or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Former White House Press Secretary Carney still considering Apple PR role, Bloomberg says

Former White House Press Secretary Carney still considering Apple PR role, Bloomberg says - Page 5

post #161 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

To whom are you replying? The quote feature is great for making easy work of that for you.

Tallest Skil.

post #162 of 174
Mr. Carney (similar to the carny at a circus) could not be trusted in his role with President Obama. Mr. cook should realize that Mr. Carney would not be believed in any role with Apple. Apple should use a respected and trusted spokesperson for PR.
post #163 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJ View Post

Are you trying to imply anything I posted above is "nonsense trolling"? I joined A.I. in 2003, when I bought the first flat screen iMac. I would be using my original account but I wasn't using the internet much for a couple years, years ago, and forgot what account name and email address I used to use. I might have 100+ comments with that account, I honestly don't remember. Perhaps I should try to figure it out, I know for certain it has more comments than this account does and if I used that to comment again it would put me past the >100 threshold faster. I think if a person just joined and is trolling political thread, sure. Otherwise it's pathetic to limit members' opinions in politcal threads, the way Mac Rumors does. Yay for censoring possibly dissenting voices!

I think they just do that to avoid political thread trolling through alternate accounts.

post #164 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalpix View Post

Huge blunder for Apple if they go through with this.  Carney was caught lying multiple times about issues from the Veterans Administration, to Obamacare to Benghazi.  Can't believe Apple so stupi as to use him as a public face.  It would be their most self-destructive decision ever.

No, he really wasn't. Stating something that LATER turns out to be incomplete isn't close to the same as lying. Lying is Dick Cheney stating on national television "we" know where the chemical weapons factories are in Iraq, when NONE existed. Not knowing every detail about violence in a far off sovereign nation 72 hours after the attack is reality, not "lying".

Oh and the PR person is "the public face"?

I follow Apple medium close and I couldn't even tell you who the current PR person IS.Though I do seem to recall the position is filled by a woman at the moment and that's only because that was mentioned in one of the articles about her successor being looked for. So news about the news relations person as it were: NOT Apple....

He'd be begin chosen as much for the management experience of the White House Press office leadership as Press Secretary as well as his similar management experience leading the Times Washington Bureau: both large organizations, not his podium appearances.

post #165 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

They have to pass an executive litmus test, at least. He wouldn’t be an executive.

I rather think much of the problem with him is his congenital lying. 

Has there ever been even one presidential press secretary who hasn't lied constantly?   That's their job.    It doesn't matter if it was Pierre Salinger, Bill Moyers,  Ron Ziegler, Ari Fleischer, James Brady, George Stephanopoulos or whoever you want to name.   

His job at Apple (or with any such company) would be to develop positive relationships with the press, especially when Apple needs to counteract negative stories about them as they recently had to do in China. 

post #166 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoetmb View Post

Has there ever been even one presidential press secretary who hasn't lied constantly?   That's their job.    It doesn't matter if it was Pierre Salinger, Bill Moyers,  Ron Ziegler, Ari Fleischer, James Brady, George Stephanopoulos or whoever you want to name.   

His job at Apple (or with any such company) would be to develop positive relationships with the press, especially when Apple needs to counteract negative stories about them as they recently had to do in China. 

They'll occasionally get lied to but their directly lying is probably very rare. You get caught at that as press spokesperson and you're done. Now the administration behind the press secretary may very well know more than they give to the secretary: but that's a separate issue. 

post #167 of 174
Quote:

His job at Apple (or with any such company) would be to develop positive relationships with the press, especially when Apple needs to counteract negative stories about them as they recently had to do in China

What negative stories?

post #168 of 174
From a peoples of a country that the majority could't name the three branches of government (60%) or more than 2 of the Rights in the First Amendment (72%), to express such vitriol towards someone as displayed here, is asinine.

He's a liar? He didn't write policy. He didn't take something and emitted to his likes. He's the messenger.

If anything it's the media who thinks that it is their unalienable right to say anything, regardless. A media that historically when they get an answer they don't won't to hear, create their own. A media that tells us lies? Hell, it was a member of the media that led a hell of a lot of sheep to look and die for weapons of mass distruction. 

And who do your trust? Keep in mind that in virtually every study of such, members of the media are listed at the top of least trusted professionals along with the likes of lawyers and politicians.
post #169 of 174
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
...it’s simply a bad design in this modern world of near instant communication.

Hmm. I disagree, but for reasons too lengthy to expound on here.

Has there ever been even one presidential press secretary who hasn't lied constantly?   That's their job.

It terrifies me that people who believe this are allowed to vote.

post #170 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I would love for Apple to hire a PR person connected to Bush, only to see the laughable and hypocritical liberal reactions to it.

But I am smart enough to know that it would be a terrible idea and it would be an extremely stupid business decision for any company to hire somebody who is guaranteed to cause controversy. 

I'm probably what you would classify as a liberal (even thought I'm not really, by definition) and I'd have no fucking problem if Apple hired a Bush PR flack. You know why? Because I trust that Apple has the context, information, reasons, and tools to make a more informed decision than my opinion could ever be on the matter.  I have enough humility to admit that some are in a better position to have the right answer than I do at times. 

post #171 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

They have to pass an executive litmus test, at least. He wouldn’t be an executive.

I rather think much of the problem with him is his congenital lying.

What a weird word to throw in there.  Do you have any proof that he has been a liar since before he was able to speak?

censored

censored

post #172 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

I'm probably what you would classify as a liberal (even thought I'm not really, by definition) and I'd have no fucking problem if Apple hired a Bush PR flack. You know why? Because I trust that Apple has the context, information, reasons, and tools to make a more informed decision than my opinion could ever be on the matter.  I have enough humility to admit that some are in a better position to have the right answer than I do at times. 

It's my impression that in the modern age that's more a skill position than a true-beleiver slot so I'd agree (and also from a more leftward position).

post #173 of 174

Why was my first comment to this thread (YouTube links to former Obama supporters, and also YouTube links to 9/11 Families) deleted by a moderator? What gives?

post #174 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJ View Post

Why was my first comment to this thread (YouTube links to former Obama supporters, and also YouTube links to 9/11 Families) deleted by a moderator? What gives?

What in that description has anything to do with the thread topic about Jay Carney working at Apple? These articles always seem to end up getting diverted into general politics but some people do it worse than others. Your posts are the furthest off-topic.

There's really very little need to mention the US president and what each government party is doing, especially outside of an involvement of Jay Carney or Apple.

If there's nothing more to say about Jay Carney or Apple, there's nothing more to add to the thread. If you have some political discussion that you need to vent, the place to do it is in one of the many threads here:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/f/17/politicaloutsider

I noticed your mention about a post count of 100 being required to post there but you'll hit that post count eventually. Don't worry about not being able to express your feelings immediately, the political discussions are pretty much exactly the same year after year.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Former White House Press Secretary Carney still considering Apple PR role, Bloomberg says