or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple and IBM join forces in landmark push for iOS in enterprise

Apple and IBM join forces in landmark push for iOS in enterprise - Page 7

post #241 of 247

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #242 of 247
Does that mean that he's going to join the Polish Army ... or the Cub Scouts?
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
post #243 of 247
On a probably not related note there's a very in-depth and multi-graph picture of Apple's business and financials here.
http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-presentation-2014-7?op=1

It looks like the type of report Sog would be interested in.
Edited by Gatorguy - 7/18/14 at 5:04pm
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #244 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorin Schultz View Post

I don't know whether to be cautiously excited or underwhelmed… when I go to IBM's web site all I see (aside from all the icons with broken image links) is a mountain of ambiguspeak about collaboration and cloud and data analysis and other buzzwords that don't mean anything on their own. What kind of workers will be using iPads? What will they be doing with them? Is every workplace a custom project? What about industries using very specific software that runs on Windows? Is this intended to displace Windows terminals and servers?

There's not enough information for a sub-average Joe like me to assess what it means.

Work at becoming average, then you may understand.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #245 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I still say a partnership with IBM on their Watson A.I. to bolster (or replace) Siri would make a lot of sense.

You know Watson can only answer you in the form of a question, right? ;) 

Just like Australians?

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #246 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Work at becoming average, then you may understand.

Do you?

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

Lorin Schultz (formerly V5V)

Audio Engineer

V5V Digital Media, Vancouver, BC Canada

post #247 of 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Just like Australians?

Or someone who's lying. :)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple and IBM join forces in landmark push for iOS in enterprise