or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple adds Fox Now, CNBC channels to Apple TV

Apple adds Fox Now, CNBC channels to Apple TV - Page 3

post #81 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

To mention DVR technology in the context of a streaming system seems, IMHO, like asking for running boards and horse pulling attachments on a car.

In an ideal world I would agree. But the networks and programs I watch are not available to me on demand. If I don't record them and watch them at my convenience I would have to wait for them to come out on DVD, another dying technology.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #82 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

You don't need a 'plan' for the OTA channels if you're getting them via a antenna.

Duh. Reading comprehension please.
post #83 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

Duh. Reading comprehension please.

I comprehended just fine. The word 'plan' was unnecessary, because it suggests that you have to sign up for a service.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #84 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I comprehended just fine. The word 'plan' was unnecessary, because it suggests that you have to sign up for a service.

If only words in our language had more than one meaning! All this confusion could have been avoided!
post #85 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1h15233 View Post

If only words in our language had more than one meaning! All this confusion could have been avoided!

There wasn't confusion. I knew what you meant. I was just pointing out a tiny error in your wording. You can actually get a OTA channels plan from your local cable company. My intention was to help. Apologies if it seemed otherwise.
post #86 of 88
Cord-cutters denied by Apple. Again. I'm starting to get really disappointed with how Apple appears to be more and more in the pockets of Comcast and TWC.
post #87 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

While I'm happy to have more content on ATV, channel navigation is getting out of hand ... The ATV couldn't be farther from Steve Jobs claims of having "cracked" the TV problem. Unless this is what Jobs had in mind, in which case he clearly "cracked" his head.

Apple needs to get serious about this before they add many more channels ...

Totally agree! I won't know until it's revealed but I believe I understand Job's vision; a genre-centric Genius-like search engine and TV show aggregator. Apple TV employs the same old IOS app paradigm, cram them next to each other willy-nilly. This stale paradigm is why I prefer OS X over IOS. I think IOS and Apple TV both need a reboot.

post #88 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookiee69 View Post

Cord-cutters denied by Apple. Again. I'm starting to get really disappointed with how Apple appears to be more and more in the pockets of Comcast and TWC.

Not Apple, the cable companies. 

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Apple adds Fox Now, CNBC channels to Apple TV