or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Former White House Press Secretary Carney still considering Apple PR role, Bloomberg says

Former White House Press Secretary Carney still considering Apple PR role, Bloomberg says - Page 3

post #81 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Name calling, just what I would expect from liberals.

No one sane cares that he was a press secretary, and you make too many blatantly idiotic assumptions. If you read through all of your own words, you might see the idiocy in some these notions (especially reading into his political opinions from a simple post like that, what is with the "us or them" mentality?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

It really doesn't matter if he did a good job or not. The problem is being associated with the adminstration. By the way not because there are Democrates in the Whitehouse but rather because this bunch have such a total disregard for the Constitution and ethical behavior.
Hitler had people working the press for him, should those people be rewarded for their short term successful?

Nooo...... why do well reasoned people succumb to this? You can look up the guy's background. The majority of his career was spent reporting on politics rather than as a spokesperson for the current administration. What I don't understand is why anyone would get so hung up on this. He was never in a position to make any real decisions. Beyond that the Hitler reference is really beneath you, especially the comment about rewards. Since when is a position a reward? We are not talking about cronyism here. This just relates to resume considerations.

Edited by hmm - 7/20/14 at 12:14pm
post #82 of 174
Leave it to crazy right wing wingnuts to turn anything into a scandal. All the PR hacks from the worst administration in our country's history, the George W Bush administration, have found jobs in the private sector. Has this been an issue for any Liberal? No.

I'm glad the GOP is a dying party, I just wish the death throes of delusional hate-mongers was easier to ignore. How about all y'all inhale your own "harmless" black truck exhaust and save the rest of us from your destructive views?
post #83 of 174
Quote:

Because I won't give money to a company that would hire a liar and political hack like Carney. If Target hired him I'd stop shopping there. I'm not a fan of Amazon or Jeff Bezos (for various reasons) so I don't shop on Amazon.com, don't have a prime membership and don't use any of their apps.

So if Apple DOES hire Carney (which they wont), and if you DO leave Apple like you say (which you won't), then I'm curious which company you would buy your products from, instead? I'm sure we're all dying to know, and which other tech companies employ 100% ethical and honest people in all their ranks, or at least at a level beyond Apple. 

post #84 of 174

What makes you think only One doesn't like Obama's POLICIES and the PR associated with him?

Rush Limbaugh is a Mac fan. 

It should be clear by the posts that using a Political figure like this is BAD FOR BUSINESS.

I don't like Gore either being on the Board of Directors.

Apple, and other Smart Businesses should stay away from Politics.

post #85 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

So in other words, you don't really shop anywhere because it sounds like you have a complaint about everyone in the world? But...I have a feeling you're stretching the truth a little there. 

Stretching the truth? Hardly. I don't shop on Amazon and I don't use any of their services. 

post #86 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

You shut the f$&k up. The man made a statement and I am asking him to stick with it.

Defending him by attacking me is stupid.

A lot of people are stating they will leave Apple if Apple does...

Well, Apple is doing and they are still with Apple spewing more they will leave Apple if Apple does...

It is time to leave Apple or stop saying they will leave Apple!

Just an FYI - I'm female.

post #87 of 174

As for Carney - He spent SOOOOO much time lying to the press corps in his previous job, how the hell could you believe anything the would say on Apples behalf

post #88 of 174

So the operation was a success? ;)

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #89 of 174
I don't think Apple is that stupid! Jay Carney couldn't even sell Obama. A bored media whore.
post #90 of 174
@ Wizard69said: "Hitler had people working the press for him, should those people be rewarded for their short term successful?"

You lose all credibility by using Hitler as an analogy. Not sure what their short term successful means as it is not a complete thought.
post #91 of 174
Quote:

Name calling, just what I would expect from liberals.

I don't see any name calling in his post.

post #92 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmz101 View Post

If Carney is appointed PR director for Apple - I will literally puke.
Without photos it didn't happen.

A video would be even better!
post #93 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

I don't think Apple is that stupid! Jay Carney couldn't even sell Obama. A bored media whore.
Well Tim Cook did hire John Browett and when someone emailed him about it he said Browett was "the best by far". Thankfully he corrected that mistake.
post #94 of 174
A suspicious person would suspect Mr Carney is after another job altogether and is judiciously leaking he is being headhunted by moneybags Apple as a negotiating ploy to get a better pay packet.

Who else on this planet would leak to the press that they were negotiating with a company to be employed by them? This whole thing smells.

And if Aplle really has been talking to him, all this unseemly leaking to his mates in the press should ensure they do not talk to him again.

Or they are idiots. He is not compatible with Apple culture.
It's the heat death of the universe, my friends.
It's the heat death of the universe, my friends.
post #95 of 174
Quote:

Not in the least! Apple can do a lot better. You try to paint this as a right wing response when it really has nothing to do with politics. We have an adminstration that is functionally criminal. Carney shares some responsibility for that and as such needs to suffer.

We'll see...so far close to zip.

post #96 of 174
Quote:

...an administration that is functionally criminal

WTF does that mean?

post #97 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

He was actually hired at a point where the administration was already unpopular, so your statement is greatly exaggerated. Calling someone a whore is also meaningless. It's just strong language used in place of anything of substance. Carney was press secretary from some time in 2011 through April 2014. Would you have suggested this position remained unfilled so that no one would have to associate themselves with the current administration? After all anyone who took the position at that point was going to face the same thing later on. As I mentioned his career began long before his position as press secretary. The predominant complaint here seems to be one of association with a secondary unsubstantiated claim that he's a liar. The people who post the second one seem to regard it as common knowledge rather than just a possibility. Given that they offered no reference, it's also not possible to determine the severity of their claims. Amusingly the older threads show the same claim with Katie Cotton. Anyone even tangentially involved in PR seems to be branded that way at some point.

post #98 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmm View Post

He was actually hired at a point where the administration was already unpopular, so your statement is greatly exaggerated. Calling someone a whore is also meaningless. It's just strong language used in place of anything of substance. Carney was press secretary from some time in 2011 through April 2014. Would you have suggested this position remained unfilled so that no one would have to associate themselves with the current administration? After all anyone who took the position at that point was going to face the same thing later on. As I mentioned his career began long before his position as press secretary. The predominant complaint here seems to be one of association with a secondary unsubstantiated claim that he's a liar. The people who post the second one seem to regard it as common knowledge rather than just a possibility. Given that they offered no reference, it's also not possible to determine the severity of their claims. Amusingly the older threads show the same claim with Katie Cotton. Anyone even tangentially involved in PR seems to be branded that way at some point.

Exactly.

Also, I am not sure he gets the meaning of the phrase 'media whore'.

post #99 of 174

I'm not going to get all fired up like I did in previous threads. I am extremely cool headed today, and I am viewing this pragmatically.

I will merely say that for the moment, I choose to trust Jim Dalrymple's "nope". His "nopes" have never been wrong so far, and they are therefore far more accurate and valuable than any media reports, which have gotten many things wrong in the past.

I will however say, that if by some weird, evil chance, that this ridiculous rumor were actually to be true, then it will go down as one of Apple's biggest blunders and tragic mistakes since the company was founded.

post #100 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I will however say, that if by some weird, evil chance, that this ridiculous rumor were actually to be true, then it will go down as one of Apple's biggest blunders and tragic mistakes since the company was founded.
I'm sure Tim Cook will say he was the best choice by far. lol.gif
post #101 of 174
Quote:

So you are female. Guess what? My responses still stand.

If this PR hire happens, I and others look forward to you posting your goodbye response as Rogifan and look forward to you continuing to spew nonsense under a different alias.

IF you do not intend leaving Apple if the PR hire does happen, admit it now instead of being labelled a liar later.
post #102 of 174

Huge blunder for Apple if they go through with this.  Carney was caught lying multiple times about issues from the Veterans Administration, to Obamacare to Benghazi.  Can't believe Apple so stupi as to use him as a public face.  It would be their most self-destructive decision ever.

post #103 of 174
Quote:

Bigger mistake than hiring  Browett, Papermaster, firing of SJ,  Performa TV, licensing Mac OS to Power Mac, buttonless iPod Shuffle, Mobile Me, Mac Cube, the numerous disasters they called a mouse, the Newton? Give me a break. it is just a PR position that has absolutely no impact on Apple history or Apple future. And if Carney was hired, I think he would do a fine job, although I doubt he will be. Not a good fit in my opinion, mostly because it doesn't seem like he would fit in well with Apple culture. He owns too many suits.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

post #104 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Exactly.

Also, I am not sure he gets the meaning of the phrase 'media whore'.

I always interpreted that phrase as a generic pejorative. Apparently he did work for the White House prior to 2011 in a different role. I missed that, but it still doesn't support the outrage. Glancing through the thread, none of them even mentioned it.

post #105 of 174

Oh, I see the name calling now.

censored

censored

post #106 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post
 He owns too many suits.

If Tim Cook thinks that it's a smart idea to piss off roughly half of their customers in their home country, then go for it.

post #107 of 174

90% of their customers won't ever hear about it.  90% of those that do won't care.  Half of the remainder might be pissed off, while half will be pleased.

It won't move any needles.

censored

censored

post #108 of 174
Quote:

So spare me from your bullshit and your hypocrisy, you hypocritical liberals.

So  much for the pragmatic cool head...

post #109 of 174
Quote:

Quote:
 He owns too many suits.

If Tim Cook thinks that it's a smart idea to piss off roughly half of their customers in their home country, then go for it.

Honestly, to think that even 10% of Apple customers are following this story is absurd.

post #110 of 174
Quote:

No one sane cares that he was a press secretary,

Oh, really?  Then I, an Apple stockholder, am no one - and neither are many other posters on this thread. Jay Carney has just got through representing a president who, according to a Quinnipiac poll of last week, is the least popular since World War II. Carney lied or was duplicitous on numerous occasions on such matters as the unconscionable medical treatment of veterans at the VA, the healthcare act (myriad lies about keeping your plan and your doctor),  the IRS, Benghazi, etc., etc.   These matters may be trivial to you but not a huge percentage of our country.  For a public corporation to have such a person as their public face is absurd.  If Apple goes through with it, I predict a giant stockholder rebellion and who knows what else?

post #111 of 174
Quote:

So  much for the pragmatic cool head...

Believe me, I'm still pretty calm. This isn't true as of yet.

I do know one thing though, I am going to blow my damn top if this turns out to be true. I'm not sure what I will do yet, we shall see. It's still a rumor for now, so no point in expending any extra energy and rage on a rumor.

post #112 of 174
Quote:

Honestly, to think that even 10% of Apple customers are following this story is absurd.

Not too many are following this rumor, that's true, but if this turns out to be true, then it would be news in many major publications, and then many more people would find out. He would after all be the spokesperson for Apple.

I wouldn't believe anything coming out of Apple anymore, if it is coming out of his mouth. Like I said, this would be a terrible idea.

What's next?

Apple LiePhone 6?

post #113 of 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalpix View Post

If Apple goes through with it, I predict a giant stockholder rebellion and who knows what else?

There is only one thing stockholders care about and it is not politics.

post #114 of 174

By the way, I never knew that Rogifan was a chick.

For some reason, I'd just always assumed that they were male. 

Anyway, carry on.

:lol:

post #115 of 174
Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post
WTF does that mean?

Seems easy to see what he means.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #116 of 174
Quote:

I also have a message for the liberal girly men on here who claim that this is no big deal. The message i have for these hypocrites is that they are full of shit, and everybody knows damn well that they would wet their panties if this same situation were reversed, and Apple were hiring a spokesperson from the Bush admin for example.

I don't really fit either of those adjectives, but I think you greatly overestimate that one. As for Bush's press secretaries, the one I remember is Tony Snow (poor guy). His successor Dana Perino (just a wiki link) had a successful career after leaving the White House. I don't think anyone would be outraged if she was up for the job.

post #117 of 174
Quote:

By the way, I never knew that Rogifan was a chick.

Me either. That would be one scary chick. Can't imagine...

post #118 of 174
Quote:

I don't think anyone would be outraged if she was up for the job.

I think that you greatly underestimate liberals.

She's on Foxnews! 

Liberals would be outraged! Just mention the word "Foxnews" to any liberal and their face instantly frowns, and they begin to make strange contortions, before they have an uncontrollable hissy fit and self implode.

post #119 of 174
Quote:

There is only one thing stockholders care about and it is not politics.

I assume you mean profits here - and if so, I couldn't agree more.  And that is PRECISELY why Carney would be a mistake as a public face of the company because he alienates a huge numbers of consumers.  The last thing a company like Apple should want is to be spending even two minutes explaining why they picked such a politicized person as their PR representative.  Even if the Obama administration were popular, which it clearly no longer is, it would be a bad idea.

post #120 of 174
Quote:

And that explains everything! :lol:

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Mac Mini (Mid 2011) 2.5 GHz Core i5

120 GB SSD/500 GB HD/8 GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256 MB

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Former White House Press Secretary Carney still considering Apple PR role, Bloomberg says