). I am also going to be extremely disappointed if these leaked parts are real. I think Apple can do a MUCH better job than just stretching the old design. Last year with iOS 7 Jony concentrated on a new radical design for the software. I think this year, we'll see a different hardware design; if Apple is going to move to a much larger display size, I'm pretty sure they'll rework the entire design.

 

iPhone 6... 4" and 4.7"

 

And I still believe any 5.5" display will not end up in an iPhone, but rather a new iPod.

 

 

If Apple makes a new 4 inch iPhone it'll likely be a plastic cased iPhone 5S sold for $99 on contract. The new iPhone 6 (or whatever it's called) will likely only be available at 4.7 inches, with the possibility of a 5.5 inch Phablet version.

post #27 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Android makers will have nowhere to run! They can't go smaller! Apple already owns that space and they can't go much larger either, because then you're in iPad Mini territory, and we all know that Apple owns tablets too! Android makers and Fandroids are stuck! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Can't go down, can't go up! Screw them all! 

They can always make a 13" Android phablet.
Edited by Suddenly Newton - 7/3/14 at 8:15am

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #28 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
 

Possibility of the new lineup?

 

iPhone6 Air: 5.5" (A8)

iPhone6: 4.7" (A7)

iPhone 6c: 4" (A6)

 

Large

Medium

Small

 

Fast

Kinda Fast

Not Very Fast

 

I think... The line up will be (prices are with 2yr contract / and without)...

 

iPhone 6: 4.7" (A8, 32GB) $299 / $750

iPhone 6: 4" (A8, 32GB) $199 / $650

iPhone 6c: 4.7" (A7, 16GB) $199 / $650

iPhone 6c: 4" (A7, 16GB) $99 / $550

iPhone 5c: 4" (A6, 8GB) $0 / $350

 

Yes, I'm going to will the 5.5" iPhone out of existence, even though it doesn't really exist yet. ;-)

Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
Disclaimer: The things I say are merely my own personal opinion and may or may not be based on facts. At certain points in any discussion, sarcasm may ensue.
Reply
post #29 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
 

Possibility of the new lineup?

 

iPhone6 Air: 5.5" (A8)

iPhone6: 4.7" (A7)

iPhone 6c: 4" (A6)

 

Large

Medium

Small

 

Fast

Kinda Fast

Not Very Fast

 

I think we'll see this:

 

iPhone Air 5.5 with A8 and 16GB: $299 (on contract)

iPhone Air 4.7 with A8 and 16GB: $199 (on contract)

iPhone Color* 4.0 with A7 and 16GB: $99 (on contract)

iPhone 5C 4.0 with A6 and 8GB: $0 (on contract)

 

*The iPhone "Color" is an iPhone 5S repackaged in a plastic case just like the 5C, but it will include Touch ID.

post #30 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post


They can alway make a 13" Android phablet.

Apple beat them to it with the continuity features on Yosemite :D

post #31 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

They can alway make a 13" Android phablet.

 

At what point is a phablet no longer a phablet? Where is the cut off size?

 

I swear, if I ever saw some anonymous person sitting on a train or bus and holding up a 13" phablet to their head and using it as a phone, I would have no choice but to be pointing my finger in their general direction and I would be laughing out loud at how stupid they look. I don't think that I would be able to control myself.:lol: 

post #32 of 139

I'm curious as to whether the front glass being sanded off at the edges like that is an indicator of it being sapphire instead of glass now.  I can't believe that with all the glass front pieces being passed around in China that no one has bothered to test it to see one way or the other.  It would only take a few moments to find out.  

post #33 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post

I think we'll see this:

iPhone Air 5.5 with A8 and 16GB: $299 (on contract)
iPhone Air 4.7 with A8 and 16GB: $199 (on contract)
iPhone Color* 4.0 with A7 and 16GB: $99 (on contract)
iPhone 5C 4.0 with A6 and 8GB: $0 (on contract)

*The iPhone "Color" is an iPhone 5S repackaged in a plastic case just like the 5C, but it will include Touch ID.
Offering a phone with 8GB storage these days is laughable. Heck Apple should get rid of 16GB and have 32/64/128 configuration at current prices. Yeah the bean counters in Apple finance would probably get heartburn but I think they'd get over it once they saw the massive increase in sales.
post #34 of 139
A 4.7" screen is about 0.3" wider and 0.6" taller than a 4" screen. Also, Apple may reduce the borders around the screen, so the iPhone 6's overall dimensions don't even change by that much. So let's don't exaggerate the difference. It will be modest.
post #35 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Offering a phone with 8GB storage these days is laughable. Heck Apple should get rid of 16GB and have 32/64/128 configuration at current prices. Yeah the bean counters in Apple finance would probably get heartburn but I think they'd get over it once they saw the massive increase in sales.

 

I agree with you, but I don't think this is the year Apple doubles storage for the iPhone. Sales are going to be through the roof, regardless, because this is the first large screen phone Apple is selling. So that being the case, Apple may as well profit from people paying $100 for minimal storage upgrades for one more year.

 

I think that Apple will double storage on the iPads this year though, with the iPhone getting 32/64/128 options next year.

post #36 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Offering a phone with 8GB storage these days is laughable. Heck Apple should get rid of 16GB and have 32/64/128 configuration at current prices. Yeah the bean counters in Apple finance would probably get heartburn but I think they'd get over it once they saw the massive increase in sales.

 

I disagree. 16GB still remains a good choice of size for the lowest phone. I don't want Apple to be giving away extra space for free. And I also think that 8GB is acceptable for a third world phone.

 

If somebody needs more space, then no problem, you simply choose a model that has more space.

post #37 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

At what point is a phablet no longer a phablet? Where is the cut off size?

It's a made up word, but it is generally understood to be any size "between a phone and a tablet." But if average phones become phablets, and tablets don't get bigger, I would argue that the term becomes meaningless.

Tablets could get bigger, but so far, there hasn't been a race to upsize tablets.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #38 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
 

Possibility of the new lineup?

 

iPhone6 Air: 5.5" (A8)

iPhone6: 4.7" (A7)

iPhone 6c: 4" (A6)

 

Large

Medium

Small

 

Fast

Kinda Fast

Not Very Fast

I find it highly unlikely- dare I say impossible- that the 6 will have an A7.  Itll be A8 for both and the "6c" (if thats what its called) or "5S" will be the A7- todays specs.  If I were to guess I'd guess we'd see a 4.7 6, a 5.5 6, a 4 5S (99), and a 4 5C (free).  Not sure why they'd change it up this year since thats how its been for years.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post
 


The A6 is going away, excepting the massive iPad 4.

The 'free' iPhone will likely have the A6 as well- which, according to the past, would be the 5c.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #39 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbook View Post
 

 

I think we'll see this:

 

iPhone Air 5.5 with A8 and 16GB: $299 (on contract)

iPhone Air 4.7 with A8 and 16GB: $199 (on contract)

iPhone Color* 4.0 with A7 and 16GB: $99 (on contract)

iPhone 5C 4.0 with A6 and 8GB: $0 (on contract)

 

*The iPhone "Color" is an iPhone 5S repackaged in a plastic case just like the 5C, but it will include Touch ID.

I think this is most accurate from any of the other kind of crazy ones ya'll are predicting.  Although I think they'll keep the 5S as is and not put a plastic case on it.  Also- the 4.7 wouldn't be called the Air if the 5.5 is.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Offering a phone with 8GB storage these days is laughable. Heck Apple should get rid of 16GB and have 32/64/128 configuration at current prices. Yeah the bean counters in Apple finance would probably get heartburn but I think they'd get over it once they saw the massive increase in sales.

Except its not just the cost of the storage they're thinking of.  That's being simple-minded.  It isnt the $5 difference in storage costs.

They are calculating how many "upgrades" theyd lose from people who pay $100 extra for 32gb- which is what I do.  I'd spend $650 instead of $750.  Hey- I'm all for that- but it goes beyond "bean counting" when you're talking $100-$300.

 

I'm with blackbook on this- no need for Apple to upgrade to 32gb this round.  Why?  Because they can afford it and out of the goodness of their own hearts?  They won't sell more- they just won't make as much money.  32gb base will likely be a "6s" feature.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

Reply
post #40 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Tablets could get bigger, but so far, there hasn't been a race to upsize tablets.

 

I think it has to do with the same reason that Android makers have abandoned the small phone market.

 

Large Android tablets (around 10" or so) have all been failures, and it seems to me that Android makers are concentrating on smaller tablets instead, around 7-8". Look at the Google Nexus 7, the Kindle Fire tablets etc.

 

I don't think that there is a single large sized Android tablet that has ever done well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Alleged 4.7" front panel for Apple's 'iPhone 6' handled on camera to show one-handed use
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Alleged 4.7" front panel for Apple's 'iPhone 6' handled on camera to show one-handed use