or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple hit with class action lawsuit over alleged labor violations, more than 20K plaintiffs involved

Apple hit with class action lawsuit over alleged labor violations, more than 20K plaintiffs involved - Page 2

post #41 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro64 View Post

As person who has gone into a number of apple store and have gotten support for them, I can see why they may not get timely breaks. There has been a few time when they were trouble shooting a problem I was in a for a few hours and the person stay with us the entire time or was jumping back and forth between people help them. Now imagine if someone was helping you and they said sorry it is may break and walked away. 

I am glad they stayed until the problem was solve, that is great customer service.

I had this happen to me in a grocery story a few times and I was not happen the cashier just said they were leaving and someone would be there to help because it was their break time.

If these people want timely breaks and stuff go work a union shop and see how well they goes.

It also appears a majority of these people are not longer working for Apple so either they realize it was not the place for them and left which is their right, or the were left go because they did not do what they need to earn their paycheck, either ways they just crybabies

Are all of these folks hourly workers or is it a mix of salaried and hourly?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #42 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You’re seeing people take Apple’s side because Apple isn’t wrong. The suit is being brought by whiny, lazy bums. Were Apple using slave labor, I can’t imagine anyone taking their side.

The suit is brought by people who believe they have evidence that Apple has violated Californian law. It doesn't matter if they're also lazy if Apple has been breaking the law. I'm not going to speculate as to who's right, but that's how labor law claims work in this country.

This is how the tort system works. If you don't like the tort system, get ready for more intrusive regulatory inspections. 

post #43 of 56
Originally Posted by Arlor View Post
It doesn't matter if they're also lazy if Apple has been breaking the law.

I like that wording a lot. 

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

post #44 of 56
Quote:

Hey, Crowley! (or whoever it was I said this to. Maybe the other guy. Or that other guy.) YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? It is NEVER brought up by ANYONE but the offendee. It is NEVER said by people who take the other side of the argument.

Sorry bro, you need to re-read the exchange, we were talking about accusations of being a paid shill.  I see none of that here, and as I said before, it invariably goes in the direction of those who are being critical (or sometimes just non-effusive) about Apple.

censored

censored

post #45 of 56
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Sorry bro, you need to re-read the exchange, we were talking about accusations of being a paid shill.

No, we weren’t talking about that specifically. 

post #46 of 56

Yes we were.  You responded to me, and that was what I was talking about.  If you thought we were talking about something different, well that explains the disagreement.  Maybe you should read more carefully?

Go see for yourself, read what you quoted: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/181485/apple-denies-installing-ios-backdoor-services-for-government-agencies#post_2567611

censored

censored

post #47 of 56
Yes we were.

You can’t conditionally pick and choose what you want to assume. Either you keep the same level of assumption or you don’t assume anything.

post #48 of 56

I'm not really sure what you're talking about there, but I'm not assuming anything, the truth is there in the words that you quoted:

Quote:
Quote:

Sounds fairly similar to the accusations often levied against anyone posting anything not in favour of Apple that they're a paid up Google or Samsung shill.

Funny how it’s only ever levied by the anti-Apple people after having been disproven in their claims, huh. Almost makes it seem a completely fabricated belief repeated as fact.

"paid up Google or Samsung shill"

There it is, right there.  That's what I was talking about.  If you were talking about something different then you didn't read my post properly.

Wriggle all you like little worm.

Edited by Crowley - 7/23/14 at 2:41pm

censored

censored

post #49 of 56

Wriggle all you like little worm.

Yeah, you seem to be pretty good at that. Read posts before replying.

post #50 of 56

I always do.  You, evidently, do not, and we have proof of that.

Good night sir.

censored

censored

post #51 of 56
You, evidently, do not, and we have proof of that.

At least you’re making my posts for me.

post #52 of 56

Are your thoughts processes seriously "can't think of a way out of this corner, accuse the other person of not being able to read, there's no way they can defend against that" ?

Your self-delusion and arrogance is comical, but you aren't fooling me.  You're the court jester :lol:

censored

censored

post #53 of 56
Are your thoughts processes seriously  ant think of a way out of this corner

Yours seem to be.

post #54 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by frxntier View Post

MORE THEN

The correct usage is "more than", not "more then", unless you want to say something like "more people liked Apple products in the 80s, more then than now" (and that's pushing it!).

As for the suit, do you want to work without breaks?

I don't know who's right, but I have faith in the justice system. (Sorry, couldn't write that without stopping to laugh!)

Your welcome.

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #55 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodWorks View Post

Well, if we're going to get all pedantic here, the correct usage is: "I don't know who's right...," not "whose." Who's is a contraction of "who is," "whose" implies ownership.
Lol, you were writing this as I was finishing up mine and didn't see this until I pushed the "reply" button. As a sidenote, I sometimes wonder how many spelling or grammar errors posted on the internet are due to autocorrect?

Wonder away, because you'll never know.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #56 of 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSmoke View Post

I was preparing a longer post but unfortunately it will have to wait. I need a rest break first.

Your speed of typing is incredibly...I’ll let you know after my break.

- African proverb
- African proverb
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple hit with class action lawsuit over alleged labor violations, more than 20K plaintiffs involved