or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple shoots down Chinese state media accusations targeting iOS privacy, location tracking

Apple shoots down Chinese state media accusations targeting iOS privacy, location tracking - Page 2

post #41 of 47

I got bored and stopped reading after "Regarding the new allegations . . ."

Hope the Chinese have a longer attention span than I.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

When I find time to rewrite the laws of Physics, there'll Finally be some changes made round here!

I am not crazy! Three out of five court appointed psychiatrists said so.

post #42 of 47
This is the import difference between Apple and Google business models and why people can not compare Apple and Google when it comes to privacy.

"unlike many companies, our business does not depend on collecting large amounts of personal data about our customers."

Google whole business model depends on gathering your personal information without the ability to do this they can not prove to Advertiser their ads are getting in front of the right people. Google profits depend on this. Apple profits depend on seeing good hardware and servers.
post #43 of 47
If China can dissuade its citizens away from iPhones to Android imitations, their government will better be able to monitor their citizens.
post #44 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post

Does anyone else find it ironic that the state media of a totalitarian country worries about 'privacy?'

No.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #45 of 47
This Chinesse can't handle apple is the best
post #46 of 47
Microsoft is accused by the Chinese of similar "backdoor" access in some of their products and has issued similar response statements as Apple's.
http://www.networkworld.com/article/2458706/microsoft-subnet/about-those-alleged-backdoors-in-microsoft-products.html?source=NWWNLE_nlt_daily_am_2014-07-29#tk.rss_all
Edited by Gatorguy - 7/29/14 at 12:41pm
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #47 of 47

China Inc. turning their PR arm against competitors...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple shoots down Chinese state media accusations targeting iOS privacy, location tracking
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple shoots down Chinese state media accusations targeting iOS privacy, location tracking