or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › National Federation of the Blind pushes Apple to add accessibility requirements for apps [U]

National Federation of the Blind pushes Apple to add accessibility requirements for apps [U] - Page 3

post #81 of 91
Googles choose to withhold turn by turn voice (not navigation in general) was a business decision to give google an advantage over iOS. It wasn't discrimination whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

What is your definition.  The fact is Google makes more money out of iPhone users than Android users by selling ads.  iPhone users are bigger customers of Google. 
post #82 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoG View Post

Googles choose to withhold turn by turn voice (not navigation in general) was a business decision to give google an advantage over iOS. It wasn't discrimination whatsoever.

Your mind seems completely screwed up.  How could a company uses business decision to do whatever thing it like without regards to laws and ethics?  If you are right then Sterling is right too. 

Edited by tzeshan - 7/9/14 at 6:56pm
post #83 of 91
What laws or ethics did google break by not open ring up all capabilities to iOS.

From what I saw, what sterling did was racist. Not even in the same ballpark.

I think with you it might be language and cultural difference since you are obviously not a native English speaker.

I would suggest that you refresh yourself on the definitions of prejudice, discrimination, racism etc. and also research examples of such each.

I travel extensively and speak several languages (the business sector I work in is linguistics/translation/interpretation). I found during my travels that a lot of people in several counties don't have a firm grasp on what these words really mean in other cultures. For example on a recent trip to China, all of the college students I was working with knew the definition of the word but knew little about the implications. I had many long talks with educators and students alike in several Chinese cities and found that thei understasning of the concepts were largely incomplete. If I had to guess, it's because of cultural differences.

The issue is that you are either unable to convey your message clearly because of a lack of language skill, or you have a vastly different definition of things...definitions that the majority of people on the post would agree on.

Either way, it's a communication gap and it makes it difficult to have a discussion with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzeshan View Post

Your mind seems completely screwed up.  How could any company uses business decision to do whatever thing it like without regards to laws and ethics?  If you are right then Sterling is right too. 
post #84 of 91
I suppose Apple could cook up a SDK/API kit for developers to easily include the functionality in their apps (if they don't already have one.)
post #85 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoG View Post

What laws or ethics did google break by not open ring up all capabilities to iOS.

From what I saw, what sterling did was racist. Not even in the same ballpark.

I think with you it might be language and cultural difference since you are obviously not a native English speaker.

I would suggest that you refresh yourself on the definitions of prejudice, discrimination, racism etc. and also research examples of such each.

I travel extensively and speak several languages (the business sector I work in is linguistics/translation/interpretation). I found during my travels that a lot of people in several counties don't have a firm grasp on what these words really mean in other cultures. For example on a recent trip to China, all of the college students I was working with knew the definition of the word but knew little about the implications. I had many long talks with educators and students alike in several Chinese cities and found that thei understasning of the concepts were largely incomplete. If I had to guess, it's because of cultural differences.

The issue is that you are either unable to convey your message clearly because of a lack of language skill, or you have a vastly different definition of things...definitions that the majority of people on the post would agree on.

Either way, it's a communication gap and it makes it difficult to have a discussion with you.

I have heard several times people use language as their argument.  But all times I noticed that many people even though English is their native tone their comprehension is actually inferior to foreign born person.  Here I don't think you understand the word ethics.  Here is a result I obtained through Google search.  Ethics is a system of moral principles.  I don't think Americans respect moral more than freedom. 

In any way, Google said its guiding principle is DO NO EVIL.  Google earned ad dollars because iPhone users use Google search.  Google treats iPhone users differently from Android users.  Is this ethical, moral, good not evil?  I think it is you that needs to improve your comprehension ability.  This is actually not related to language.  So don't be so proud that you speak english natively.  

post #86 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijahg View Post

Why not go after Google and Microsoft? On Android most apps are so badly designed its hard to use them when you can see them, let alone when you can't.

If you're blind, your other senses get heightened. As such, the blind have particularly good taste, which is why they don't care for Google and Microsoft.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #87 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

If you're blind, your other senses get heightened. As such, the blind have particularly good taste, which is why they don't care for Google and Microsoft.

I saw a blind guy wearing an ugly shirt so he clearly doesn't have good taste.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #88 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by zBernie View Post

I have really lost any sense of compassion and sympathy for the handicapped over the years. I've seen to many stories featuring these self-serving self-centered groups and individuals, taking their demands to extremes. Lawsuit after lawsuit, many of which are frivolous and absurd, which cost EVERYONE. It's the good of the few at the expense of the many. And still the ungrateful bastards aren't satisfied.

All I can say is do a google search using the term below, and see if you feel the same way about people with disabilities afterwards.

"people with disabilities absurd lawsuits ADA"

Shut up, go away and never come back.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #89 of 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Shut up, go away and never come back.

I thought your reply was for my bad joke.

post #90 of 91
Kudos to Reuters for hiring the talent disabled!

They have more pseudo journalists on staff than any other news organization out there.
post #91 of 91
Originally Posted by Mangy Dog View Post
…the talent disabled!

The day this becomes more than a joke is the day we pick up our guns.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • National Federation of the Blind pushes Apple to add accessibility requirements for apps [U]
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › National Federation of the Blind pushes Apple to add accessibility requirements for apps [U]