or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's new PR chief may be former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, report says
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's new PR chief may be former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, report says - Page 2

post #41 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
 

Apple isn't trying to hire Dick Cheney.

No kidding? Shit.

post #42 of 99
Yeah cuz he did an awesome job for Obama.
post #43 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by happywaiman View Post

At least he has a thick skin to go to the Whitehouse press room and become a human shield for the organization.
Besides, PR in Apple is for landing on headlines and connection with worthy journalists, to fight current technology review is based on blogger, whose paycheck are from tech. company ad money.
It is time to retire Al Gore for PR and find someone with that kind connection.

Did you not ever watch a Jay Carney press conference? That man is the textbook definition of "thin skinned."
post #44 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post


Did you not ever watch a Jay Carney press conference? That man is the textbook definition of "thin skinned."

 

For me it was the strange, contorted facial expressions as he lied. It was so obvious it was painful to watch. I felt sorry for him many times because he was a true believer who knew his Emperor was naked. It took a while, but he finally wore himself out.

post #45 of 99

Apple's next press conference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLsDvGlIDh0

post #46 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

You can just imagine how the beta male liberals on here would have reacted if it was known that Apple was hiring somebody who was politically connected to the right.

 

 

Of all the things to hate about Obama (and believe me there are plenty) being too far to the left is certainly not one of them.

post #47 of 99

Pathetic. There Are Many GOOD PR Folks To Hire. Why Hire Carney The Lying Scumbag?

post #48 of 99
It doesn't matter if you're a donkey or an elephant, if you're pro or anti Obama. A corporation should minimize any public impression of political leaning. Carney is way too close to the Obama administration and the baggage that carries

Currently, much more of the country thinks poorly of Obama than admires him. Why bring that tarnish to your jewels, especially when an unknown with strong skills would be perfectly fine for that position.
post #49 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

Wow. Didn't know so many AI commenters were that psychopathic.

Don't worry, there weren't that many who thought this was a good idea. It appears many in this forum are still capable of logical thinking...
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
post #50 of 99
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
Who give's a shit. Yeah, because that is probably the only kind of people that work at Apple, Liberals./s

 

Could you comprehend LESS of what has been written? Honestly.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #51 of 99
Yes Yes Yes
post #52 of 99

The problem I have with Carney as AAPL's PR director is credibility.  A good PR person puts issues in as positive light as possible without misrepresenting the issues and facts.  And sometimes you need to admit mistakes, in great detail, apologize and state what will be done to fix the problem. 

 

Mr. Carney does not have this reputation.  Politics required the  spinning of facts and misrepresenting issues.  Fight for the short term and do not worry about the long term.  I do not see how his PR skill set translates into a business environment where reputation is everything to AAPL.  

 

When PR is critical to managing a crisis, stakeholders need to have confidence they are getting the truth.  Mr. Carney does not have this reputation.

post #53 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

There is just a small contingency of AI fans who believe Apple is a Conservative Corporation.

Corporations generally are more conservative than liberal. Publicly they may have a liberal face but liberal policies don't work well when someone expects a good or service for their money spent.

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you had a problem with your Mac or iPhone and Apple's response was "sorry, we're trying really hard but we're underfunded, if you just gave us a little more money..." See the Maps launch for a real life example. Not to say they don't contribute to public projects or causes, making a profit allows them to do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Where the **** do you get the idea that > 50% of this country is Republican?

Sorry I missed your post, but I see quite a few have answered your question.
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
post #54 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
 

Who give's a shit. Yeah, because that is probably the only kind of people that work at Apple, Liberals./s

 

Maybe Apple should announce it is thinking about hiring Sarah Palin as PR person.  But doing that would bring out the other side of AI psychopaths.

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply
post #55 of 99

Uber is faced with  the far more political task so he'd be a better fit there unless he's tired of that crap.

post #56 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by meofcourse View Post

Why would Apple hire a known liar as the face of Apple PR?

What, a younger/hipper PR face for Apple isn't not possible to be hired? Or maybe Apple just really wants to keep that white executive look of Apple in tack?

Cheney's on the short list?

 

I didn't know that.

 

Hey maybe with Apple's resources we'll finally find those WMDs that he started a ten trillion dollar war over?

 

Or not.

post #57 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post
 

 

Maybe Apple should announce it is thinking about hiring Sarah Palin as PR person.  But doing that would bring out the other side of AI psychopaths.

Can she see China from her front porch? That's the growing market....

post #58 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post
 

Huh,

AI deleted my posts. That's weird.

Can't be the word "shit", I see it that word throughout the comments; "tea bagger"… Really?...

 

Hmm…  Test: Teabagger    Test: Tea Bagger

 

Dropped right in your eager mouth.

post #59 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
 
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

 

Last I checked, Dick Cheney was not being hired by Apple.

 

Extremist liberals are tragic creatures.

Last I checked neither was Jay Carney.

 

Actually last you checked his name was allegedly on the list.

post #60 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by meofcourse View Post

Why would Apple hire a known liar as the face of Apple PR?

What, a younger/hipper PR face for Apple isn't not possible to be hired? Or maybe Apple just really wants to keep that white executive look of Apple in tack?

"Face of Apple"?

 

I couldn't pick the current PR person out of a lineup of one.

 

Anymore than he was "the face" of the administration..

post #61 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapf Brannigan View Post
 

Time to lay off the weed, dude, your eggs are overcooked. Multiple investigations ≠ "nothing there". There are a lot of layers to our bureaucracy, and these things can take months to unravel.

 

Political double speak has Hillary + Obama on record claiming it was "a spontaneous protest to a video" and later, Hillary trying to play both sides of the fence. Military security was available, in spite of your fallacious suggestion that the mean ol' GOP took away her credit card. I believe the phrase is "spin and blame shift", in your vernacular. I know... what difference does it make, right?

Since ISSA has found squat you can take it to the bank there's nothing there. 

post #62 of 99

Hey, AI! Why did you delete my post? Didn't like the political message? Thanks for defending the First Amendment!

post #63 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post
 

Can she see China from her front porch? That's the growing market....

 

Don't know as Palin never 'saw Russia from her house', but Tina Fey from SNL sees EVERYTHING (except how to excel career after SNL!).  Russia from her house and maybe China from her front porch...

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Reply
post #64 of 99
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
Hey, AI! Why did you delete my post? Didn't like the political message? Thanks for defending the First Amendment!

 

1. Grow up.

2. You do not have freedom of speech here. Please learn what you’re talking about before talking about it.

3. We have a subforum for politics where, really, these sorts of articles should be posted in the first place. Even when this crap is outside PoliticalOutsider, please try to keep comments as Apple-y as possible.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #65 of 99

Carney is a much better fit for Samsung.

FEAR GOOGLE
Reply
FEAR GOOGLE
Reply
post #66 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie View Post
 

Hey, AI! Why did you delete my post? Didn't like the political message? Thanks for defending the First Amendment!

AI isn't the Federal Government.

 

Bumpersticker whine FAIL.

post #67 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

1. Grow up.

2. You do not have freedom of speech here. Please learn what you’re talking about before talking about it.

3. We have a subforum for politics where, really, these sorts of articles should be posted in the first place. Even when this crap is outside PoliticalOutsider, please try to keep comments as Apple-y as possible.

You deleted all posts having to do with the discussion. You seem to keep the most inflammatory comments though. You deleted all my comments that were not inflammatory & let comments like this stand: (also now the thread has no context)

"Holy F*cking Shit!

That damn liar?

I think that he truly sucks. The amount of lies and BS that he spewed every single day was unbelievable.

Why doesn't Apple just hire the former Iraqi propaganda minister? He was at least more funny to watch."

 

Yeah, that sounds Apple-y.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

Could you comprehend LESS of what has been written? Honestly.

This is the comment I respond to: But I guess what Cook really means is liberal diversity. What are you responding to me about? I think you have issues with comprehension.


Edited by Splif - 7/15/14 at 12:09pm
post #68 of 99
It's very scary to read that someone actually thinks Jay Carney was a very good liar. Why would Apple consider hiring a such a person that lies to the people. What are their intentions
post #69 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post
 

Since ISSA has found squat you can take it to the bank there's nothing there. 

Right, politicians never lie, spin or cover up serious mistakes. Just like multiple hard drives with sensitive emails are absolutely prone to simultaneously spontaneously implode. There is NO corruption in government! None whatsover… that Watergate thing? Pure fiction. 

 

Obviously you are content to completely ignore the context of my previous comment inasmuch as you enjoy whistling past the graveyard, but I will keep my money exactly where it should be: following the paper trail, rather than spare embarassment to a seriously incompetent administration.

post #70 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Maybe Apple should announce it is thinking about hiring Sarah Palin as PR person.  But doing that would bring out the other side of AI psychopaths.

I'm pretty sure the other side would be consultant when the say keep the politicians and the slime associated with them, out of Apple.
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
Just say no to MacMall.  They don't honor their promotions and won't respond to customer inquiries.  There are better retailers out there.
Reply
post #71 of 99
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
You deleted all posts having to do with the discussion.

 

I did squat.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #72 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
 

You deleted all posts having to do with the discussion. 

:lol::D:smokey:

 

Another patently false accusation.

post #73 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

I did squat.

Sorry...someone at AI did. I got confused because you took the spokesperson role.

post #74 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

:lol::D:smokey:

 

Another patently false accusation.

Do you even have a clue as to WTF you are taking about?

post #75 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
 

Do you even have a clue as to WTF you are taking about?

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

 

You accused Tallest Skil of deleting posts, and I correctly pointed out that you were making a patently false accusation. If anybody doesn't know WTF they are talking about, it is you.

post #76 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post
 

I know exactly what I'm talking about.

 

You accused Tallest Skil of deleting posts, and I correctly pointed out that you were making a patently false accusation. If anybody doesn't know WTF they are talking about, it is you.

See my response to him & I wasn't the only one who responded that way, of course this is an intelligent response to the article:

"Holy F*cking Shit!

That damn liar?

I think that he truly sucks. The amount of lies and BS that he spewed every single day was unbelievable.

Why doesn't Apple just hire the former Iraqi propaganda minister? He was at least more funny to watch."

 

Also you said another patently false accusation, which implies more than this one.


Edited by Splif - 7/15/14 at 1:33pm
post #77 of 99
Tim must be drinking tap water. Even the fu**ing guy's name is CARNEY

Our neighbor's name is Carney, and they are wonderful people. Just remember, he did not lie to us about a war that lost us 4500 serviceman lives, and cost us 1.1 trillion dollars. Those are the press secretaries that should be having trouble sleeping.
post #78 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipkal View Post

Our neighbor's name is Carney, and they are wonderful people. Just remember, he did not lie to us about a war that lost us 4500 serviceman lives, and cost us 1.1 trillion dollars. Those are the press secretaries that should be having trouble sleeping.

Ironically, the new Press Secretary's name is Earnest. How about them apples? :p  I hope you are up on current events; Carney was not around for the Iraq war. Thank you for a featherweight attempt at blame-shifting, though! However, he did lie about the following: 

 

7) Benghazi

6) The Veterans Affairs debacle

5) Obama’s economic policies

4) How many people named Hillary Rosen he personally knows

3) The IRS scandal

2) Obamacare: The website, enrollment, and pretty much anything under the sun associated with it.

1) And the #1 whopper that also earned Barack Obama the Liar of the Year Award: “If you like your plan, you can keep it.” 

 

Who cares about how well a Press Secretary sleeps, when the "most transparent administration in history" can't face the public without some layer of subterfuge and spin? The burden that the middle class (as well as healthy people who could do without) shoulders, to pay the way for the have-nots via Obamacare far outweighs the cost of a war that never should have been.

post #79 of 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapf Brannigan View Post
 

Ironically, the new Press Secretary's name is Earnest. How about them apples? :p  I hope you are up on current events; Carney was not around for the Iraq war. Thank you for a featherweight attempt at blame-shifting, though! However, he did lie about the following: 

 

7) Benghazi

6) The Veterans Affairs debacle

5) Obama’s economic policies

4) How many people named Hillary Rosen he personally knows

3) The IRS scandal

2) Obamacare: The website, enrollment, and pretty much anything under the sun associated with it.

1) And the #1 whopper that also earned Barack Obama the Liar of the Year Award: “If you like your plan, you can keep it.” 

 

Who cares about how well a Press Secretary sleeps, when the "most transparent administration in history" can't face the public without some layer of subterfuge and spin? The burden that the middle class (as well as healthy people who could do without) shoulders, to pay the way for the have-nots via Obamacare far outweighs the cost of a war that never should have been.

Why do all the other posts in this thread get deleted & we continually see this. Yeah, it's all Obama's fault. Feel better!

It doesn't matter what the truth or any documented historical facts are you wouldn't believe it anyway.


Edited by Splif - 7/15/14 at 6:25pm
post #80 of 99
Originally Posted by Splif View Post
Why do all the other posts in this thread get deleted & we continually see this. Yeah, it's all Obama's fault. Feel better!

It doesn't matter what the truth or any documented historical facts are you wouldn't believe it anyway.

 

So you spew rhetoric of delusion while deluding yourself to the thought that everyone is wrong if they disagree with you?

Seems pretty stupid, but hey.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple's new PR chief may be former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, report says