or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues - Page 3

post #81 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMarc43 View Post

iMessage doesn't seem to work in Yosemite. Anyone else experience this or have a solution?

Dunno. Haven't been there. Maybe you have no cellular reception?
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #82 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

But Oct 10th is the same as Oct 1st¡ Seriously though, I don't see Cook waiting or forcing a release to conform to such a date unless it's slated to be ready within a week before that date. It is a Friday; have they released a new OS on a Friday?
There was many.

In Cupertino it's maybe October X. 1biggrin.gif

Well, that would be X X, so we've come full circle.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #83 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:
Uuuhm, why is there a difference?

Because you use them differently.
Quote:
And what makes you say Mail, Calendar, iTunes are document-based? The only app I would consider document-based would be Preview, and even that one is more or less a read-only app. Notes, Disk Utility, Mail, Calendar and iTunes...I'd consider those databases. 

Mail because you create documents, Calendar because multiple individual items can be open at once, and iTunes because it plays music in the background.

That may be so, but it seems redundant to me. It would be much simpler if everything stayed open, even if you closed all windows. I think the way in which some apps quit is a throwback to many years ago when resources were much scarcer.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #84 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post


No. Apple is for all ages, not just adults.

 

 

That's why they have parental controls...

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #85 of 86

Does anyone else see the optical illusion in Calendars... Year view?  Everything seems curved/slanted to the right and down...

 

But it isn't.

 

Or is it?

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply

 

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

 

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

 

 

Reply
post #86 of 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post

There were many.

Yes there was.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X

Gear mentioned in this thread:

AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues