or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction

Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction - Page 2

post #41 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali View Post

The amount of optimism on this thread is funny.

last month it was "crush sammy!"

today it's "who cares? sammy isn't important"

Apple should have completely annihilated Sammy.

Oh, they'll still do that... in the marketplace and with developers.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #42 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

In the universe of Android manufacturers. Have you not seen how much more Samsung sells than the next nearest competitor?
Moving the goal posts again. I clearly stated that Samsung sells half as many phones as Samsung. Why are trying to turn this into Android vs the iPhone when the article is clearly about Apple and Samsung?
Quote:

Except I said Android manufacturers. Show me Motorla's, LG's, and HTC's numbers.
Except that I stated Samsung vs Apple.

However I'll play along. It's been said Samsung outsells Motorola, LG and HTC combined.

Therefore, the iPhone outsells the top 4 Android manufacturers COMBINED.
post #43 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

It was never about getting a big settlement.  No way any court will award a company $10B 

Absolutely true.

If I had TS's talent, I'd clip that bit of the Joker lighting the pile of cash on fire and saying 'It's not about the money. It's about sending a message' from 'The Dark Knight'!

EDIT: @sog35 - love reading your posts. Props to you!

post #44 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloggerblog View Post

Samsung does not care to look like fools. In the end it's Apple that looked foolish, throwing all it's litigation power and coming out with a measly payout, while Samsung continues to dominate, yes dominate. Samsung will run a few more wall-hugger ads, and flood the chat-rooms with anti-Apple / pro Samsung sentiments, get someone to make another "theatre" on PBS of how horrible conditions are at Foxconn, and bob's your uncle.

If Apple could've EVER been successful in litigation it would've been with the original iPhone and then the iPad, things could've never been so cut-n-dry.

Where's @Slurpy when you need him?

post #45 of 63
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

EDIT: @sog35 - love reading your posts. Props to you!

He’s right on point here.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

post #46 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post

Apple's laughing their way to the bank, Samsung's laughing their way to the bank, the lawyers are laughing their way to the bank, AI's laughing their way to the bank (thanks to clickbait headlines)...

Is there anyone who isn't laughing their way to the bank?

AI readers.

post #47 of 63
Back when Samsung made the Matrix phone, they were cool. They even got the guy who played an Agent in the movie in an ad.

The sad part is that if they had diverted half their ad budget to their R&D dept., they may have still had something cool.

I, for one, am still disappointed with the outcome of the lawsuits against Samsung by Apple. I think Apple wuz robbed.
post #48 of 63

It was Nokia that made the cooler of the two phones show cased in Matrix, I know, I have a signed one with Keanu Reeves signature sitting in my Nokia display right now, Samsung's version was just awful in every single way imaginable.

It wasn't until the Nokia 7650 though that this particular form factor really took off.

Edited by Relic - 7/29/14 at 1:35am
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played.
post #49 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Moving the goal posts again. I clearly stated that Samsung sells half as many phones as Samsung. Why are trying to turn this into Android vs the iPhone when the article is clearly about Apple and Samsung?
Except that I stated Samsung vs Apple.

However I'll play along. It's been said Samsung outsells Motorola, LG and HTC combined.

Therefore, the iPhone outsells the top 4 Android manufacturers COMBINED.

I didn't deny Apple's dominance, but that doesn’t mean there cannot exist another dominant player.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #50 of 63
On a bright side we haven't heard much lately about the Apple-Samsung lawsuits. Not sure if there is really a decrease in amount of lawsuits between them or the media got sick of reporting them...
post #51 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truffol View Post

On a bright side we haven't heard much lately about the Apple-Samsung lawsuits. Not sure if there is really a decrease in amount of lawsuits between them or the media got sick of reporting them...

Speaking of lawsuits, whatever happened to the Rockstar lawsuits? Those were supposed to be massive.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #52 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Speaking of lawsuits, whatever happened to the Rockstar lawsuits? Those were supposed to be massive.
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2145640/google-lawsuit-against-rockstar-to-stay-in-california.html
melior diabolus quem scies
post #53 of 63
Largely unreported, Samsung has also filed a motion with the court (Judge Koh) to have the supposedly infringed "slide-to-unlock" and "universal search" Apple patents to be ruled invalid as a matter of law. That's in accordance with the recent SCOTUS ruling in Alice v.CLS according to Samsung arguments.
http://ia600803.us.archive.org/19/items/gov.uscourts.cand.251113/gov.uscourts.cand.251113.1935.2.pdf
post #54 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SockRolid View Post

... while laughing all the way to the bank.  

Apple's laughing their way to the bank, Samsung's laughing their way to the bank, the lawyers are laughing their way to the bank, AI's laughing their way to the bank (thanks to clickbait headlines)...

Is there anyone who isn't laughing their way to the bank?

The laughing policeman; he's on patrol.

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #55 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Tiago Matos View Post
Or Samsung actually decided to pay the licences.

We need more comedians on the site.

Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post
Hopefully it will all come back to bite Scamsung in its fat ass in the not too distant future.

Kim Jong Un is looking like he’s going to throw a tantrum...

I guess a Tantrum is a North Korean Samsung.

Well, you did say we needed more comedians; didn't say they had to be any good...

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #56 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relic View Post

It was Nokia that made the cooler of the two phones show cased in Matrix, I know, I have a signed one with Keanu Reeves signature sitting in my Nokia display right now, Samsung's version was just awful in every single way imaginable.

It wasn't until the Nokia 7650 though that this particular form factor really took off.

Good film, The Matrix. Kudos to you for having a signed phone of K. Reeves. I like films where they take you out of yourself; Avatar is another.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #57 of 63
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post
Well, you did say we needed more comedians; didn't say they had to be any good...

You’re just lucky this sentence was funny.

post #58 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:

You’re just lucky this sentence was funny.

If you’re suggesting that your sides didn’t split at my hilarious pun, then I’m aghast.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #59 of 63

I have to imagine that a Steve Jobs-led Apple would not drop the injection efforts, and rightly so in my book.  

post #60 of 63

It's amazing to me how much hate and anger there is in these forums. Emperor Palpatine would be proud.

post #61 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuarayer View Post

It's amazing to me how much hate and anger there is in these forums. Emperor Palpatine would be proud.

Almost seems like the online meeting place for people that cheer at executions.
post #62 of 63
Originally Posted by joshuarayer View Post

Yeah, Eric Schmidt is pretty happy that he got a few million dollars out of his scam so far.

post #63 of 63
Quote:

I didn't deny Apple's dominance, but that doesn’t mean there cannot exist another dominant player.

Is there some Old English meaning for "dominant" you are using? Because where I come from dominant means top dog. The big cheese. The one who dominates everyone else.

Apple dominates the one thing that matters most when you are running a business - profit. Android can dominate marketshare - heck, netbooks dominated marketshare for a couple of years. Are they still around?

And I'm not saying Android is going the way of netbooks - it will be used on billions of devices because it's free. But will it be as relevant and influential on the mobile market as it's market share would suggest? I think the answer to that is a resounding no.

Let's put it another way - is Android that is only used on a phone as a phone and not what we think of a smartphone experience really a "win"? Your answer to that question will say more about your biases than market realities.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple drops cross-appeal of final judgment in Samsung lawsuit, no longer seeks permanent injunction