or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS continues to dominate mobile web browsing as Android gains

Apple's iOS continues to dominate mobile web browsing as Android gains - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I think that might be Android according to a recent Localytics study.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2014/06/11/androids-app-engagement-higher-than-ios-but-apple-drives-higher-ecommerce-sales/

Do you know what this is, I do, again it all smoke and mirror on Google part, They report app down loads but do not tell you what is in fact being downloaded. I have an Andriod device as well as IOS devices. My Android device has never had the OS update in the 2 yrs I had it for work. But Google has pushed out more updated than I can count in the last two year, and this are just google built in software updates and new addition. I now have google programs on the phone which were not on it originally, google decided for me that I need their stuff. Now lets talk about the AT&T software updates, again they keep updating their built in programs and also add no programs which I did not want added. I can tell I do not go a week without some new update being pushed down, most required my approval some are just automatic since I allows one which do not require access to personal stuff on the phone.

This does not even take into consideration all the apps I have install and I getting updates for. Again keep in mind no OS update so the program works as I like but the develops seem intent to keep pushing out updates to the point that the next time I launch the app its GUI is now different and I have to figure out how to use it again. Google has been encouraging this kind of activities they want developer to keep modifying their programs and releasing new versions with or without bug fixes. Why, it drives the states so that Google can say Android users download more apps than IOS.

To put this in contract not to say iOS developer are not pushing updates. they do, most time I see them on new release of iOS or for bug fixes in the app or because Apple changed something. I have far more iOS apps installed on my devices than I have on my Android device, and I had far more updates on Android than I even had on an iOS device. Also Apple has on push out a hand full of updates for their own apps and never installed a new app which was not part of the original iOS release.

Google is pushing the numbers up since they know Wall Street loves stats like this and wants to show they have more down loads then App thus more users using Android thus more potential to sell them more ads. But the one thing Google can not fake is the $ they pay out and the mobile Ad $ they are not getting from Android.

Look at the article, ask yourself how does this company track how many time you use the app. The only way to know that is from Ad revenue, some how the app must report which ad was put in front of you and which app show it to you. Well most of the apps I use on my idevices do not show me ads, what is that I paid for them. On Android I am being pounded with ads all the time even on apps I paid for,

This companies analysis is useless, unless they can tell you how they tracking app usage. 

Edited by Maestro64 - 7/9/14 at 7:09am
post #42 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

Do you know what this is, I do, again it all smoke and mirror on Google part. . .

Ah Google is secretly in bed with Localytics now, the two plotting against Apple. Gotcha.1rolleyes.gif
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's iOS continues to dominate mobile web browsing as Android gains