or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple says working toward 'net zero energy' and green products in Environmental Responsibility Report
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple says working toward 'net zero energy' and green products in Environmental Responsibility... - Page 2

post #41 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


The upfront costs are highly, but you'll save on the monthly energy costs, and if you produce more energy than you use that extra energy goes out onto the grid and the power company pays you.

 

Add to that the fact that solar is coming down in upfront cost, while longterm costs of most fossil fuels keeps rising..... The math gets easy.

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #42 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Or, no, you could just reply to what is written, not what is not. This is the first time you’ve actually done that, by the way. 

 

That may be true in your mind, but I am not responsible for what you think.

 

I notice you don't bother to actually reply to any of the things actually written.  Perhaps you should go back and figure out your failure to understand any of the fallacies you posted about?

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #43 of 71
Originally Posted by shen View Post

Add to that the fact that solar is coming down in upfront cost, while longterm costs of most fossil fuels keeps rising..... The math gets easy.

 

Let us know when it falls to $0.40 per watt.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #44 of 71

Quote:

Originally Posted by shen View Post
 

The idea that I need to endear myself to anyone to be correct is a logical fallacy.  It is a variation of the appeal to popularity.  The fallicy you claimed (erroneously) that I was using.

 

Anything you want to add to that?

:lol:  Bravo!

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #45 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post

The idea that I need to endear myself to anyone to be correct is a logical fallacy.  It is a variation of the appeal to popularity.  The fallicy you claimed (erroneously) that I was using.

Anything you want to add to that?

You're new here?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #46 of 71
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
:lol:  Bravo!


Or maybe read the post instead? Nothing he said is even remotely a reply.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #47 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Let us know when it falls to $0.40 per watt.

 

Okay, I will.

 

Hey!  Good news!  My home install cost $0.11 per kWh over panel lifetime, which is considerably cheaper than than any other source here at my house! Plus, I didn't have to destabilize the middle east to do it!

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #48 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 


Or maybe read the post instead? Nothing he said is even remotely a reply.

See that's what you say, but I disagree, and both my reading comprehension and his are working just fine, while your pompous claims to the contrary are pathetic.

 

And while I'm at, your hiding behind claims of strawmen and logical fallacies is just silly, he's used none of them, while you've evaded making a cogent point since the very beginning (as always).

 

Toodles!

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #49 of 71
Originally Posted by shen View Post

Okay, I will.

 

Okay. I fail to see how $75,000+, breaking even after 21 years, is useful to anyone, but you keep on keeping on, then.

 

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
See thats what you say, but I disagree

 

See, you don’t get to disagree with the words. You get to disagree with the interpretation insofar as it hasn’t been presented, but it has been presented. You are being told that you are wrong about your interpretation and you refuse to accept that. 


Your reading comprehension continues to be seriously impaired. So no, try again.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #50 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by shen View Post

Okay, I will.

Hey!  Good news!  My home install cost $0.11 per kWh over panel lifetime, which is considerably cheaper than than any other source here at my house! Plus, I didn't have to destabilize the middle east to do it!

Two questions: Where is your home? How much of that cost was subsidized?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #51 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post


You're new here?

 

True story.  The joined date on my blurb is an artifact due to the "Time Machine" app on the new iOS.  It replaced a 1 with a 0.  I actually joined in 2104.  The good news is the new "Time Machine" is both more fun and more literal.  Also, I like being able to power my Tesla X-VII hover car from the installed solar on my iWatch.

 

Other good news, you can still take a submarine tour of the "Monument to Stupidity" where the last of the climate change deniers drowned in the rising seas while chanting "there is still disagreement among scientists!"  It is a real tear jerker to watch the reenactment as their relatives plead with them to "just tread water you moron!" while the waves close over their heads.

 

Anyway, enjoy the next century.

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #52 of 71

The bloody damn desert, and 20%

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #53 of 71
Originally Posted by shen View Post
The bloody damn desert

 

And you’re pretending that this is standard and that everyone should be able to get what you get.

 

How cute.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #54 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

See, you don’t get to disagree with the words. You get to disagree with the interpretation insofar as it hasn’t been presented, but it has been presented. You are being told that you are wrong about your interpretation and you refuse to accept that. 

Your reading comprehension continues to be seriously impaired. So no, try again.
Right back atcha buddy*, you can spout the same turgid nonsense forever, it won't ever be true.


*apart from the first bit which is just a nonsensical word soup that doesn't mean anything.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #55 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

And you’re pretending that this is standard and that everyone should be able to get what you get.

 

How cute.

 

No, I am not.  I never stated that.  I said that is what I get.

 

Have you ever heard of the straw man argument?  That is what happens when someone changes an argument to an easier argument that was not originally made because they think it is easier to defeat the changed argument.  You know, like when someone suggests that another person has generalized their situation to everyone, when they are in fact answering a specific question about their own situation.

 

There is someone who posts about straw man arguments.  Who was that...

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #56 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Okay. I fail to see how $75,000+, breaking even after 21 years, is useful to anyone, but you keep on keeping on, then.

 

 

I have no idea what you think those numbers mean.  I have no relation to those numbers.  You are inventing them.

 

This is another example of your favorite argument.  I stated the cost and return of my system.  You used other numbers entirely to prove me wrong.  This misrepresentation is (stop me if you have heard this before) an example of the straw man argument.

 

But lets play along.

 

Currently most of the reputable companies offer 25 year warranties.  In other words, at the very worst, where the entire system fails 100% at 25 years and one day, you have 4 years of free power, assuming your 21 year break even.  If you don't see an advantage to 4 years of free power, then you are too special for me to help.

 

However this is especially problematic when we find that you pulled the 21 year number from your posterior.  Since break even numbers in America can range from 4 to 19 years depending on a huge number of factors, you need to explain just how you arrive at 21 years.

 

Further, this is assuming that the only benefit is financial.  Since the entire discussion began with you claiming that we should be "American powered" for you to assume that makes you monumentally disingenuous.  To pretend that there is no political, research related, global impact of generating your own power when you originally claimed there was (the only intelligent thing you have said in this discussion, though your self centered "America only" suggestion taints that) is simply unbelievable.

 

Do you have anything of value to say, or should I just start ignoring you?

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #57 of 71
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Right back atcha buddy*…

 

Okay. Read posts before replying to them. We know that you don’t.

 

Originally Posted by shen View Post

No, I am not.  I never stated that.  I said that is what I get.

 

And yet you think that everyone should go solar. So there’s that.

 
There is someone who posts about straw man arguments.  Who was that...

 

Me. About you. Because the one thing you continue to refuse to do is reply to what is written instead of making up garbage. Hilarious.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #58 of 71
1biggrin.gif

You are such a basket case

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #59 of 71
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
You are such a basket case

 

Well, when you’re capable of reading words, comprehending them, and replying to what the words say, feel free to let us know. Until then…

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #60 of 71

But he is entertaining.  I have enjoyed it.

 

I do need to get back to work though.  I have to restructure my informal logic class.  I plan on using TS as an example.  It should be a fun semester.

OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
OSX, because making UNIX user friendly is easier than debugging windows.
Reply
post #61 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

*cough*/*cough*

 

Take a step back before replying in yet another thread.

Hahaha.  You make no sense.  

post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Well, when you’re capable of reading words, comprehending them, and replying to what the words say, feel free to let us know. Until then…
1biggrin.gif

You're killing me bro. What evidence do you have that I haven't fully read and comprehended you? You're the one who trots out logical fallacy accusations as if they're going out of fashion while seemingly having no practical understanding of how logical fallacies work.

Here's a hint: when you appeal to both authority and popularity at the same time, that's a strong argument, not some kind of double fallacy, as you paint it. The error in an appeal to authority is predicated on it being a single data point, with the capacity for error, while the error in an appeal to popularity is based on the fickleness and lack of expertise in a crowd. There is no problem with an argument that appeals to the expertise of a crowd of experts. To say there is... Well that's just beyond stupid, and reeks of a dictionary definition mindset that pays no attention to what is actually going on.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #63 of 71
Originally Posted by shen View Post
But he is entertaining.  I have enjoyed it. I do need to get back to work though.

 

And just like that, another argument ends with, “I’m leaving; therefore I’m right.”

 

In your informal logic class, how thoroughly do you cover strawmen? I imagine that’s your forte.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #64 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

And just like that, another argument ends with, “I’m leaving; therefore I’m right.”

In your informal logic class, how thoroughly do you cover strawmen? I imagine that’s your forte.
Ironic, given that he didn't say the words that you have quoted, nor did he imply them. By your definition* I believe that constitutes a strawman argument, no?


* a very loose definition that few others would subscribe to.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #65 of 71
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Ironic, given that he didn't say the words that you have quoted

 

Click the little green and grey icon next to his name and try to tell me again he didn’t say the words I quoted, troll.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #66 of 71

I won't just try, I'll succeed...

 

The exact words?  He did not say them.  He said he was leaving in different words, but the second part of your "quote" is entirely your imagination.

 

So I might be a troll (aside: I'm not), but you're definitely a liar.  And you've painted yourself into an absurd corner in this thread and made yourself look very foolish.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #67 of 71
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I won't just try, I'll succeed...

 

Okay, thanks for playing. You lose. Learn how to look at a post.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #68 of 71

I seriously don't even understand what you're on about sometimes.  His post does not say what you are saying it says.  You are wrong.  That you keep repeating your wrongness does not move it any closer to being right.  You are still wrong.  Shut up and less the grown ups talk.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #69 of 71
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I seriously don't even understand what you're on about sometimes.

 

Reading posts before replying to them would clear that up. Maybe you should read posts before replying to them. Want to know why I keep telling you to read posts before replying to them? Because even if you only read a few words out of this post before replying to it, you’ll have seen that you are to read the post before replying to it, so it works out.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
post #70 of 71

You're beyond parody.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #71 of 71
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
You're beyond parody.

 

When you get near an argument, hop on!

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

 

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple says working toward 'net zero energy' and green products in Environmental Responsibility Report